Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 94579 times)

Phoenix Flame

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1200 on: April 18, 2014, 10:21:19 am »

Auron, team C

Yay for echolocation visual filter, percieve sods through smoke.

Get my surviving team members to place their weapons on my shield and have steve link my video feed to their suits so that they can aim using my view of their guns and the enemy.

Oh and attempt to be less braindead.

Angel: Team C
Utilise Auron's vid feed to keep lighting up the sods, assuming the smoke doesn't attenuate the laser too much to be useful otherwise conserve ammo and keep hunkered down until it dissipates
Logged

PyroDesu

  • Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1201 on: April 18, 2014, 11:00:26 am »

I would rather be defrosted in a way that does not involve an amp or manipulator, thank you. And I think that if he could, Dubley might say the same, especially since it's part of his head, potentially the brain, that's frozen.
Logged
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

  • Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1202 on: April 18, 2014, 01:16:44 pm »

I would rather be defrosted in a way that does not involve an amp or manipulator, thank you. And I think that if he could, Dubley might say the same, especially since it's part of his head, potentially the brain, that's frozen.
All right.

Action edited.
Logged
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

  • Bay Watcher
  • Resident GM
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1203 on: April 18, 2014, 01:36:18 pm »

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

"Eh, good enough. Can you handle the dodging, if they come under fire? I'm not sure I can keep my concentration up at this rate."

Anton thinks for a few seconds.

"And on the topic of dodging, I thought we were going to start shooting at the fleet with our big cannon? If they've moved too far and accuracy is a problem... how large an object can that cannon fire?

Because I'm thinking humongous guided fusion torpedo.
"

Converse with Steve. Determine if a gauss-cannon-launched guided fusion missile is a viable design, both in terms of technical feasibility and our current capacity for producing one within a short timespan, possibly by repurposing something else. Maintain lookout for energy and thermal signatures of the fleet.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1204 on: April 18, 2014, 03:00:16 pm »

TEAM AD
Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier

Help Thad with whatever he asks. Be sure to also search the suit's computer for the info, maybe some memo or other kind of note about an older work order I could use is there.

Be ready to intervene with a dynamically prepared speech roll in case Thad needs help lying.

Else just nod along and agree with whatever he says, adding a:
"And maybe get a new ID for Mr. Forgetful over there if we have time to spare." to the list of reasons we're down here if it seems appropriate.

If Thad doesn't give an appropriate excuse and I find nothing I could use to fabricate an appropriate excuse in the suit's computer, give an excuse, something along the lines of "They wanted us on standby on this level, awaiting further orders. Something about some sort of communication problem.".


Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

Continue operation 'don't move, be ready to murder sods'

Hope that squad Sod seriously did find the sod controllers XD


(( I doubt that's what they found, but we could get that lucky here ))

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt -Ship Alpha

Hope Hasala's sods can do something to help us out, otherwise:

Thaddeus pats himself down and looking into any easily reachable compartments that would have them, not uncovering Milno, hopefully finding the work orders on him and asking Flint to search also. While doing that, he says: Ah, damnit where'd I put those? Hey bub, you got them? I thought you had them. Are they in here? No. Here? No. Damn

If shit happens, target sod farthest away with amp, heat one foot sphere by 150 degrees Celsius centered on their head, then second farthest, then third and finally the closest, hoping the rest of the teammates take out the closest ones before Thaddeus has to

((God help us, there is no way this is ending well))
Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

Milno waits for some action or anyone asking for help via private channel. If anything, the amount of time spent seems to indicate they have a slim shot of getting into the control if old man and newbie manage to do their stuff and keep their shit together.

Same shit. Continue with plan. Activate EMM and pop up in case either shit happens or the plan works smoothly. Defend squishier people with the shield as needed. Orders still stand: kill sods as fast as possible, disable/knock out/temporarily kill humans as appropriate.

Thad and Flint do their best to bullshit, but it becomes rapidly obvious that the sod is looking for something specific, a number or something with precise wording. Its deterministic mindset won't be swayed by excuses this time, it's going to get the exact answer it wants or...

"You have 3 seconds to comply."

Well, things will go poorly.


TEAM B


Team Being helpful

Well, I think it worked.

Drag Simus and Dubley outside.

Want me to try to defrost you two?

