Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 207666 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1125 on: April 15, 2014, 01:10:29 pm »

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

"Hmm. Well, a sudden rise in energy signature is something to look out for then, but can we differentiate between a charging laser and a charging mass driver? Or whatever you call a gauss cannon large enough to shoot planets with. Basically, I'm considering ordering our little fleet to a higher altitude, maybe even a low orbit. If they're charging a laser, about the only ways we could prevent it are the surface-to-orbit cannon and the Black Death, and the latter needs some time to get into position. But then, if they're charging a weapon we can otherwise intercept, it'd be stupid to lose that ship on a suicide run against a battleship for basically no benefit.

Also, a sudden drop in energy signature would be a weapon discharging, then, right? Because that happened a while ago on one of the ships, but I... don't think we've had any impacts around here. Their gunners can't be such bad shots as to miss a planet, can they?
"

Converse with Steve. Keep monitoring the situation. Watch for any changes in ship energy signatures, as well as any odd movements.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 15, 2014, 03:41:17 pm »

Angel: Team C

Dive into cover and drop prone, leaning around the side, be ready to shoot at the first hostile target that manifests itself

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 15, 2014, 04:23:18 pm »

Team Godfrey - May

Jump on Renen and ride him piggyback style through the ship. Aim the Revolver over his shoulder for any fucklers.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1128 on: April 15, 2014, 04:49:34 pm »

TEAM AD
Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

If Shit =>> Fan, EMM mode, pop out, and toss a grenade at the furthest Sods from the team

If all still quiet, continue deadly wallflower routine

Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier

Very slowly obey the sod and get out of the vehicle and approach him. Continue trying to speech roll them (or the maintenance/all channel if I have a better chance with them, maybe tell them an excuse, that I lost my keycard and that there are people after me or that these sods are delaying me or something). Hope that my teammates have charged a bonus in the meantime.

Try to get as close as possible to the closest sod so that if things go south, I can push his rifle out of the way and attack/disarm/kill him while using him as a human shield from other sods.

((@piecewise: Thanks. That relieves me of the thought we could've screwed up from forgetting something.))

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

"Just tell me when talking time's over and it's time to jump out." Milno says over private comms.

Continue with plan. Activate EMM and pop up in case either shit happens or the plan works smoothly. Defend squishier people with the shield as needed. Orders still stand: kill sods as fast as possible, disable/knock out/temporarily kill humans as appropriate.

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Team Alpha-

Radio to teammates only: Guys? I think we're burnt. Time to go loud?

If the rest of the team doesn't want to attack, try and charge an exo bonus while waiting.

If the rest of the team agrees with attacking, target sod farthest away, heat one foot sphere by 150 degrees Celsius centered on their head. Then move to the second farthest away, cook his head. Do the the same with the third and finally the closest. Maybe this will be sneaky enough the sods won't notice as they fall, one by one.

[speech:4]
"Listen man, it's just an old photo, alright? I know I was supposed to get it changed but it's been a while. Sorry."

The sod keeps his rifle pointed at Flint but seems to be considering something.

"What is name and ID number?" It asks, holding the card back up to its face.

TEAM B

Team B: Wild Weasels

Examine room for any cameras, alternate exits, or anything else interesting.

Team B - COMA TIME

Should we kill them?

Cool one of the men's chest cavity to 84 degrees (Fahrenheit). Once he falls unconcious, repeat it for the others.

Dubley-Team B

Fine then. No killing. Maybe another time.

Stand guard with my Number gun ready. If any of the enemies attacks, reaches for a weapon, yells, triggers an alarm, or runs away, then shoot to kill. 9001. Observe the results.

[xan Exo:6+1]
Great.

So do I even need to say anything here? That exo 7 roll of xan's should probably sum it up. Maybe a soundclip of Dark Phoenix from X-man screaming about how she can't control her power?  I dunno. Point here is you're all trapped in a small room with someone who just did an amp overshoot. SO LETS ROLL SOME FUCKING DICE.

Morul: 4
xan:6+1
Nav:6
pyro:4

Of course Xan gets away with only the top inch or so of his flesh freezing solid. He doesn't care. Morul and Pyro aren't injured but they're completely freaking immobile because Xan froze the dang moisture in the air around them. Nav...well his body is fine. His head is basically dead though. Froze several inches of it, including part of his brain. So he's out.

