Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fantastic Dwarf Fortress (1.0.1) - Kept around for historical purposes!  (Read 46187 times)

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I look forward to seeing where you go with this. I do hope it emphasizes bug fixing and macromanagement more than features. On the other hand, the Dark Wizard tower looks like a fantastic addition to the game, and makes sense in the context of the world. Having seven wizards show up on embark, only to have the life sucked out of them by the leader is a nice touch.

I've added optional support for the wizards to my graphics and linked here accordingly.

EDIT: Is there any chance of having an optional module with more stone colours? I find the underground in Essential DF depressingly mundane in ASCII, and I enjoy building things out of the less common stone colours. I suppose I can just restore the relevant inorganic raws, but I don't actually mind decreased variety of stone, just the decreased variety of colour. A nice middle ground perhaps, between "only grey" and "too much variety of stone"?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 04:10:34 pm by Taffer »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

The "don't add micro" goal is a bit... difficult to work with, as it turns out. Lots could be added but won't be due to that. I figure I could always include "not recommended" optional modules.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Updated to dfhack-0.34.11-r5.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Added a text-will-be-text graphics version.

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

My dark wizard can't forge stuff. The forge menu has materials, but after that goes from the materials to a blank screen.
I tried with dwarves and it worked fine.

Edit: Can't embark with a pick either. Or any weapons. Is this intentional?

More edit: Tanning hides either. Also, some migrants came and only the first one was absorbed.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 09:53:17 am by Authority2 »
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

My dark wizard can't forge stuff. The forge menu has materials, but after that goes from the materials to a blank screen.
I tried with dwarves and it worked fine.

Edit: Can't embark with a pick either. Or any weapons. Is this intentional?

More edit: Tanning hides either. Also, some migrants came and only the first one was absorbed.

That's all intentional, except only the first one being absorbed, which is probably yet another problem with my ever-problematic ON_UNIT_SPAWN event. You can conjure stuff without needing to forge anything at the conjuration station or whatever silly thing I called it, it should be the last in the workshops list.

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

I see.  Thanks!

update edit: Immediately after loading up the game, the migrants got absorbed like they were supposed to.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 06:48:06 am by Authority2 »
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Urist McHello?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Been loving alot of this stuff, but I cant seem to figure out the Dark Wizard mode. Whenever I use the conjuring table, it just gets stuck in the DFHack menu that pops up and I can't play the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Been loving alot of this stuff, but I cant seem to figure out the Dark Wizard mode. Whenever I use the conjuring table, it just gets stuck in the DFHack menu that pops up and I can't play the game.

I think that's due to some stupidity on my part. Should be fixed in the 0.40 version (which I am currently working on).

Urist McHello?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the quick reply, Ill just play some Adventures to add to my history until your update comes out then. I really wanna try playing with just one badass guy because I've never tried to do it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Your dark wizards are getting migrants. They are all naked.

Dfhack shows several error reports on embark.

Code: [Select]
...Graphics/hack/mods/dark wizard tower/darkWizardTower.lua:65: attempt to index
 local 'unit2' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        ...Graphics/hack/mods/dark wizard tower/darkWizardTower.lua:65: in funct
ion 'fuseUnit'
        ...Graphics/hack/mods/dark wizard tower/darkWizardTower.lua:100: in func
tion <...Graphics/hack/mods/dark wizard tower/darkWizardTower.lua:97>
        [C]: in function 'onUnitSpawned'
        ...hics\Fantastic-DF-Graphics\hack\lua\fantastic\events.lua:16: in funct
ion <...hics\Fantastic-DF-Graphics\hack\lua\fantastic\events.lua:10>
...Graphics/hack/mods/dark wizard tower/darkWizardTower.lua:65: attempt to index
stack traceback:
ion 'fuseUnit'
stack traceback:
ion 'fuseUnit'
stack traceback:
ion 'fuseUnit'
stack traceback:
ion 'fuseUnit'
stack traceback:
ion 'fuseUnit'
stack traceback:
ion 'fuseUnit'
[DFHack]#
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

This is most likely going to die as another one of my major projects fizzles out for lack of creativity. Whoopee.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
Re: Fantastic Dwarf Fortress (1.0.1) - Kept around for historical purposes!
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2014, 03:36:58 pm »

Is this mod dead-dead? I haven't tried it yet (playing underhive eats all my DF time) but I do have some suggestions for minimizing micro! Probably should suggest that over github, but whatever, dad.

-reactions to bulk produce barrels/bins
-reactions to bulk produce quivers/rucksacks/waterskins
-reactions to bulk produce coke/charcoal
-hauling pets (buyable at embark)
-suicide workshop (yeah, designing Unfortunate Accidents is fun, but it is micromanagement)
-macro or hack that gives you more useful uniforms
-remove clothing (damn I'm irreverent)

JDRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2014, 06:46:30 pm »

I really liked this mod. It just seemed easier. I plus there were things like trading I finally got to do which I have never been able too in other mods because broker or trade goods not showing up in time before the traders leave.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2014, 09:49:57 pm »

Post to watch
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 [2] 3