If they agree, use dynamic bonus on gently heating them up to the point where they can defrost.

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Or we could see about maybe turning up the heat? This is environmental control after all."

Look around the panels to see if any survived Mr. Freeze over there, and if any of them have temperature controls for the ship. Failing that, look for any space heaters or other things that could melt ice.

((Damn, that actually worked. Huh.))
Xan Drags Simus-who is alive- and dubley- who isn't-out into the hall and asks if they want to be defrosted.

In the mean time, morul inspects the controls that the crew-sicles were working on. He's pretty sure he can effect the temp of the ship from here, assuming he manipulates these controls correctly.


TEAM C

Auron, team C

Yay for echolocation visual filter, percieve sods through smoke.

Get my surviving team members to place their weapons on my shield and have steve link my video feed to their suits so that they can aim using my view of their guns and the enemy.

Oh and attempt to be less braindead.


((How long have I kept forgetting to post. Goddamnit.))
Fire at the sods with the Laser Rifle, switch the helmets visor to infared. Normal stuff.
I assume you're part of this team. I can't tell.
Auron, team C

Yay for echolocation visual filter, percieve sods through smoke.

Get my surviving team members to place their weapons on my shield and have steve link my video feed to their suits so that they can aim using my view of their guns and the enemy.

Oh and attempt to be less braindead.

Angel: Team C
Utilise Auron's vid feed to keep lighting up the sods, assuming the smoke doesn't attenuate the laser too much to be useful otherwise conserve ammo and keep hunkered down until it dissipates

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Switch to either IR or echolocation filters to see through the smoke, and stand (Behind the shield) ready to fire. Should sods attack up close, be sure to respond with my sword if it'll work better/safer. Should the sods throw a grenade behind Auron's shield, throw it back, or if I can't, then get on the other side of the shield, weapons ready.



The team leans out of cover, all ready to unleash withering fire upon the remaining sods, but they find none. It seems like the smoke was a cover for a retreat. Something about that seems extremely fishy though. Auron manages to shake off some of the pain and get himself back into the action though, so thats a thing.


TEAM E


Team E

"Can you recognise any other sensors in there? Would I be able to just hover right over the damn things, or will that trigger something else anyway?"

Ask Steve for answers and make sure my buddy doesn't activate the sensors accidentally, or at least make sure to pull him back out the door before he get's sliced apart if he does. If he can't manage to deactivate the sensors, try shooting some of the tiles from a safe distance back with some rockets to see if I can disable them that way. Use a heavy object for testing, and not myself or a teammate.
Team E - Lerman

Try and find a way to stop it from activating.




>Deactivating it will be difficult, if not impossible. As a last line defense it's not connected to any computer, there's simply a hard wired control system in the bridge; it can only be activated and deactivated from that point. In terms of hovering over it, that is possible. If done right, the rockets will diffuse your weight enough not to trigger it. However, it is a dangerous prospect, since even a small error may result in activation and death. Brute force may be the safest way.



TEAM F


Team F

Get Leg out of metal.
Ship Betan Up: Team F'd by my own team leader: Grate: Trapped In Metal

Request aid from Steve, Lars, and basically anyone I can reach. Also attempt to escape the metal.
Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain


Lars raises his hands in praise.  "The gods have delivered us!  We are ready to move on, right children of Steve?  Right?  Brothers, this is no time for clowning around!"


Assist in unsticking everyone, starting with the least stuck.  Slap them into helping unstuck the rest.



Jack tries and fails to rip his leg free of solid metal through sheer force alone.
Lars shakes Dom until she again tries to help. [2+1] She tries to help by warming the metal to a comfortable body temperature. This proves unhelpful.

>I could electrocute grate to death so that he respawns, hopefully outside the metal. Show of hands, who thinks I should do it?


TEAM G

NAPTIME CONTINUES

TEAM H

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

"Eh, good enough. Can you handle the dodging, if they come under fire? I'm not sure I can keep my concentration up at this rate."

Anton thinks for a few seconds.

"And on the topic of dodging, I thought we were going to start shooting at the fleet with our big cannon? If they've moved too far and accuracy is a problem... how large an object can that cannon fire?

