Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: The Flame's Last Flickers IC  (Read 7457 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: The Flame's Last Flickers IC
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2014, 12:17:42 pm »

Aras moves to speak, but is stopped by Balthazar matching his question - why would a man who admitted to being defenseless travel alone?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2014, 03:55:57 pm »

He nods and sits down next to the fire. His facial hair is brown, streaked through with white, but you see his grip is firm and strong.
Making conversation as he unhooks the brace of rabbits mentioned earlier and prepares them, he nods. "Quite a mixed group this. Soul mages, divine blooded, even a few elementalists. Been a long time since I last saw someone from the Magi Mechanicos. What would bring one of you out of your little alcove, I wonder?"
He looked at the hulking stoneborn as he replied. "I come from everywhere and nowhere, my friend. I merely travel the road, and meet interesting folk liek yourself along the way. I'm headed up Minerva way, actually - passing along a message from an old friend to an acquaintance in the town. What about yourselves? From the Forest Brothers over there I would guess hunting elves or some forest beast. Would I be correct?"

All of you have consumed one food ration and one unit of water each throughout the day.

----

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2014, 04:15:27 pm »

Thrunn shifts in his seat, "The collective is worried by the dimming of the Lantern. This unit has been sent forth to find the cause of this."

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2014, 04:21:19 pm »

((I can't read.))
Balthazar aids in the preparation of the rabbits: As an ex-hunter, he knows how to cook in the field. During the course of the conversation, he tries to find out more about the traveller: "So tell me about your travels, stranger. Interesting people are interesting to hear about."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:43:57 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2014, 06:18:13 am »

Aras glares at the Mechanicos.

'A true reason should be traded for a true reason, should it not? I do not believe yours.'
His words were blunt and suspicious - the past had not let him treat strangers kindly.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2014, 10:09:06 am »

Thrunn turns to look at Aras, "This unit has no reason to lie. The Lantern is dimming, and this is a cause for concern. The collective still requires sustenance, and without the Lantern, the collective will be unable to grow crops."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2014, 09:14:01 pm »

The rabbits are swiftly gutted and set to roast over the fire.

"The dimming of the lantern... far as I know the Suns' dimmed once before. That was when dragons were born into the world, though the darkening lasted nothing more than a few days. So the old stories go, at least. 'Course, this dimming been for years now. I guess it really must be the end of days. All the gods are disappearing. Daemons hiding in every shadow. It ain't a safe world no more, it ain't."

----

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2014, 09:16:13 pm »

"I wonder if one could control a daemon..."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2014, 04:10:55 am »

Aras winces beneath his helmet at the mention of dragons, before turning to the Kyle.
'I met a man who wondered the same once. We never saw him again.'

Almost as an afterthought, he turns back to the man.
'As you are a.... wanderer - I would like to ask. A male, Elven, earth elementalist; a Lamia spearwoman; and a Pygmy Giant with a fondness for his fists. Have you seen any who might fit this description?'

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2014, 07:59:33 am »

"Does it count if they're part of the set up to a joke?"

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2014, 06:10:16 pm »

"I know only one good joke: A hunter, a Mechanicos and a Lady of Negotiable Affection walk into a bar. [Untranslatable play of words]"
After listening to some of the wanderer's stories, Balthazar goes to sleep - andd keeps his crossbow nearby.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2014, 06:35:28 pm »

"Saw a pygmy giant not to long ago, heading to Suth from Steltrade. Big armour. Red crest on his head. Didn't see any companions with him though, and I never got his name. But giants stand out - even pygmy ones, heh."

For those who listened, that night, Karm tells the story of the Weeping Knight, her attempts to rescue her love, and the tragedy that ensued that made her paint her armour bloody red and head to the fallen City of The Gods to die in battle.

----

In the morning, the cold remmants of the rabbits are shared and eaten. Once more you make you way up the road. It's around midday you come across the obvious site of the caravan attack. Broken wood and the half eaten bodies of horses coat the ground, though the wagons and men are both gone. A clear trail leads into the undergrowth. Men may be gone, but something else has arrived - a dozen gaunt elves pick between the rottign bodies and debris, searching for anything useful. One discovers a broken sword and rears up in triumph - only to spot you as you approach.

The strange eyes of the elf fix on the Forest Brothers, one of which is scowling while the other looks nervous. It howls, a high, piercing yelp, and the other elves look up. They scramble upright and, clutching crude wooden clubs, sharpened stakes, and the broken sword, they come at you with murder in their eyes. 

Yorkin scrambles backward and the traveller you met last night steps in front of him, clearly protecting the non-combatant.

You are engaged in combat!

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

The elves are approaching quickly, but you have time to prepare before they arrive - or charge out to meet them.
"Cowardly things!" Iridune roars. "Face them and they'll break!"

----

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:22:51 pm by GiglameshDespair »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2014, 06:51:02 pm »

Jarund draws his sword and casts Shockblade upon it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2014, 06:54:18 pm »

UB clutches his effigy in one hand and his staff in the other as he begins a casting. As he slinks backwards through the friendly lines, he bumps Aras with the head of his staff, casting brawn boost.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2014, 08:11:04 pm »

Kyle draws a throwing dagger and clutches his effigy out of sight of his companions. He casts BLEED on the leader.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9