Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 207240 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1170 on: April 16, 2014, 05:44:38 pm »

I'll get out of the room.

Action edited.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 16, 2014, 06:57:25 pm »

I'd rather you go out, or be taken out, as it is, Morul. Sensitive and useful equipment in here and all that.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 16, 2014, 06:59:09 pm »

You do have a point, Simus. I'll take him out, then.

Action edited again.
Sig! Onol

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 16, 2014, 07:00:28 pm »

"Not sure how useful frozen equipment is gonna be, but you're the boss. Shove me out the door then Xan."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 16, 2014, 07:01:18 pm »

Doing so. I'll leave you out there in case you overload as well.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: April 16, 2014, 08:34:04 pm »

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

"AAA...aaa...ah?"

Be confused. Attempt to escape molten metal before it cools."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 16, 2014, 08:55:14 pm »

Team E - Lerman

Tell everyone to get back. Throw something useless on the tiles, then bolt for cover.

If this is what I think it is...
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: April 16, 2014, 11:17:05 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

If the grenade is landing where it puts me in jeopardy, perform one of the following actions:

1. If hiding behind our comrade's shield will shield me/us from the blast, do that.

2. If I could reasonably safely rush to an alcove closer to the sods but still out of the way of the grenade, do so and take cover.

If I,m not endangered by the grenade, simply wait in cover and respond appropriately to any assaults. Keep in mind my uncon bonus.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 17, 2014, 01:11:34 am »

Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

Help Thaddeus in the same manner if necessary.

Continue with hiding silently in the corner of the elevator. Continue to be ready to act if the shit hits the fan. Start glancing around the elevator for maintenance exits

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 17, 2014, 03:15:31 am »

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

Same shit. Continue with plan. Activate EMM and pop up in case either shit happens or the plan works smoothly. Defend squishier people with the shield as needed. Orders still stand: kill sods as fast as possible, disable/knock out/temporarily kill humans as appropriate.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 17, 2014, 07:28:48 am »

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

"Laser rifles, then?"

Attempt to free self.  If anyone has a laser rifle, they should use it to cut people free.  Else slap Dominika again until she GENTLY melts some metal away to free us.

Should we all get free, we should have a cutting laser from the pod left- use it to cut into the hallway again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: April 17, 2014, 01:13:21 pm »

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

"Alright then, I'll be keeping an eye out. What range would you consider reasonably safe for our ships to be from the fleet? From their secondary weapons at least?"

Talk to Steve. Maintain vigil. Watch for changes in energy and heat signatures of the fleet. Check the status of our own ships as well - they've been on alert for a while. Land them to refuel if needed, then have them rise above the base roughly to the edge of the atmosphere, or lower if that will bring them closer to the fleet than Steve's suggested safe range.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1182 on: April 17, 2014, 04:30:24 pm »

TEAM AD
Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier

"Tools. Spare parts. Stuff we may need to do repairs."
(I'm assuming I can open the box without the sod seeing what's inside it. If I can't, don't do the following action.)
Open the box and retrieve a tool from the toolbox inside it. Show it to the Sod.

"See? We need our tools if we gonna fix stuff. Right <name I read on other ID>?"
After the sod has taken a good look at it, put it back in and close the box.

If it is possible, prepare another speech dynamic bonus in case I need to come up with an excuse for Thad.
Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

Hopefully Thaddeus had the presence of mind to quickly hide the ID card before the sod looked to him. Having studied the ID previously, Thaddeus just recites off the ID number and name on it. He looks embarrassed and says: I, uh, managed to lose my ID card. I'm actually coming here to pick up my new one. Sorry.

If shit happens, target sod farthest away with amp, heat one foot sphere by 150 degrees Celsius centered on their head, then second farthest, then third and finally the closest, hoping the rest of the teammates take out the closest ones before Thaddeus has to
Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

Same shit. Continue with plan. Activate EMM and pop up in case either shit happens or the plan works smoothly. Defend squishier people with the shield as needed. Orders still stand: kill sods as fast as possible, disable/knock out/temporarily kill humans as appropriate.
Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

Help Thaddeus in the same manner if necessary.

Continue with hiding silently in the corner of the elevator. Continue to be ready to act if the shit hits the fan. Start glancing around the elevator for maintenance exits

The sod listens and then stands there for a moment, doing nothing and staring straight ahead. Then he blinks and looks at Thad.

"You and he sent down on work order. What work order?"

TEAM B

Team B - nomnomnom

Well, I shall leave you to it. Won't risk another overload.

Charge exo bonus while dragging Morul out of the room. Then go back into the room.
Team B: Wild Weasels

"Whoo boy. I'd cross my fingers but that ain't happening yet. Xan, could you drag these two away from me just in case this goes horribly?"

Wait for Xan to drag Simus and Dubley(?) to a hopefully safe distance, then rapidly compress air around me, and hope it gets hot enough to melt the ice, or at least weaken it.

((Edited action cause this could get violent, and I don't want to knock the dude over.))

