Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Willedabyss☼  (Read 25435 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Willedabyss
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2014, 03:24:15 pm »

How did everyone become so unhappy? They were pretty much fine at the end of my turn, apart from the ones that were on fire.

I'm almost certain that the only time it doesn't rain dwarf blood here is when the land is on fire.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Willedabyss☼
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2014, 04:00:55 pm »

A lot of it probably had to do with a few attacks by wild animals, the rain of blood, and poor management of booze stockpiles. It just tantrum spiraled from there. The last thing is my fault and I'm fixing that now. And as far as tantrum spirals go, this one's going rather smooth and should be an easy recovery once we get A) More booze B) A proper hospital and C) a mist generator. The first thing I'm getting right now. The second thing soon thereafter, and the third hopefully before midsummer's end.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2014, 04:48:13 pm »

GNHFgfbgf I GOT CHICENS IN MY EARS AND BADGER DOGS UP MY TOES GFFBDRFVF SUNSHINE RAINBOW HAPPYNESS ALL THE DWARFS JUMP ON ME AND WE SHALL RIDE THE SUNSHINE TRAIN DFGVDFVD

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2014, 04:53:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2014, 05:14:11 pm »

My turn's not even over yet! And besides, never give up until the clowns come. Losing is fun!
Oh, sorry. I thought the turn was over with the summery and everything :p.
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2014, 05:15:59 pm »

Nope. Just takin' a break for my sanity's sake. :)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2014, 05:20:21 pm »

Caterpillars are armoks tools for destruction, Man and elf are cousins to the changling dsfsdfdcv.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:07:08 pm by danmanthedog »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2014, 05:32:36 pm »

Mm. Sure. I should be able to do that.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2014, 08:14:46 pm »

hate to sound pushy, anyway you can finish up your turn soon? Like to see this ball rolling again.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2014, 07:55:47 am »

Yeah, I'm already in Autumn. I'll finish up today most likely, if I don't fall asleep during school today like yesterday. I meant to finish my turn yesterday, but then I got kidnapped by the sandman.

EDIT: But first I have to take the ACT.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2014, 10:17:06 am »

LADYBUGS FLIEING THROUGH MAGMA SINGING TALE OF HORRORS TO PASSING TRAVELERS dffdfgddWSFDFVDCD I GOT DILL WEED IN MY LUNGS!!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2014, 12:22:15 pm »

ACT done, posting fortress update in a few mins, again sorry for the lack of screencaps.

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2014, 12:53:32 pm »

I was killed in a goblin siege. Went in without armor and weapons.
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2014, 06:48:24 pm »

Ah.
Apparently, there's some sort of disease spreading around the fortress. The dwarves aren't so much injured as they are running fevers. I release the broker/chief medical dwarf from his brokery to go start treating the varied ill. Also, I found the hospital! And it's haunted. Yep. There's a violent ghost hanging out near the ill. This needs to be taken care of now.
14th Hematite: Metalsmith is striken with the Melancholy.
21st Hematite: A diplomat has left stymied.
2nd Malachite: Things are starting to turn around. Several dwarves are recovering from the mysterious fever. In fact, only a very few of the dwarves are still incapacitated.
3rd Malachite: Stukos Merigosstam, Woodcutter was found dead of dehydration today. Fortunately, we should have plenty of coffins ready.
Later that day: Nil Ostmugshith was found dead. Also, there's a murder with four witnesses, so I'm going to go ahead and convict him.
7th Malachite: Apparently, some "very important research" about Kestrals was completed today. That's cool. I guess.
17th Malachite: New migrants are here. The mayor also placed a ban on amulets.
18th Malachite: Disuth Sarveshtosid was found dead of dehydration today. Bye-bye dear. Shoshin Themnolonul also died of dehydration.
26th Malachite: Everything's running smoothly once more. I just want to record and report an event of interest. Today a werewolf fisherman was seen in Willedabyss! I'm having him put to death since he is attacking our dwarves. Otherwise I'd keep him and just lock him in a cell on the full moons. Cos, how awesome is a resident werewolf! And that's that. He's dead now.
28th Malachite: Ingish Alrisid, Fisherdwarf, has been found dead.
4th Galena: Eshtan Bemtekkud, Metalsmith, has died of thirst.
6th Galena: Danmanthedog Shotomoltar has been found dead, dehydrated.
15th Galena: Ceshfot Soshgedor has fallen into a fey mood. I wonder what legendary artifact will come out of this mood.
16th: Ceshfot has claimed a Magma Forge. :D We could be getting a legendary sword out of this! LEGENDARY DWARVEN SWA'AD!
20th Galena: Following some attacks from a mummy, one of which claimed the life of Suthmam Cugganikthag, I have deployed a squad to take it down.
22nd Galena: A vile force of darkness has arrived! We are under siege by goblins! An ambushing party managed to get in before the drawbridge was raised, along with a child snatcher. Fortunately, it should be quite difficult to escape and I have the military after the ambushers. None the less, I fear casualties will ensue. And several dwarves are already unhappy... Things were going so well, too.
26th Galena: The leader of the Merchant's guild is meeting with me.
28th Galena: The first casualty of the siege, Asob Keneshtan
2nd Limestone: Why does my silly body keep trying to grab the fallen who've fallen on the outside. Maybe I should build some siege engines to get this over and done with. Hmm, yes. Let's try that.
3rd Limestone: Ceshfot has begun his mysterious construction. Also, I suspect that we have lost about ten dwarves to this siege, although only one or two have been reported.
5th Limestone: Just finished a meeting with the Elves' Trade Guild-Master. I guess she wasn't aware of what went down at the Depot.
6th Limestone: An attack on two fronts! Those bastard ant-people! As if it weren't enough that we're being attacked by goblins, now the ant-people are on the attack. And not just that... I think they've already killed somebody. It still feels weird being able to see everything in the fortress and yet still have to wait for a report of a death. The troglodytes took the magma forges! They interrupted Ceshfot's mood job, causing him to instantly fall to Melancholy. We lost Zas Nomalbakat and her child also.
15th Limestone: * coughs and sniffs * Several dwarves found dead.
1st Sandstone: Iden Ber has grown attached to a pair of bronze greaves. Why is that important enough that the fortress feels the need to tell me?
2nd Sandstone: Asmoth cancels Operate Pump: Went Berserk. Well then, that's all fine and good. Let's kill our former leader. * chuckles then sighs, then coughs *
Ok, so he doesn't like that so much, he's chasing me around. It'd be kinda hilarious if it weren't me. Oh! Here comes Iden Ber. And... dead. Bye Asmoth. You'll be missed. Mmm... I've gotta see about memorializing people. That, uh... * cough cough * that chase took it out of me though. Whhheeewwff. Ah well, back to work.

