Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 207919 times)

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #660 on: March 22, 2014, 08:00:26 am »

Make sure my combi-weapon is fully loaded (draw from the pile/recharge as needed) and that I have my gear, and strap in. Lock n' Load, it's time to go.

"Lock and load. We're launching, team Audax."

By your will Squad commander,
Born for battle, forged in war,
We win or we die, the mission will succeed

Ensure all ammo is replenished, that I have everything (Laser rifle, 1 battery, towel, mark 1 suit), strap in and double check straps, ensure seat tray is returned to the upright position and brace for acceleration

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 22, 2014, 11:11:00 am »

Team E

Check what equipment I have and how my ammo is holding out. Go get a few spare clips for the whole team's weapons, including mine, and hand them out, as well as evenly divide the grenades amongst the team too, making sure to remember how many I have and what type. Then strap in and prepare and charge an Aux bonus for when we are going in.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 22, 2014, 11:49:10 am »

Boarding team "Kappa" (H), mission control - Anton Chernozorov

Have the sods load up into the first pod to be launched at the UWM ships. See if I can get a better look, through sensor feeds or telescopes or what do we have here, at the UWM fleet. What are we really up against here?

((And yes, the sods go first. If the first pod gets to either be the only one to make it or the first to get shot down, then if the first pod is manned, both scenarios end in "somebody dies". If it's sodded, then we have the possibility of, for once, sustaining no casualties on the approach to target. :) ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 22, 2014, 11:52:23 am »

Shooting Lars a quizzical look, Dominika flicks off a "...Rrright."
Then, she turns to the apparently much less strange Jack Hansan. "Same here."

((Forgot to make a bolded action but: Get on Team F's pod.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #664 on: March 22, 2014, 01:42:15 pm »

Yeah, he was trying to do it again since he saw the first one was a bit ... small. If you want to veto it, go ahead.
[Will:2+2]
You get it...mostly right.

Grab gear and head for the appropriate pod.

Wonder why Idiots in Space isn't linked in the OP
, that seems like a useful little thing.

It's linked in the main threads, isn't it?

Dubley looks a Xan
How exactly is that dragon supposed to fit in the boarding pod?
Strap in, and disable the biosensors for Xan.
Biosensors off.

Lars, as he walked toward the boarding area, heard Dubley.  "Glorious Steve can perform many miracles."

Inscribe the White Circle of Algis on the front of all the pods (both stasis-type and the actual pods themselves.  Get self/team strapped in.
You inscribe the holy symbols on the pods and the shells (when you actually get there)

Missed me:
Team D Fleshtech, Steve Saint

Dynamic AUX bonus:+/- 1

Quote from: piecewise
How exactly will this program work? Like what will it do, mechanically? Both in terms of gameplay mechanics and in world mechanics.

Response:
Spoiler: in here (click to show/hide)

Action:Go get a tablet from the AM.  Then use AUX bonus to finish the melee combat program thing.  Then go get into Team D's boarding pod.

((Woo!  I got picked for the team that has Milno and Renen.  Either of them could probably solo a ship!))
Also, make sure I'm wearing an MKI.  Despite the fact it's useless to me.  I'm hoping they shoot for depressurization/headshots.

Yeah, unless you specifically say you don't want to, I assume you're always wearing a suit.

8-10 token.
Gonna assume that'll drop to 8 once all those nades are used up.
So, that's 8+10 tokens. 18 for handin' out to people. Auron probably gets a few more for his generous contribution, but aside that, I think just giving one or two tokens to the very new people (with 0 or 1 missions, not counting this one or the boarding) will be the best we can manage.

Talkies to Steve.
>Auron took rocket pods and melee equipment off a dead sod invader.
"Hmm. Good to know.

Say, Steve, tell me: what do you think they'll be facing up there? I mean, they probably lost a good chunk of their forces already throwing it in the grinder like they did, but still, four man squads feels awfully small. And I hate I won't be there to help, I can only watch and wait.

Doesn't that bug you sometimes? Not getting to just go out there and do it yourself, but having to trust a bunch of former criminals with the fate of the rebellion?"

It would seem you forgot to run my action, good sir! If it would please you to perhaps run it this time, verily, I would be most grateful. 

>Multiple shells will be fired at each ship, so it won't be 4 men per ship. As per defenses, assume sods and normal crew. And not really, You get used to it.

Make sure my combi-weapon is fully loaded (draw from the pile/recharge as needed) and that I have my gear, and strap in. Lock n' Load, it's time to go.

You're locked and loaded and etc. Everything is good.

TEAM G
boarding pod time so I don't get nyarsed

BOARDING BOARDING BOARDING

By your will Squad commander,
Born for battle, forged in war,
We win or we die, the mission will succeed

Ensure all ammo is replenished, that I have everything (Laser rifle, 1 battery, towel, mark 1 suit), strap in and double check straps, ensure seat tray is returned to the upright position and brace for acceleration
Yep, ammo got, and you'll get strapped in well.

Boarding team "Kappa" (H), mission control - Anton Chernozorov

Have the sods load up into the first pod to be launched at the UWM ships. See if I can get a better look, through sensor feeds or telescopes or what do we have here, at the UWM fleet. What are we really up against here?

((And yes, the sods go first. If the first pod gets to either be the only one to make it or the first to get shot down, then if the first pod is manned, both scenarios end in "somebody dies". If it's sodded, then we have the possibility of, for once, sustaining no casualties on the approach to target. :) ))

You're looking at 11 ships varying in size. We're shooting them at the biggest ones, which are battleships of a smaller size then the sword, but not by a whole lot. The majority of ships in that armada are basically just flying cannons designed to fight off invading space forces. Not very good against smaller targets.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 22, 2014, 02:17:17 pm »

Team D - "Dirtbag" - Milno - Last Actions

In case the suit doesn't have them, obtain jacking cables for the MkIII in order to connect it to any ports inside the ships we invade, to infect them with the Steve Virus. Or in case they are necessary anyway.

In case mirrors were obtained, count how many I got and tie one at the end of Emp's metal club.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:20:36 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 22, 2014, 02:40:32 pm »

Missed me:
Team D Fleshtech, Steve Saint

Dynamic AUX bonus:+/- 1

Quote from: piecewise
How exactly will this program work? Like what will it do, mechanically? Both in terms of gameplay mechanics and in world mechanics.

Response:
Spoiler: in here (click to show/hide)

Action:Go get a tablet from the AM.  Then use AUX bonus to finish the melee combat program thing.  Then go get into Team D's boarding pod.
Do the action I posted two turns ago.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 22, 2014, 02:46:13 pm »

Team D Jack Catar
"Thanks for having me."
Be in the boarding pod.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 22, 2014, 03:47:55 pm »

Thomas unstraps himself and sprays his weaponry, except the gauss rifle, with the light bending paint. He then puts his helmet back on and straps himself back in.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 22, 2014, 04:18:13 pm »

Close enough, I guess. I'll have to upgrade it later.

Brace for liftoff, I guess.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 22, 2014, 04:19:22 pm »

LET'S GO.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 22, 2014, 04:24:59 pm »

Team B

Make sure it's only Xan's biosensors I turned off, not the entire squads.
Liftoff!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 22, 2014, 04:30:36 pm »

Twiddle thumbs in boarding pod.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 22, 2014, 06:08:26 pm »

READY FOR THE PARTY OF TEAMKILLING
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 22, 2014, 06:09:28 pm »

Team F

GET READY TO DIE.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 109