Xan drags Morul out of the room and sticks him in the hall.
[4+1]
Morul focuses on compressing the air suddenly, heating and jamming the air in towards himself. It seems to work; at least for the most part. He still feels stiff and his joints lock up unexpectedly some times, but he's fine for the moment.

TEAM C
Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

If the grenade is landing where it puts me in jeopardy, perform one of the following actions:

1. If hiding behind our comrade's shield will shield me/us from the blast, do that.

2. If I could reasonably safely rush to an alcove closer to the sods but still out of the way of the grenade, do so and take cover.

If I,m not endangered by the grenade, simply wait in cover and respond appropriately to any assaults. Keep in mind my uncon bonus.

Auron team C.

Rotate/reposition myself in the alcove so that my teammate(s) can hide behind me as i cower behind my shield.

Angel Team C

Feth! GRENADE! get to cover!

Depending on where the grenade lands either  hunker down putting as much cover as possible between me and it without exposing myself to the squads, curling into a ball to protect my head using my torso, if the grenade lands too close then kick it away, preferably back towards the sods *then* hunker down

Everyone huddles behind Auron's shield as the grenade goes off. Luckily, even with his brain half melted, auron is still in a powered exoskeleton and his shield is more then enough to stop the force of a frag grenade. The smoke grenade that comes in a moment later, however, is less effected and the team quickly finds themselves enveloped in blinding white smoke.

TEAM E

Team E

Bishop frowns at the corridor of plates and connects to Steve.

"Steve, take a look at what I'm seeing for a moment. What exactly are we looking at here? It's clearly some kind of defence, but I'm not sure what or what we could do about it with our current gear... Some help with this would be nice."

Contact Steve and show him the corridor with my cameras. Ask him what he thinks it might be and what we could do about it. Don't go in to the obviously trapped hall.
Team E - Lerman

Tell everyone to get back. Throw something useless on the tiles, then bolt for cover.

If this is what I think it is...

>Pressure sensors and mono-filament screen by the look of it. Anything smaller then 70-90 pounds isn't gonna trigger it, and it will reset after being triggered anyways.

Bishop prevents lerman from hurling their less responsive or less living teammates into the room.

TEAM F
Team F

"That was close."Jack says as Grate and..Dominika scream from being half covered in molten metal.

Stand up and see if laser rifle has any charge left.
Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

"AAA...aaa...ah?"

Be confused. Attempt to escape molten metal before it cools."
Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

"Laser rifles, then?"

Attempt to free self.  If anyone has a laser rifle, they should use it to cut people free.  Else slap Dominika again until she GENTLY melts some metal away to free us.

Should we all get free, we should have a cutting laser from the pod left- use it to cut into the hallway again.

Letsee...

Lars rips and tears his way out like a crazy person, shoving people out of his way and shouting about Manifest Destiny of not being trapped in metal. Grate gets his head stepped on my lars and shoved deep into the cooling metal and ends up completely cocooned. Jack gets everything out except one leg, which gets stuck, and Miss Fucked shit up gets everything out except her head and is now wedged in an odd headstand position with her feet kicking in the air.

Lars slaps the cutter on the melted door and cuts back into the hall. He stands around praises the gods while the rest of the team curse them.

TEAM G

NAP TIME

TEAM H

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

"Alright then, I'll be keeping an eye out. What range would you consider reasonably safe for our ships to be from the fleet? From their secondary weapons at least?"

Talk to Steve. Maintain vigil. Watch for changes in energy and heat signatures of the fleet. Check the status of our own ships as well - they've been on alert for a while. Land them to refuel if needed, then have them rise above the base roughly to the edge of the atmosphere, or lower if that will bring them closer to the fleet than Steve's suggested safe range.
>They would be relatively safe in low orbit right now, though what I mean by safe is that they'll probably have time to engage in evasive maneuvers before the shell hits them.

We'll say the ships are doing good for now. Fueling them up right now wouldn't be any different, since I doubt the teams are all gonna take their individual ships in the next turn and then mount the counter attack.
Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Whole team sneaks up to the door, closest one takes a peek inside. If the noise is an electronic speaker or intercom or something, continue towards the bridge.

A quick peek inside reveals a small group of what look like normal men watching a bank of monitors. The feeds on the monitors seem to be from a combination of helmet cams and mounted cameras. The sound you were hearing is coming from a television near the door that is still on, but unwatched.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 17, 2014, 04:41:23 pm »

Team Being helpful

Well, I think it worked.

Drag Simus and Dubley outside.

Want me to try to defrost you two?

If they agree, use dynamic bonus on gently heating them up to the point where they can defrost. They didn't agree.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:17:34 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 17, 2014, 05:03:50 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Or we could see about maybe turning up the heat? This is environmental control after all."

Look around the panels to see if any survived Mr. Freeze over there, and if any of them have temperature controls for the ship. Failing that, look for any space heaters or other things that could melt ice.

((Damn, that actually worked. Huh.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 109