4th Sandstone: Tirist Tulongusil, Spearlord, has grown attached to a fleece cloak. Some migrants have arrived. It's... maybe like ten dwarves?

What!? Oh crap! Ok, the fortifications I built to retain water don't retain water. * coughs * My bad. That's not the "Oh crap". The "Oh Crap" is that the stone worker had her baby with her when she was carving the fortification! Look, there wasn't even supposed to be water in here yet, I don't know what happened. I was just trying to make a serenity waterfall for the hospital. It's supposed to fall several floors down and pool up and maybe even pumped away elsewhere. That's not important right now, the thing is that when the room flooded it knocked her backward and she dropped her baby! I don't... I don't know if she'll be able to fight the flood and get him... Oh well, at least the baby seems pretty calm about all this. He lost a father to tragedy recently... that's horrible. Even worse, if he drowns then his mom will probably not... HOLY CRAP! IT WAS DANMAN'S WIFE! DANMAN'S WIFE! DANMAN'S SON! Lookout Dan Jr. I'm going to get this solved. MASONRY SQUAD AWAY! * hacking cough *

Ohhhhhhhhhh! DANMAN'S WIFE! WHY DID YOU BRING YOUR KIDS TO WORK!? WHY HAVEN'T I MADE A RULE AGAINST THAT!? Danman's other son is struggling against the flood whilst his mother tries to rescue his baby brother. WHERE ARE THOSE MASONS!? * hacks up phlegm * ( Well, at least the mist half of my idea is working. The flooding though... Where's the spitoon? ) Oh, that's what it is... the water's too deep to build. They don't want to risk their own necks for someone else's baby. >.< All I can hope is that Danman's ghost doesn't come back to murder everyone before we can get slabs engraved for him. If we the baby survives... I need to find a way to train everyone to swim. Or at least the military. I think I have an idea on how to do that too.
12th Sandstone: An animal trainer has been found dead and Danman's family is still struggling against the onslaught of my plumbing mishap. Umm, due to the series of unfortunate events I'm relegating all children that aren't still nursing into a single spot. Yeah... I hope they don't all end up orphans.

Danman's family and the bystanders: A miner and a ghostly axedwarf.

I pinpointed the source of the flooding! It was coming from a pump on the surface. I ordered the dwarf to stop pumping, I don't know if that will be enough to save Danman's family. * coughs violently, wheezes *

((OOC: Danman, I swear I'm not trying to eradicate your entire family on purpose. ))

(( OOC: The rest should be ready by tomma. ))

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2014, 08:14:10 pm »

HOW DARE YOU PUT MY LOVELY WIFE AND CHILD IN DANGER! I CURSE ON THE 1000 YEARS OF CHICKENS IN YOUR EARS AND CATAPILLERS IN YOUR BUTT HOLE! I THE AMAZING FLYING BADGERDOG HAVE SPOKEN DGDHBFHBUDBFBDFHBVH
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19