Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Willedabyss☼  (Read 24838 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Willedabyss☼
« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2014, 02:59:16 pm »

Well done! Hugo's next right?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2014, 02:16:25 am »

Will start my turn probably monday.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2014, 10:28:46 am »

Alright. I look forward to it. :D

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2014, 07:35:57 pm »

work has been really crazy of late, and will be for a bit. I will try to get my turn started other then opening it up and looking at the fort, If someone wants a turn can go right ahead of me. Didn't expect work to pick up so much.

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2014, 07:45:48 pm »

No problem! Take as much time as you need.
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2014, 08:29:06 pm »

Same! I'm doing scholarships so... I kinda understand being busy.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2014, 09:40:03 pm »

I am actually completely confused with this fort, as I never played masterwork before, one thing that baffles me is this screw pump that is right near the brook by the north wall, aimed at a down stair which when followed goes right into a bedroom level. which then drained into a shaft leading to the caverns. Which I hope was some strange attempt to wash any cave invaders back down to the hole they dwell in.

So like everyone before me I have no idea where everything is, I'm going off a limb here and assume the magma forges are lost to us (since we happened to love a central staircase) Idk if the caves are open or sealed. Or even the condition of is it safe or not? I still can't find the levers, however I did dwarf myself and chosen to wear the artifact robe, kilt, and use a artifact sword.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2014, 07:56:43 am »

That was... not exactly my intention. My idea was to build a mist generator for the hospital, but I ended up just flooding the hospital. Then I tried to fix it, and I flooded the bedrooms. An so on. If you get it working right, it can also be used for drowning invaders or teaching dwarves to swim. As per Masterwork, there are just new jobs, buildings, and enemies. It actually doesn't take that much longer to learn.

The caves should be sealed, but... no guarantees. Also the Magma Forges are lost to us for now. We'll have to get back down there and reclaim them, as well as booby-trapping the heck out of the lowest cavern level. That's where all the bloody troglodytes are. I'm pretty sure all the dwarves fled to the upper half of the fort and we might still be under attack. That's part of your challenge is to fix the security issues.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2014, 10:42:11 am »

I have no idea what had changed so far, all I did was flood the the old meeting atea.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2014, 11:06:41 am »

Also Dan I'm not sure if you know this, but you have a 3 year old son that has no legs, and another son travelling the world. So the family line of Dan is not lost (you still have your other younger son and wife)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2014, 11:07:55 am »

Also Dan I'm not sure if you know this, but you have a 3 year old son that has no legs, and another son travelling the world. So the family line of Dan is not lost (you still have your other younger son and wife)

WHAT!? WHEN DID DAN JR LOSE HIS LEGS!!!! He didn't learn to swim just to lose his legs!

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2014, 11:16:38 am »

WHAT!? WHEN DID DAN JR LOSE HIS LEGS!!!! He didn't learn to swim just to lose his legs!
Are you implying people without legs can't swim? Watch Butterfly Circus. The whole movie only about 30 minutes and it's pretty inspiring.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2014, 11:19:57 am »

Are you implying people without legs can't swim? Watch Butterfly Circus. The whole movie only about 30 minutes and it's pretty inspiring.

Not at all, just that swimming at less than a year old is a Herculean task for a dwarf. Danman Jr. should go on to be a legendary hero with legs intact. Still, I guess that just makes him all the more impressive if he's able to do heroic tasks on crutches. Also, are there any wheel chairs or bamboo battle mechs in the Masterwork mod?

EDIT: Besides! That wasn't my point. My point was that I'm exasperated that a character I like lost his legs.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2014, 01:38:18 pm »

My son.... he makes his father proud so very proud. I say put him in to an archer army also masterwork a huge lot more weapons, races, and religious buildings.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2014, 02:02:01 pm »

Hear, hear! And a flagon of the best mead for the little tyke!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19