Poll

derp

gerr
- 17 (58.6%)
derp
- 12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Running with rifles- Now on Steam!  (Read 30898 times)

StudyHard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Running with rifles- Now on Steam!
« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2014, 07:03:59 pm »

coop is even fun with a handful of players as it doesnt require many people to have a "full" battlefield.
In PVP if the battlefield is not too open you can have nice flankings. I heard they might add a kind of FoW mode at some point. Let's see, it could be interesting.

Eduardo X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2015, 12:29:02 pm »

I got this last night. I feel silly for having waited so long! I've only played the SP Campaign, but there are some just wonderful moments. The push and pull of fighting over a bridge or wall or building or trench. The feeling when you single-handedly gun down 15 enemy soldiers to take an objective, then die walking back to base.

I can't wait to try MP.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2015, 01:33:21 pm »

For what I call "Fun Mode" set both enemy and fellow accuracy to 75% (lowest it can go) and set enemy and fellow capacity to 130%. Also, set RP and XP gain as high as possible.

Some people may call it easy mode, but I call it fun mode, because it is fun.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 01, 2015, 06:29:42 am »

Wow, this thing has been cranking out the updates!  I have not played since maybe November, but I see it is at 0.99.4 now.  Changelog:  http://www.modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2068

Looks like the multiplayer is getting very finely honed, and the profile system looks tight.

My preferred play style is still something like Nighthawk's "Fun Mode" though.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 12, 2016, 07:22:10 am »

Well, little bit of necro action here.

This is currently on a 50% sale:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/270150/

If you have not played in a while (like I have not) you'll probably find that there have been massive changes to inventory and vehicles and whatnot.  The news feed has an impressive change list going back for months, and it feels much improved since the last time I played.  And it was already fun as heck before, so there you go.

Also, they just released Steam Workshop support.  There used to be a great mod community on the old forums, but I think some of the major mods (running with bolters, I'm looking at you) never got updated to support the newest versions.  Hopefully some of these make the jump to steam.

There is already a Mass Effect mod, WWI mod, a WWII mod with a "wave defense" version, Zombies, and Napoleonic.  Someone even has a race car overhaul thing going on.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 12, 2016, 09:29:53 am »

For what I call "Fun Mode" set both enemy and fellow accuracy to 75% (lowest it can go) and set enemy and fellow capacity to 130%. Also, set RP and XP gain as high as possible.

Some people may call it easy mode, but I call it fun mode, because it is fun.
Storm Trooper Mode.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2016, 11:10:57 am »

I know they added this a while ago but I didn't take advantage of it... how do you transfer a BMT micro purchase to Steam? I kinda didn't want to do that because I was afraid it would constantly override the crosshair mods I made.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 12, 2016, 12:37:00 pm »

I think I just emailed the guy with my BMT details. 

support at modulaatio, and include a copy of your BMT order confirmation / codes.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2016, 12:52:33 pm »

So if you've ever been teamkilled by TreeLobster, I apologize.

Also, this game is like crack. And like Planetside 2, I've found out that playing realistically tends to net better results than playing in a more casual way that the style of the game may suggest.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2016, 01:00:33 pm »

I just checked and saw that there's about 500 players now that the sale is on. The page I used to be able to check active servers no longer works unfortunately. What types of servers are most populated these days? PvP or Co-op?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2016, 01:10:02 pm »

Last I played, which was probably a month or so ago, it was almost exclusively Co-op. Needless to say I found it a tad disappointing as there's little challenge and it's mostly just a grind for rare guns.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2016, 01:17:03 pm »

Nevermind, I found the thing I was looking for on their forum

Looks like it's all co-op, which is fine by me. Sorry it's not your thing =o

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2016, 01:22:20 pm »

It's still sometimes my thing, like how there's shows you never pay attention to but occasionally it comes on and you're like "OH YEAH THIS IS MY SHIT" and get really, really into it until you miss an episode and forget all about it again.

Yeah, exactly like that.

StudyHard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2016, 09:28:06 am »

I know they added this a while ago but I didn't take advantage of it... how do you transfer a BMT micro purchase to Steam? I kinda didn't want to do that because I was afraid it would constantly override the crosshair mods I made.

"In June 2012 you received a mail that the game is on Desura with a Desura key. At http://www.desura.com/collection you then find your Steam key."
From what I heard, you can still send a mail at support at modulaatio.com with some infos and they'll send you the key.
Btw Workshop implementation is great, You can find me on the zombie servers :)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2016, 11:08:07 am »

Sorry, I already got a key XD I never used Desura so I couldn't have done that either.

In any case, not toooo much has changed since I last played from what I can tell. It does feel like he made a few of the controls better, tapping crouch while prone toggle is on makes you stand up instead of lie back down for example. It seems like they nerfed vests in invasion since I could've sworn there was more variety and a relatively cheap vest was available. Of course this is only because I seem to remember having many more opportunities to use medkits back then.

I have yet to try any mods, but I do have a mod I made that makes the crosshairs more similar to Men of War. Might go back and see if I can make that better. There only appears to be one crosshair mod on their forum, so maybe I'll end up actually posting it and seeing what people think.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15