Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 98

Author Topic: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix  (Read 201082 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix
« Reply #1245 on: January 19, 2019, 05:24:16 am »

Sounds like it doesn't solve the main problem - that you need to run down alps individually and it is a grind that takes a lot of real time.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 19, 2019, 08:56:24 am »

Yeah, I liked the core concept of alps, its just they needed some tweaks, and maybe some other creatures thrown in to be better.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: January 19, 2019, 09:15:05 am »

I'm sure they'll get more tweaks. I'll be happy with whichever version of fighting them doesn't end up as a boring slog. Sounds like there are some serious issues with this patch for a lot of users though.

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 19, 2019, 10:35:12 am »

Earlier version was considered boring but manageable (unless in crazy high numbers) by most players.

Current version is considered broken and still boring by most players, including good ones.

In doubt, I'm still avoiding them.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: January 19, 2019, 11:53:00 am »

I'm sure they'll get more tweaks. I'll be happy with whichever version of fighting them doesn't end up as a boring slog. Sounds like there are some serious issues with this patch for a lot of users though.
Yeah. It sounds like there's issues with the game freezing on AI turns too, so I think I'll take a break from this game for a bit until the patches fix things.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: January 20, 2019, 03:44:29 pm »

I just don't go anywhere near alps or hexen so it's never been a problem for me.  At day 40 now and doing pretty well, though I've had some hiccups.  Almost lost when a 300-gold one-day caravan contract got attacked by unholds and I lost all my money gluing my bros back together.

Now we're fighting 18 nachzehrers, which is probably easier than 3 unholds.

As for alps, I've figured it out.  If you get attacked by something you don't want to deal with and you're fine with cheating a bit, reload your autosave and then hit inventory as soon as you unpause.  If you do it right the attack and inventory screens will pop up at the same time and you can click out of the attack screen.  The enemies will be locked in place for a minute and you can run away.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 11:28:20 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 21, 2019, 09:56:25 am »

Well supposedly its made Alps even worse. Haven't run into any yet myself though.

"Yo dawg, we heard you hated Alps, so we gave your nightmares some nightmares so you can have nightmares when fighting nightmares"

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: January 21, 2019, 02:20:56 pm »

Well supposedly its made Alps even worse. Haven't run into any yet myself though.

"Yo dawg, we heard you hated Alps, so we gave your nightmares some nightmares so you can have nightmares when fighting nightmares"

I have nightmares about fighting nightmares while I have nightmares.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 24, 2019, 09:30:54 pm »

Wow, glad I didn't pick up that DLC.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 24, 2019, 09:36:14 pm »

I like the DLC a lot. Just don't take missions against certain enemies if you don't like fighting a particular one.
Sigtext

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 25, 2019, 04:44:15 am »

Wow, glad I didn't pick up that DLC.
This DLC is actually pretty good.
Maybe somewhat overpriced, but definitely good.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 25, 2019, 10:24:26 am »

Yeah, all the various crafting and whatnot is very enjoyable. And I do like some of the new enemies, like the Unhold and tree monsters. They can be nasty to fight, but fun.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 25, 2019, 12:24:35 pm »

Despite all the grumbling, the DLC is very solid and only bad side are the Alps. Even there the idea is great, the implementation is just tedious.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: January 25, 2019, 12:36:19 pm »

IMO Alps should just be a regular fight, but with a smaller number of randomly selected party members. The rest are unable to be woken.

Then the fun would be in fighting with a party size which you haven’t had to use since the beginning of the game, and the challenge would be in doing it with two bows, one pike and a spearman.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: January 25, 2019, 04:45:11 pm »

IMO Alps should just be a regular fight, but with a smaller number of randomly selected party members. The rest are unable to be woken.

Then the fun would be in fighting with a party size which you haven’t had to use since the beginning of the game, and the challenge would be in doing it with two bows, one pike and a spearman.
I like that idea a lot. Maybe add sleeping characters around the map who you could risk sending guys to wake up to add to your numbers.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 98