Because I'm thinking humongous guided fusion torpedo.
"

Converse with Steve. Determine if a gauss-cannon-launched guided fusion missile is a viable design, both in terms of technical feasibility and our current capacity for producing one within a short timespan, possibly by repurposing something else. Maintain lookout for energy and thermal signatures of the fleet.

>Yes.

>We'll fire at the fleet once we have to, or once the team occupied ships are safely out of the way. Do not worry about payloads. The shots fired earlier used a small percentage of the cannon's true power. When fired at full power, the payload is frankly irrelevant as long as it can manage not to atomize before reaching its target. Nuclear warhead or mass of graphite, the results are the same.


Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controllers


"Well, this looks important."

Use a flashbang, then storm the room. Drag new hostages away from the bank of monitors, confiscate any weapons.

EDIT: Examine camera feeds. Is there one of the bridge, or near it? Can I see either of the other two teams?

One of the sods pulls a flashbang from his belt and, without even looking, expertly tosses it into the room. There is a three second pause and then a brilliant flash and concussive bang. The sods move in an instant later, easily subduing the blinded men and zip tying their hands behind their back and their ankles together.

One of the sods moves to the monitors and scans his camera across them for you to see. There are a few feeds that look to be on the bridge, and several that appear to be pointed at team AD, from what you can tell.


Tavik Toth

  • Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1205 on: April 18, 2014, 03:02:32 pm »

Team F

"Aye. Also, can someone get my foot out?"

Try to get foot out again.
Logged

Toaster

  • Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1206 on: April 18, 2014, 03:11:50 pm »

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

Lars blinks.  "I do not question the will of the gods."

Abstain.  Help Jack get out.  Doesn't anyone have a laser rifle?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:20:20 am by Toaster »
Logged
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1207 on: April 18, 2014, 03:20:44 pm »

(( Holy shit, did the Sods actually find the controllers? Quick, tell the Sods to control the Sods! XD))

Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

Prepare for coordinated attack with a grenade! Or for the Sods to be ordered to stand down... by other Sods :P
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:01:13 pm by Kriellya »
Logged

Xantalos

  • Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1208 on: April 18, 2014, 03:22:00 pm »

Well then. Now what?
Logged
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

  • Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1209 on: April 18, 2014, 03:48:16 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Wonder what these buttons do? Hrmmm. Perhaps I should avoid all the big red ones."

Examine the buttons in detail, and look for anything that might explain which buttons do what. If I cannot find anything that would explain which ones to press, use my best judgement, and push some buttons.

((You have no idea how tempting it was to just say "PUSH ALLLLL THE BUTTONS!"))
Logged
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

smurfingtonthethird

  • Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1210 on: April 18, 2014, 04:13:10 pm »

Ask how to brute force pressure plates safely.

Um... How do we brute force the plates without setting them off? Does it involve explosives?
Logged
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

  • Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1211 on: April 18, 2014, 04:29:40 pm »

Team B - Rightfully Wary

How do you intend to be unfrozen then, Simus?

Keep watch out for any enemies.
Logged
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

swordsmith04

  • Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1212 on: April 18, 2014, 04:49:08 pm »

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller


Order UWM Sods to stand down. When that doesn't work, make and play recordings of the hostages ordering the UWM Sods to obey the next voice they hear, and then tell the UWM Sods to stand down again. Don't let the men give any orders directly.

If the hostages don't cooperate at first, offer them incentives to do so; try to pique their interest and get them to suggest the rewards, if possible. No overt threats, just yet.

Grunhill

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1213 on: April 18, 2014, 05:08:26 pm »

TEAM G


Enter BT, throw something that isn't a teammate down the corridor. Observe, try to discover if I'd be able to avoid the bullets and destroy the turrets.
Logged
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

renegadelobster

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1214 on: April 18, 2014, 05:56:20 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

If Hasala's sods can get these sods to stand down, or rest of team decides to wait/delay/distract, continue with non-shooty plan and help where needed. Otherwise:

Radio teammates only. Look downwards so the sod can't read my lips: Guys? I don't think we can talk our way out of this one. I say time to go loud. I got the ones farthest away

If shit happens, target sod farthest away with amp, heat one foot sphere by 150 degrees Celsius centered on their head, then second farthest, then third and finally the closest, hoping the rest of the teammates take out the closest ones before Thaddeus has to
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:36:51 am by renegadelobster »
Logged
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 109