Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Willedabyss☼  (Read 25143 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Willedabyss☼
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2014, 07:20:45 pm »

OK, save downloaded! I'll try and get something up tomorrow
*edit* looked at the save for a few minutes, my single player fortress looks like a little baby compared to this one  :'(

Haha! Yea. It's the most insane fortress I think I've done so far.

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2014, 01:05:44 am »

I think I need help, 9 days in about 3 trog ambushes came in from the 2nd cavern layer. Right now everyone is almost dead and we got, maybe 7 of them. Sorry, but what do I do now?
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2014, 01:48:33 am »

Hmm. Back up from the save again. Burrow everyone to the surface with military alerts, wall in any exits that lead into the forts surface. Then set everyone to building traps completely surrounding the area at which the stairs outlet. ( It should be inside a building, shouldn't be hard. ) Also, have dwarves working both pumps as that will flood at least parts of the inside and create a soothing mist. Once the traps are complete, remove a single piece of the guardian wall that will let out into a field of traps. Rinse and repeat until the troglodyte ambushes stop. Then SEAL OFF THOSE CAVERNS. That's what I'd do anyway.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2014, 06:53:46 am »

Hmm it seems that theses fools still do not know of my true self yet, but still I must help them survive if my plan is to be completed.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2014, 11:27:32 am »

How goes the fort Wasara?
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2014, 01:05:39 pm »

Here's the logs I have so far. Things are going pretty badly.
Granite 1: Starting to execute Mclellen’s plan
Granite 22:.......... sent the military down buy time, the military got murdered(still some lazy survivors) but got the fortress sealed from the surface. Trogs then went “FUCK THIS SHIT” and left. So I don’t know what happened but looks like everything is alright. Time to lock down the lower caverns.
We have 41 dwarfs in the fort currently.
Granite 27:Well, I'm gonna cancel the moat digging. Already got the miner stuck once and I don’t want to get him stuck again. Besides, the wall will do fine.
Slate 1: Found a carpenter dead in the second cavern, probably ignored the alert or something. Looks like the ghosts are starting to get restless to. Things are in a pretty bad state here.
Slate 3: well I need to be more aware. A corrupt animated armor has been killing things while I’ve been trying to get the cavern drawbridge built and get the miners on their asses. It’s already on the surface and I’ve sent the military at it The thing looks pretty busted up now but it looks like it got, let’s see....
fuck, we’re down to 29. Pretty sure I’m bad at this game
Slate 5:28.....
Slate 6: Alright! It’s now locked outside! Oh and our military is now non-existent.
Slate 8: bugger ran of the map.
Slate 10:engineer is throwing tantrum.
Slate 12: Engineer has calmed down. Just realized that there's a pump I should have turned off. Bedrooms are kinda flooded

One and a half months and half the forts dead. On top of that my laptop is hating the amount of moving water
I Kinda feel that I’m probably not the best choice to keep this fort from well, dieing Considering this is my first succession fort and I’m bad at the game. Should I continue trying to not fail? Or should I let someone else take my turn?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 01:07:13 pm by wasara »
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2014, 01:11:09 pm »

Just keep going if it fails then we can Just reclaimed

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2014, 01:18:04 pm »

yeah just have some fun with it, not easy but do your best.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2014, 05:34:04 pm »

One and a half months and half the forts dead. On top of that my laptop is hating the amount of moving water
I Kinda feel that I’m probably not the best choice to keep this fort from well, dieing Considering this is my first succession fort and I’m bad at the game. Should I continue trying to not fail? Or should I let someone else take my turn?

So? This is only my second succession fort. And you play until you die.

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2014, 10:49:02 pm »

Sorry for being a bit of a downer, dosn't feel good when the first thing that happens when you load the save is watching an ambush kill each and everyone of your drawfs within 2 months of play. Now that fort on the scummed save has the 2nd cavern sealed up,(logs tomarrow when I get my laptop connected to the internet) things are looking up now. I should be able to get these logs out daily and get my turn finished by the weekend.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2014, 01:29:55 am »

Excellent work Wasara! :D I look forward to seeing what happens next.

