Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 206004 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1185 on: April 17, 2014, 05:25:33 pm »

Auron, team C

Yay for echolocation visual filter, percieve sods through smoke.

Get my surviving team members to place their weapons on my shield and have steve link my video feed to their suits so that they can aim using my view of their guns and the enemy.

Oh and attempt to be less braindead.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 17, 2014, 06:13:26 pm »

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controllers

"Well, this looks important."

Use a flashbang, then storm the room. Drag new hostages away from the bank of monitors, confiscate any weapons.

EDIT: Examine camera feeds. Is there one of the bridge, or near it? Can I see either of the other two teams?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:53:24 pm by swordsmith04 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1187 on: April 17, 2014, 06:33:18 pm »

Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier

Help Thad with whatever he asks. Be sure to also search the suit's computer for the info, maybe some memo or other kind of note about an older work order I could use is there.

Be ready to intervene with a dynamically prepared speech roll in case Thad needs help lying.

Else just nod along and agree with whatever he says, adding a:
"And maybe get a new ID for Mr. Forgetful over there if we have time to spare." to the list of reasons we're down here if it seems appropriate.

If Thad doesn't give an appropriate excuse and I find nothing I could use to fabricate an appropriate excuse in the suit's computer, give an excuse, something along the lines of "They wanted us on standby on this level, awaiting further orders. Something about some sort of communication problem.".
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:16:51 am by Parisbre56 »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 17, 2014, 06:36:04 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

Continue operation 'don't move, be ready to murder sods'

Hope that squad Sod seriously did find the sod controllers XD

(( I doubt that's what they found, but we could get that lucky here ))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 17, 2014, 07:25:21 pm »

Team F

Get Leg out of metal.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 17, 2014, 07:50:49 pm »

Ship Betan Up: Team F'd by my own team leader: Grate: Trapped In Metal

Request aid from Steve, Lars, and basically anyone I can reach. Also attempt to escape the metal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 17, 2014, 08:20:43 pm »

"Beep boop."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 17, 2014, 08:39:51 pm »

((How long have I kept forgetting to post. Goddamnit.))
Fire at the sods with the Laser Rifle, switch the helmets visor to infared. Normal stuff.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:17:41 pm by Spinal_Taper »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 17, 2014, 09:33:19 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt -Ship Alpha

Hope Hasala's sods can do something to help us out, otherwise:

Thaddeus pats himself down and looking into any easily reachable compartments that would have them, not uncovering Milno, hopefully finding the work orders on him and asking Flint to search also. While doing that, he says: Ah, damnit where'd I put those? Hey bub, you got them? I thought you had them. Are they in here? No. Here? No. Damn

If shit happens, target sod farthest away with amp, heat one foot sphere by 150 degrees Celsius centered on their head, then second farthest, then third and finally the closest, hoping the rest of the teammates take out the closest ones before Thaddeus has to

((God help us, there is no way this is ending well))
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:26:32 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 17, 2014, 09:59:10 pm »

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

Milno waits for some action or anyone asking for help via private channel. If anything, the amount of time spent seems to indicate they have a slim shot of getting into the control if old man and newbie manage to do their stuff and keep their shit together.

Same shit. Continue with plan. Activate EMM and pop up in case either shit happens or the plan works smoothly. Defend squishier people with the shield as needed. Orders still stand: kill sods as fast as possible, disable/knock out/temporarily kill humans as appropriate.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 17, 2014, 10:09:11 pm »

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

Lars raises his hands in praise.  "The gods have delivered us!  We are ready to move on, right children of Steve?  Right?  Brothers, this is no time for clowning around!"

Assist in unsticking everyone, starting with the least stuck.  Slap them into helping unstuck the rest.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 17, 2014, 10:38:07 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Switch to either IR or echolocation filters to see through the smoke, and stand (Behind the shield) ready to fire. Should sods attack up close, be sure to respond with my sword if it'll work better/safer. Should the sods throw a grenade behind Auron's shield, throw it back, or if I can't, then get on the other side of the shield, weapons ready.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 18, 2014, 02:13:07 am »

Team E - Lerman

Try and find a way to stop it from activating.

RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 18, 2014, 07:32:09 am »

Team E

"Can you recognise any other sensors in there? Would I be able to just hover right over the damn things, or will that trigger something else anyway?"

Ask Steve for answers and make sure my buddy doesn't activate the sensors accidentally, or at least make sure to pull him back out the door before he get's sliced apart if he does. If he can't manage to deactivate the sensors, try shooting some of the tiles from a safe distance back with some rockets to see if I can disable them that way. Use a heavy object for testing, and not myself or a teammate.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 18, 2014, 08:45:25 am »

Grate grumbles at Lars's interpretation of events.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 109