Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll for Hire - IC - 4th Contract: Goblin Caves  (Read 23814 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll for Hire - IC - 1st Contract: Mapping the Marsh
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2014, 08:08:38 pm »

Pull my sword out of the tree, and attack the one on Playergamer, after he throws it off of him!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2014, 04:55:59 am »

"HIY!" Swing at the one attacking Will
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2014, 08:45:57 am »

In the swamp north of Paludan...

Joe wasted no time running over to the capybara he had just batted away and striking it with his shield as it tried to reorient itself. He underestimated his own strength however, and a sickening crunch was heard as bones shattered and the shield dented. What had been a dire capybara became a lifeless projectile, which hurtled towards Alice. Luckily, she was quick enough to duck away from the flying bag of shattered bones.

Unfortunately, Joe was not the only member of the group to be overzealous in his reaction to the large rodents. Kyle quickly drew an arrow to his bow and loosed it at the capybara which had been the aggressor moment before. The shot tore through the animal, leaving a bloodied corpse as the arrow continued on its trajectory towards Alice. Having just jumped out of the way of a furrier projectile, she was unable to dodge this new threat effectively, resulting in a cut along her thigh, also tearing her robe.

Meanwhile, Will struggled to dislodge the foul animal, only just barely throwing it off of himself before rolling away into something almost resembling a crouch. Cromwell wrenched his blade from the newly scarred tree, and continued the motion into a sweeping attack in the final capybara’s direction. At first it looked like the blow must have struck, there was clearly blood running in rivulets down the blade. However, it was immediately clear that the adroit animal readily dodged the wild swing, and escaped unharmed. It’s evasive actions took it into the path of Clair, who struck it with a slightly off balance blow that still managed to cut a deep gash in the side of the capybara. The injured animal did it’s best to run away, seeing the fate of it’s companions and having a good sense for what would happen to it if it stayed. However, it wasn’t able to lope off very quickly, and remained within sight of the party.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dire Capybara Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:50:46 am by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2014, 08:51:10 am »

END THE LASR OPPONENT. And then go and try to fix Alice completely horrified at what I did.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2014, 09:08:22 am »

Ignore last foe and check the bodies, with enough cooking, they may be safe to eat.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2014, 09:34:34 am »

Guard Cromwell.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2014, 09:51:38 am »

"He's mine."

Shoot the last one with my bow.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2014, 01:12:41 pm »

((Ok guys, I think that whenever our actions are ALL CAPS, then we attack too wildly, and cause collateral damage, so be careful of that from now on, this GM will kill us subtly.))

"Not if I get him, first!"

Grab Remuthra's Shield, then toss it in the air, and use my sword like a baseball bat and rocket the shield at the fleeing capybara!
The Derail Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2014, 01:14:39 pm »

((Beserker is kind of an all caps class.))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2014, 01:36:34 pm »

Such an aggressive attack demanded vengeance. Kyle and Will both loosed arrows at the fleeing rodent. Kyle’s found it’s mark in the capybara’s shoulder, dropping the already wounded animal. Will’s arrow missed it’s mark, flying over the capybara and off into the swamp. After seeing his arrow fly true, Kyle rushed over to the injured Alice to see what he could do. Using the head of a second arrow as a knife, he sliced off a strip of her already ruined robe and bound it around the cut in her thigh. It wasn’t deep enough to cause any serious injury, but she seemed grateful for the help.

Clair brought all three of the carcasses into a pile and began to look them over. Their meat looked no different than any other animal, so they should be good to eat. As Clair was finishing her appraisal Alice walked over and commented “If you can find a way to bring the skins back with us, it would be helpful. The fat from their skin is an important base for many salves and contact poisons.”

Seeing Cromwell slightly off balance from his wild swing, Joe ran over to his side and got his shield ready. His eyes scanned the swamp, ensuring nothing could approach Cromwell without him having time to react to it. He was not expecting Cromwell to try to take the shield and use it as a projectile. However, the shield was still held securely enough on his arm that his colleague failed to turn it into a particularly cumbersome missile.

Spoiler: Dire Capybara Stats (click to show/hide)
My Area

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2014, 01:38:22 pm »

Kyle begins trying to skin the rodents.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2014, 01:44:54 pm »

((IT WAS WORTH A SHOT))

"Well, that went over swimmingly. Kyle, you may wish to pay some attention to your own wounds, as well, it might get infected. You too, Will."

Check the party's wounds, attempt to help.
The Derail Thread

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2014, 04:36:55 pm »

Let Kyle skin. Don't want to invoke 'too many cook'. Speaking of cooks, set up a fire to cook the meat.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2014, 06:23:39 pm »

"Ugh. Hate this swamp."

Stay on watch while they do whatever.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2014, 03:21:53 pm »

Kyle walked over to the pile the capybara corpses and attempted to skin the one which had been shot as it fled. With his sloppy work, he was lucky he only destroyed it’s skin. As Joe looked on he wondered how it was possible that a person could be genuinely trying to salvage a skin and result in such a jagged mess of torn flesh as was the product of Kyle’s efforts.

Clair turned away from the gruesome scene, not interested in Kyle’s desecration of his fallen foe with wild slicing. She found some mildly dry twigs and managed to ignite them, and even erected a stable spit above the fire.

Will tried to keep watch, but in only a couple of seconds managed to fall asleep leaning against a nearby tree. Fortunately, nothing materialized out of the forest to make his face look like the leftovers of Kyle’s sad attempt. Cromwell cut another strip from Alice’s robe and used it to bind Will’s arm as he slept. He used a small remnant of this cloth to try to clean the blood off of his sword, only to find that it became a strange white paste as he worked.

After the strip of her robe was taken Alice walked over to stare with slight disgust but also fascination at Kyle’s work. She looked at Kyle’s wound and turned towards the group. “We need to scout out this area. We need to find something of significance that I can draw a map based off of and we need something for Kyle. That shoulder doesn’t look very good.”

My Area

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32