Poll

derp

gerr
- 17 (58.6%)
derp
- 12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Running with rifles- Now on Steam!  (Read 30933 times)

StudyHard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Running with rifles- Now on Steam!
« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2016, 12:36:55 pm »

This is lot of fun :)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2016, 03:49:35 am »

Heeeey, so, this is half price on Steam at the moment. Anyone still playing it at least occasionally?
I've been wanting to get it for a long time after playing the demo, it's just always been rather pricey. Kinda tempted to buy it now, but I can probably wait 'til payday- the sale lasts long enough.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2016, 04:57:17 pm »

I come back to it sometimes when new content is released.

I know a couple people here really want to try PvP type stuff but last time I played PvE was the most popular gamemode. Personally I prefer PvE but it's something to keep in mind if PvP is what you're looking for.

StudyHard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2016, 06:07:26 pm »

New map and gamemode, cool!

The map is hard as hell, so is the new mode. Perfect for me :D

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2016, 04:06:28 am »

PVP is generally empty unless there's an event like the teddy hunt a few months ago.

That being said, PVE is still incredibly challenging. Especially the new map, which cost our side over 20,000 lives before we managed to beat it.

It's also on sale until November 23rd. At $8 it's well worth it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2016, 05:39:03 pm »

Man, I haven't played this in ages. I should try out the new stuff.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2016, 11:27:22 pm »

So I was tempted to buy this because of having too much fun with the demo, and then downloading the Mass Effect mod because female soldiers :V
-snip-
You're partly a reason in influencing this. :P

Does anyone know how to optimize the mouse better? :/ I'm suffering from what I personally feel is common with me and these fluid mouse-types, that I usually always miss by just a fraction of a centimeter because my mouse is...jiggly. Or how you say 'unable to stabilize when doing extremely fine movements'.

That said, THIS IS FUN and I am very content with one of my very first buys on steam. Hooray trading cards helping my purchase reach the price! ♥
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 11:43:10 pm by Tiruin »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2016, 04:46:56 pm »

Run with a grenade launcher. It turns those near misses into massive amounts of kills. Assuming it's anything like it used to be at least.

Playing as an artilleryman is quite fun. It feels more strategic, but it's not.
It's a game. Have fun.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2016, 08:10:44 pm »

Players with grenade launchers are actually a huge help in deadlocked areas. When I run with a GL I usually carry extra armor, medkits, and wrenches. The overweight aim reduction isn't as crippling as it is with standard weapons.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2016, 09:40:27 pm »

Just bought it, spent nearly an hour going back and forth over the same intersection. By the time I pushed forward, the street was almost entirely red with blood.

So I was tempted to buy this because of having too much fun with the demo, and then downloading the Mass Effect mod because female soldiers :V
There are female soldiers om vanilla. Apparently rare, though, since I only ever saw one. She got wounded twice before dying. I guess her fellow men really wanted to keep her alive.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2016, 09:45:22 pm »

There are female soldiers om vanilla. Apparently rare, though, since I only ever saw one. She got wounded twice before dying. I guess her fellow men really wanted to keep her alive.
Woah, really? Is it in the brownpants faction? :O Or is it spread all throughout? Thanks for that!
...Partly why I took the Mass Effect mod :P So female soldiers are present \o/ with no difference whatsoever (OK, I actually took it because I want to use the Black Widow sniper rifles until I learned they're Geth in make, but usable at high xp limits. Also check out if they really have cloaking (they do, but it's much like 'visual camo'). Still love it all though ).

Really wonder what file to edit for adding in names...

Just bought it, spent nearly an hour going back and forth over the same intersection. By the time I pushed forward, the street was almost entirely red with blood.
I'm really happy that they take optimization into account. Works like a charm on my old laptop due to being able to turn off mostly every fancy graphics thing (especially the blood) and yet still look very clean and smooth.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:46:40 pm by Tiruin »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2016, 09:50:14 pm »

I'm not 100% sure, but I think each faction has sort of 'hero' units that look unique to all other soldiers. Green have a rambo-type person for example (shirtless) and I think brownpants have a Spetsnatz guy (blue baret). Pretty sure the 'female' you're thinking of is one of those people. You can't actually play as a female AFAIK.

I'm really happy that they take optimization into account. Works like a charm on my old laptop due to being able to turn off mostly every fancy graphics thing (especially the blood) and yet still look very clean and smooth.
You can actually change how many effects are shown through the options menu, or even set the amount of persistent bodies to a ridiculous level for maximum effect (and maximum framerate loss). I personally turn the 'voxel density' up at least 1 then lowering voxel size by a notch or so.

E: If you play on the three main US Invasion (co-op) servers you can find me as Ozyton. I typically don't do anything fancy, as the default loadout is fun enough as it is for me. Got over 5k RP that I'm not even using.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:37:21 pm by OzyTheSage »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2016, 10:48:56 pm »

E: If you play on the three main US Invasion (co-op) servers you can find me as Ozyton. I typically don't do anything fancy, as the default loadout is fun enough as it is for me. Got over 5k RP that I'm not even using.
Do we have a setup or distinct server to all hop onto? Checked the wiki about multiplayer and it's only Invasion servers that save information.

So I'm also wondering if my bad internet can lag all the way into this game too, online. :P I do love the sniping and have gotten to master it lately (takes some time to get used to, but the mouse sensitivity setting is most of the work). Enjoying this 230+ kill streak in the campaign with the SVD. \o/

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2016, 05:58:12 am »

I'm not 100% sure, but I think each faction has sort of 'hero' units that look unique to all other soldiers. Green have a rambo-type person for example (shirtless) and I think brownpants have a Spetsnatz guy (blue baret). Pretty sure the 'female' you're thinking of is one of those people. You can't actually play as a female AFAIK.
Her name was Abigail... something, I can't remember the last name.

EDIT: After two+ hours of play, I've only had 4 friendly fire kills(2 in the tutorial for the lulz), 420 kills, and 110 deaths. Normally when I play mass shooters, my KDR is reversed, and I tend to have a lot more FF incidents.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 06:43:49 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

StudyHard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2016, 07:45:41 am »

Green and Gray have female elite officiers indeed. Their moaning when they die... :D
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15