Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Let's create a setting.  (Read 23992 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's create a setting.
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 11:41:19 am »

If the tower falls, all creation is consumed by the magic that grips the oblivion continent. It slowly cracks every nineteen energy bursts.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 11:48:56 am »

Fifteen spheres orbit around the Sun. They are actually the sleeping form of giants with immense power. Each one is uniquely distinct from the others when in their awakened form.
It's FEF, not FEOF

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 11:49:05 am »

Some dwarves believe that the inevitable doom can be delayed by blood sacrifices.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 12:15:53 pm »

Some dwarves believe that the inevitable doom can be delayed by blood sacrifices.
There's an island far off to the east of them filled with elves that miraculously make the trip to the dwarven lands only to get sacrificed

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 12:16:08 pm »

The blood of cheesemakers and soapers is considered less valuable, so many dwarves flock to those professions. This results in an excess of cheese and soap in the stockpiles.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 12:19:07 pm »

Wise men from all the civilized people are working toward a reliable method of repairing the spire, or redirecting the deadly burst. The mold puts far more effort into this than the other races.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 12:24:17 pm »

The maggotmen are more resistant to the perils of the overworld than other species (such as being practically inedible by the carniverous trees), and thus often take on professions that require lots of traveling. Many merchants and couriers count amongst their numbers.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 12:26:23 pm »

They prefer to camp within the trees, because trees that learn over time that the maggotmen are inedible don't bother trying to eat them anymore.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2014, 12:32:07 pm »

There exists a nomadic sub-race of elves called ash elves, who sail the sea on ships made of the bones of the dead. They normally prey on the ash creatures, but frequently attack coastal settlements to drag their inhabitants into the sea to be eaten.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:14:06 pm by sebcool »
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2014, 03:29:24 pm »

The elves also enslave the members of the sentient species, locking them in massive desolate lighthouses made of stone, used for the navigation on the ash seas. However, the influence of the spirits of the dead, as mentioned before, causes the keepers to slowly go insane.

Those who survive the prolonged exposure, as rare as it is, are physically changed by the experience, gaining a strange sort of bond with the souls and the seas.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2014, 03:49:40 pm »

The ash elves employ maggot-men to clean the flesh from their bone-ships. The King of the Elves has a bone-ship made from a great immortal creature which constantly regenerates, and is considered a paradise for the maggot-men. An ash elf who dies is immediately dragged beneath the surface by the ghostly arms of his victims. The King of the Elves is so old and has slain so many, the ghosts of his victims swirl about his ship as a visible fogbank.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2014, 03:59:25 pm »

There is one ship, that is believed a scourge to these elves, that rides on a ship with a frame made out of the bones of ancient ash monsters, the mast of dragon spines, and a sail made of the flayed skin of dwarves. There stands thirty beings, twisted breed of maggot men and elves, with their captain being a half dwarf/half elf, all armed with weapons laced with the gems found by the spire's pulses. They hold the only piece of the spire that broke off, which the dwarves find sacred in putting the tower back together to stop it's inevitable fall. They raid elvish towns and no one survives their attacks, and no one has lived that met the gaze of the half dwarf, save his men. The dwarves use him as the bogeyman, saying that he will kidnap children to join his crew... But who is to say they're wrong?

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2014, 04:14:54 pm »

It is rumoured that the day these two mighty ships meet in a clash of arms will be the first sign of the coming end... but still, they strive to put an end to the other, as they have for time immemorial...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2014, 04:19:44 pm »

((Guys, anybody here's a painter? We need someone to paint a bit of this world, sell that as album covers, then funnel the funds into the Bay12 Space World Domination Program.))
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2014, 04:25:06 pm »

((Guys, anybody here's a painter? We need someone to paint a bit of this world, sell that as album covers, then funnel the funds into the Bay12 Space World Domination Program.))

(( Tempted, but I'm working on two or so pieces already. One of which is for something in the DF Community Games Forum. Zombies and drunken short people go so well together.))
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12