Crew are dead. Very dead. Thanks Xan.

TEAM C
Denzel Gaunt, Team C, Audax

"Team, get into cover and stand by. Hopefully, we can avoid them, but if we can't, be ready to fight."

Get into cover, as well as telling the rest of my team to get into cover. if there's a chance that the enemies won't see us, hold fire unless they do. If they're undoubtably see us, see if any of my teammates have grenades or the like, and if they do,  have them throw them before the enemies round the corner. When enemies do come into view/see us, open fire with my combi-weapon, using the laser half first. Should enemies close to melee range, use my monoatomic sword and my dynamic bonus. Should the enemies prove heavily armored, use manipulator to kill them, again with my dynamic bonus.
The same action applies, but should it come to fighting, order any nonresponsive teammates to open fire in a direction that avoids friendly fire.

Auron, team C.

Stumble into one of the alcoves and cover myself with my riot shiot.

Fire my hopefully dynamic laser at the enemy if im not too braindead.

((Am i gonna recover from that brain damage anytime soon, or am i gonna be dead weight till we get back to the sword?))
((You'll be ok in a bit.))
Lets see
[Doom: 2]
[Corsair:5]
[phoenix 1+1]
The team pops out as a team of sods round the corner, opening fire before the sods can realize whats going on.  Denzel misses every shot and Angel only manages to clip one of them. Jhoseph manages to kill two and badly wound another, but his work costs him. When everyone else ducks back into their alcove to take cover from return fire, Jhoseph is too slow. He takes a gauss slug straight to the chest and not even his lesser model exoskeleton can stop it. The round punches straight through and out his back in a burst of red. He slumps over and hits the ground, unconscious and very soon to be dead.

TEAM E

Team E - Lerman

Poke a laser cutter through the metal, then retreat back and listen for any signs of activity.

Team E

Prepare for breaching and radio Steve for the purpose of the horseshoe hall. Check behind us and get in cover as best as possible for when my teammate cuts open the door. Once he does so, throw in a flashbang and then crouch and scope out the room from cover once it's gone off.

>It's likely that it's just structural, wrapping around the control room armor shell in order to conserve internal space.

By poke a cutter through I'm gonna assume you mean put one of the cutters on the door and then activate it.

So hole is cut and flash bang is thrown and it's only after all this that you realize you've just flashbanged a 10 foot long hallway leading to another heavy blast door. Must be that whole "Armor shell" thing.

TEAM F

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

Yes, go ahead and let the doors open.  Be sure Dominika is in best possible cover and ready to fire.

The turn delay means we all charged con/whatever bonuses, right?  Wink wink nudge nudge

Team F

Stay out of any hostile lines of fire if possible.

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Prepare to shoot anything on the other side before it can shoot me.

The turn delay means we all charged con/whatever bonuses, right?  Wink wink nudge nudge
Support this line of reasoning.

Alright so Toaster releases the button and the doors open. Outside is a hall. A straight hall, nothing fancy. Sitting in the center, about 20 feet from the elevator is what looks like a metal polygon; a metal shell constructed from flat sheets, like the body of a F-117 Nighthawk. It's 5 feet tall and nearly as wide as the hall. And it's not moving. Admittedly, neither are the members of team F. Everyone is, for the moment, simply staring and waiting. 30 Seconds pass and nothing happens.

TEAM G

TEAM G

LEAD US TO DEATH VICTORY
Team G

Follow the one who decides to lead, always ready for anything. Grab the zombie teammates, put before me and push them, following the leader. If we suspect any kind of trap, take something of the zombie-teammate and toss it ahead. In case no one moves, begin moving while dragging the zombie teammates behind.

You guys are kinda slow. Probably shouldn't have put so many semi-absent people on one team...

You want I should just advance you up a bit till the actual murder part of this so you can get the fighting done? I feel you might be here a while if not.

TEAM H

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Hasala leaned back in his chair, relaxing for a second. Then he sat back up and issued the soldiers' next orders.

Continue towards the bridge. Keep an ear on the radio for anything important, and/or anything to do with McCullens. Or Hershel, because I'm curious now.

The sods continue along their prescribed path. They make it up to the intersection nearest the barracks door yet there's a slight problem. The door is open and there are noises inside. Hmm.

