Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 207432 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #465 on: March 09, 2014, 12:37:18 pm »

TeamTeam E

Realise my weapon is utterly ineffective, sit somewhere that isn't accessible from the air and twiddle with my kinetic amp.[pre[/pre]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:20:21 pm by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 09, 2014, 01:05:02 pm »

Team Fire-amp-people
Dominika cursed and ducked into cover. What a battle... Dominika did not intend to die.
Get into cover. If drones approach me, set them on fiyah.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 10, 2014, 01:54:24 pm »

TEAM D

Enter BT mode and destroy droids not being attacked by allies (avoid con, manip and amp friendly fire). Preference to bots getting away from the impact site and trying to spread.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #468 on: March 12, 2014, 07:37:50 am »

-Lars 3

((Say... did this count my MkIII endurance bonus?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #469 on: March 17, 2014, 11:55:09 am »

HELLO PLAYERS. Dark souls 2 is pretty damn great. Took me 60 hours to beat, so you'll definitely get your money's worth. Anyways, back to game.

TEAM A
TEAM A
BROOOM AND DRIIIINK POSSIBLY DANCE TOO

TEAM B

Stacy, Team BF Platypus

It's time to use the MFM, yeah!

If I can, heat up one or more of the explosive-looking killbots up by whatever seems like a reasonable amount of kelvins. Hope they explode and take other killbots with them.

Stacy, Team BF Platypus

It's time to use the MFM, yeah!

If I can, heat up one or more of the explosive-looking killbots up by whatever seems like a reasonable amount of kelvins. Hope they explode and take other killbots with them.

Team BF

Watch the results of this. If Stacy does the Stacy again, duck and make a temporary shield around myself with my MMA (mass manip amp) to deflect debris.

If not, do the same thing Stacy's doing if there are any left.

Team (B)ad News

Thomas reduces the power level of his weapon to about 1/2 of the max and increases the diffraction a very small amount. Then he scopes up, targets the drones and fires, swinging the laser across the swarm to hit them all.

Quote from: Thomas to Xan
I think that you folks with the amps might be better at eliminating the battlesuits. My rifle is only a modified laser, so I can slide the beam across the crowd and eliminate multiple of them. Those amps and manipulators will probably be able to pierce the armor better than my rifle.

Jack Catar-Team B
Head to B7.  Engage drones

((yay, I'm helping.))

Pancaek - Team B - D8

"Okay...guys..you heard general...whats his face. Killer bots at b7, go shooty patooty. I'm just gonna lay down for a moment now."

Pancaek will find a safe place inside of D8 and rest his brain for a bit. The team B light infantry sod team will help attack the enemies at B7.

Team B, Second in Command.

Have ThunderTron shoot at any drones that come close on its own if possible then start firing on drones with bolt action rifle. If not possible, just fire weapons myself.

TEAM C

[exo 1+1]
What the what? Since when does Miya roll for exo? Hell, he doesn't even have an amp! The hell?

valiant efforts of Pancaek manage to protect the assents at D8 and F9, but it leaves him basically completely burnt out.
Could we maybe say Miya helped out a bit, if only to save some of Pancaek's mindpoints? Also, what assets at F9? There's nothing there but wasteland in the aurora.

Now, the drone pods themselves are rather small, spike like things that came down using the kinetic attacks as cover. They landed at h5, b7 and h9. Bishop manage to kill one that was coming down toward E7.  The pods, after embedding themselves in the ground, begin releasing hundreds of small, autonomous kill droids; what amount to scout eyes armed with everything from high powered explosives to rotating monorazor blades. They're spreading in a dense cloud out from the impact points. I suggest doing something about them quickly before they can spread out too far.
Wait, so the other people who you rolled for (like Flint) didn't do anything? And didn't our laser battery do anything?

PW, what kind of drugs where you on this turn?   :o

"All hands, engage the drones. Don't clump in big groups or the explosive ones will take you out, but if you have explosives yourself those might work well. Team D, H5. Team B, B7. Team C, H9. Team G, just do what you do best."

Miyamoto, team C lead

Go to H9. If my heavy laser has diffusion setting (like a laser rifle) set it to max diffusion, low power, and blast those things down.

If it doesn't have that, use manip to give one unilateral burst of force out toward the drones to knock them down (or destroy them if they're weak enough). If any try to get close, use monorazor naginata to take them down.

Sniper teams 1 and 2 shoot down killbots where they can, they'll try to help the team that has most trouble dealing with them. If the killbots target them, enable stealth and relocate.