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2014, 12:52:34 pm »

Slate 13: Oh my, the flu is so bad even the ghosts are getting fixed. Maybe I should try and get a medicine industry up and running? Probably not, the flu dosn’t look too bad.
Slate 16: A nun of Armok went stark raving mad today.
Slate 19: Lower cavern bridge is built, now I just need to  get it linked it up.
Slate 24: One of the peasants in the hospital died of thirst, worst heathcare ever. Down to 27
Felsite 1: Someone threw a tantrum, stopped in a few days though.
Felsite 13:So the guy that threw the tantrum was found dead in the caverns today, I turned off all tree cutting there.
Felsite 18:2nd Cavern locked down, Lever is in the same room as the lever for the outside gates.
Felsite 20: Looks like I didn’t lock down the caverns soon enough, one silverfish is running around killing people (down to 26 know BTW) Lets see if the new military can take this down.
Looks like an animated spear beat the military to it. The silverfish is dead. (25 left)
Felsite 25:Huzzah, The siege has been broken!
Hematite 5:Nun of Armok has died of thirst somehow, just fell in the middle of a hallway. We have plenty of booze and a running river, don’t see why that happened.
Hematite 6: Stukad Zagel has withdrawn from society and claimed a craft dwarf workshop.

Had to stop here for today so I guess we get to see what artifact will be made tomorrow. Now that I’m getting comfortable with this fort I've got myself a little plan I made that I’ll let people look over and comment on.(mostly defensive stuff)
Priority 1: Make sally-port based invader grinder with traps and such outside.(the moat is gonna make this a wee bit annoying)
Priority 2: Train a small military
Priority 3: Make a second layer of defense in the tunnel that goes from outside in the inner fort, in case of fliers and such
Priority 1.5-2.5-3.5: Keep deaths to a minimum, that suit of armor took out half our guys and the number is dropping for assorted reasons.
Priority 4: Do something with the siege engine parts

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2014, 03:41:27 pm »

Ok... so the population halved in my turn and now it's halved in yours. If this pattern continues there's not many turns left.

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2014, 07:38:33 pm »

I'm playing on my desktop So DOUBLE UPDATE today!
Hematite 7: Setting up defences
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hematite 17: Made our engineer stop fishing and the artifact has begun construction.
Hematite 22: Stakud has made Itatkosh, A wooden hourglass!(worthless garbage)
Malachite 14: I have a loaded Catapult, half the walls constructed, And I'm trying to get some ballistas made(Important note to Hugo: I kinda just give people jobs to try and get things done quickly, so you might have tons of people with strange jobs running around)
Malachite 15: It's raining WATER! For once it's raining WATER instead of blood!
Galena 17: wow things go by fast with 4X the processing power.
Galena 22:Looks like we have(a little) action! A blood goat has been running around terrorizing things, MILITARY ASSEMBLE!
Huh, looks like the the goat was chasing the military. Once I gave the order the goat got it's skull bashed in.
Galena 27:A miner is throwing a tantrum
Limestone 1: The miner has calmed down
Limestone 5:The miner is throwing a tantrum, again. *sigh*
Limestone 6:The miner as, once again, calmed down. The mayor also ended a mandate, whatever that was.
Limestone 8:Mayer has banned export of large Gems.
Limestone 23: Dakost, tailor has been taken by a fey mood and claimed a clothiers shop!
Limestone 27:Migrants! We are now 49 STRONG!
Sandstone 1: Dakost has made Ish, a cotton-fiber kilt!
Sandstone 2: The most of the outer defenses have been made(just needs some more traps), I also need to find the forges to make Ballista ammo.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stopping here for today, if someone can point me toward the forges that would be great.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2014, 07:52:17 pm »

They really changed from a little wood shack to a defend able fort. Nice one and the forges I have no clue.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19