What you can glean from the radio is that Hershel is a tech that isn't responding to calls. More then likely killed when the shell hit this ship.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 15, 2014, 05:00:51 pm »

((I told you we shouldn't have cut out of the elevator!))

"Should I investigate the...thingy?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 15, 2014, 05:04:41 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

If suits are insulated enough sound wise that I can do this without the sound escaping, ask Steve to look at the recording's from my suit and tell Flint (or me so I can tell Flint) what the name & ID number on that card was
If Steve can't find it on tape, try and remember it myself and feed it to Flint if he can't remember it :P

If my suit isn't that insulated for sound, continue plan 'wait for feces to introduce itself into the ventilation system.'

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1131 on: April 15, 2014, 05:06:06 pm »

Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier

((Hey, that's actually a very good excuse. Good thinking and good thing I got a 4.
Also, loving the suspense.))

Tell the Sod the name I read on the ID (I assume I at least remember that). Also tell the ID number if I remember it.

If I don't remember it and Skylar doesn't tell me on his own, then try the following (while saying wait a sec it's on the tip of my tongue or something similar):
If I can tongue or press a switch on my suit without being seen (disguise it as a nervous involuntary motion, perhaps) to magnify the camera of the suit to read the number of the reflection in the sod's helmet, then do that.
Remember when I gave Steve and Skylar this suit's ID and stuff so that he can connect to it? If that allowed him to access this suit's camera and I can tongue the switch without being seen from the sods, contact him and ask him.
Else, if I can tongue a switch without being seen, ask Skylar for help or for him to review my (or better yet his, since he has a MK3 connected to Steve and I was wearing my MK2 when I found their IDs) camera footage or for him to connect to my suit and magnify until he can read the number off the sod's helmet's reflection. Or maybe ask him to hack into the sod's camera or something.
Else, just try another speech roll.

If I'm successful, add a comment along the lines of "Are we done here? We're kinda in a hurry." in the hopes that they'll let us go through. more quickly.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:58:57 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 15, 2014, 05:12:41 pm »

Well then. Now what?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 15, 2014, 05:27:39 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

Just sit there and stay quiet, charging an exo bonus

If the sod isn't paying attention to Thaddeus, quickly look and study the ID card that he received

If shit happens, target sod farthest away with amp, heat one foot sphere by 150 degrees Celsius centered on their head, then second farthest, then third and finally the closest, hoping the rest of the teammates take out the closest ones before Thaddeus has to
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 15, 2014, 05:42:06 pm »

Else, if I can tongue a switch without being seen, ask Skylar for help or for him to review my camera footage or for him to connect to my suit and magnify until he can read the number off the sod's helmet's reflection. Or maybe ask him to hack into the sod's camera or something.

(( I'm operating on the assumption that sometime shortly after we found them, I looked at both ID's, so Steve should have a recording. If he doesn't, we'll see how this goes.

Hacking into the Sod's gear sounds !!Fun!! Also, if they have open wireless connections, I will personally hunt down and murder whoever is responsible for modern UWM system design.
May I add that right now I am about as terrified of what will happen if we succeed as if we fail? Because I'm betting the sod sweeps the elevator either way, in which case I am doomed XD))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 15, 2014, 05:47:32 pm »

"Hold on, let me thaw out so I can fire you out a goddamn airlock. And don't even THINK of thawing us with your amp, or I swear to god I'm taking you with me."

Fondly imagine throwing Xan out an airlock, and focus on smashing a section of the ice with my amp. Don't actually attempt it, just charge a bonus.

((Greaaaat. The UWM will just love some ARMcicles. Did all the hard work for them.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 15, 2014, 06:26:05 pm »

((Team B, do you guys think it would be possible to thaw my brain with amps, and then restart it with electricity? Because I want that to happen.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 15, 2014, 06:28:58 pm »

((You might as well try to turn a hamburger back into a cow.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 15, 2014, 07:24:28 pm »

Auron, team C.

Rest behind my shield, try to recover enough to begin shooting.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 15, 2014, 07:26:04 pm »

Angel: team C

Man Down!, Man Down!

If I can get to Jhospeh without exposing myself do so and attempt to provide field first aid, otherwise keep firing to bring down the remaining sods
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 109