Team C sods wait for Miya, then join him and shoot down killbots, use EMP grenade if possible.

Team C, Support, Skylar

(( I meant the original admin buildings near the Sword, but alright, this works. ))

Turn on EMM and engage H9 from the south!

Attempt to take control of some of the drones wirelessly and turn them on the other drones. Be ready to dodge away if things go south.

And this is about as far as I got in reading through the posts before I realized that I must have been HELLA distracted last time because the post is full of problems and things I just plain forgot or ignored. So...I'm gonna retcon it. Because this sort of thing really is no one's fault except my own. Alright, lets see how reality Fluctuates.

1.Lars is alive again, but injured. MKIII Bonus I forgot saved him.

2.The combined efforts of Miya (I used exo when I should have used uncon. I dunno why, probably just saw his action and immediately checked exo because thats what such things use for 90% of the other players) and flint (Whose actions I completely ignored for some reason) and the laser batteries, as well as several other people, including bishop, who I did actually have do things, actually kill all the pods before they have a chance to land. So thats one problem nipped in the bud.

3. Would you guys mind if we skipped ahead to the part where I pack you guys into enormous gauss shells and fire you up toward their ships to board them? Because I feel that this current state of events might be getting rather boring for you. And nothing says excitement like being fired out of a cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #470 on: March 17, 2014, 12:01:01 pm »

Nothing says excitement like being fired out of a cannon.
Yay! Let's go!
Can I bring my battlesuit or will I be charging with my monorazor? Because I don't think I can lift the Rainbow Cannon or the Mining laser without Gilgamesh.
I don't mind either way.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 07:39:18 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 17, 2014, 12:02:16 pm »

3. Would you guys mind if we skipped ahead to the part where I pack you guys into enormous gauss shells and fire you up toward their ships to board them? Because I feel that this current state of events might be getting rather boring for you. And nothing says excitement like being fired out of a cannon.

((Yes, please! On with the show!))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 17, 2014, 12:03:15 pm »

I live... again.  Praise Algis!

I'm good with that.  Hopefully Lars can get patched up and sent back out so he can deliver righteous wrath.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 17, 2014, 12:38:03 pm »

If it's for the good of the game, sure, let's get this show on the road again!

Just wondering, but how do you want to go about this? Should we divide team H into subteams for every ship? Just wing it and see who ends up where? Should some players stay behind in case some UWM forces try something again (like a desperate last attempt to take us out)?
Oh, and how big are those pods? Would Miya even fit in one? And if yes, is there any point in sending him up there, or would he be confined to the hangar (I could imagine a spaceship being rather cramped)?

Miyamoto, team C leader

Go to the crash sites of the drone-filled pods, see if there's anything to be salvaged. If not, check if the various dead sods and battlesuits have anything on them worth holding on to. If also not, be in limbo until the powers that be decide what to do. Grab a piece of debris to actually limbo.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:53:57 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 17, 2014, 12:45:48 pm »

Felix Grant, Team D Leader

((Aww! But my character development! ;)
With Lars' death retconned out,
Felix would be heading for the infirmary now, so it might not even affect me. I'd rather we did skip to the boarding phase, though.))

If there's nothing for Team D to do before the boarding, Felix will hobble back to the Sword's infirmary, to get his lost blood and arm replaced, and his leg looked at. Even if that means missing out on the boarding phase.

((If Felix taking command is still canon, I'm assuming Lars was knocked unconscious or something. If Lars was still conscious at all, Felix wouldn't have done much more than moan about his arm.))
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:31:48 pm by swordsmith04 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 17, 2014, 12:49:03 pm »

((Aww! But my character development! ;)
With Lars' death retconned out, Felix would be heading for the infirmary now, so it might not even affect me. I'd rather we did skip to the boarding phase, though.))

((Your command-taking can still be canon- someone had to take over.  Lars actually had Maurice listed for the task, but Nikitan got a sudden case of poor Internet access, so it works out.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 17, 2014, 01:05:22 pm »

Yay boarding!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 17, 2014, 01:13:01 pm »

Can the dead be revived in time for boarding?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 17, 2014, 01:25:02 pm »

Can the dead be revived in time for boarding?
I would also like to know this.  Also, will we get level ups from just the ground fighting, or only boarding?  If the former, will boarding give anything extra?

Harry, could I get that emergency kit back?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 17, 2014, 01:30:07 pm »

Harry, could I get that emergency kit back?

Make the MFM unbought and the emergency kit returned, by the power of Steve!

Also, join boarding.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:07:38 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 109