Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 98

Author Topic: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix  (Read 201573 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix
« Reply #1275 on: February 08, 2019, 05:03:49 pm »

Yeah, considering how easy it is to lose half your squad in a normal fight, doing that on a regular basis with militamen sounds like fun.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: February 08, 2019, 05:10:29 pm »

I especially like that it's not just changes to the start but changes that effect the entire playthrough. That's not something I'd considered when they first talked about different starting scenarios.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: February 08, 2019, 05:20:41 pm »

Militia mode will be OP in the hands of expert players.

But I really like the idea. It adds a lot of replay value to an already great game.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: February 08, 2019, 05:30:53 pm »

Great, now Imma have to put another 300 hours into each of those starts.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: February 09, 2019, 02:49:26 pm »

Yeah, considering how easy it is to lose half your squad in a normal fight, doing that on a regular basis with militamen sounds like fun.

What, Militamen are stronger than most starting squads!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: February 09, 2019, 02:56:16 pm »

If you're talking about the town militia background, sure. That's not what this start sounds like its going to be. I just want to play Battle Brother Imperial Guard style, okay?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: February 09, 2019, 03:08:33 pm »

So, you can start with a pickup wagon and a bunch of shirtless farmers with mullets and questionable facial hair as they roam around the countryside and defend their racial rights against the encroaching threat of orcish immigration?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: February 09, 2019, 03:11:20 pm »

If you're talking about the town militia background, sure. That's not what this start sounds like its going to be. I just want to play Battle Brother Imperial Guard style, okay?
I posted that before reading the press release about the various backgrounds.  It looks like the militia start being proposed would grant you your wish (except without the vehicles).

...Of course, my bands usually die before I can even afford to hire nobles and higher tier recruits, so for me the militia start would actually be easier.  I suspect the alternate starts will be stronger during 90% of the game for most folks.

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: February 09, 2019, 03:26:34 pm »

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleBrothers/comments/aiaq1h/apparently_a_user_made_a_mod_kit_for_bb_have_fun/

Someone made a modkit for battle brothers. https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/32 Here's one of the more interesting mods, adds recruitable mages which have the same abilities as necromancers.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: February 09, 2019, 03:35:36 pm »

"Necromancer? I'm no necromancer! Not at all! I'm a, uh... Wreckromancer! Completely different!"

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: February 10, 2019, 07:10:28 pm »

Interesting to see the devs take on the modkit - as someone said, it basically exposes all the logic behind the game and most of the source code which isn't something devs tend to like very much.

That said, I feel BB is the sort of game that is absolutely crying out for mods and it's a shame they haven't added any support for it - there's so much you could do with it (Witcher mods, LotR etc.) which would massively improve the popularity of the game.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: February 10, 2019, 08:18:28 pm »

Yeah, a Game of Thrones mod would be pretty easy to do. Just make the houses from the books/show, take out the orcs/goblins, and maybe add the Wall.
Sigtext

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: February 15, 2019, 11:11:56 pm »

https://steamcommunity.com/games/365360/announcements/detail/3539170599597803689

This is a really exciting feature. We needed something like this to improve replayability.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: February 15, 2019, 11:35:59 pm »

Plus thematic decisions. The bleak 'it's mundanes against the magical' feeling is kind of busted wide open when you can recruit necromancers.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 06, 2019, 05:37:45 pm »

Just picked this up (now that I finally have a windows laptop). I am having a wonderful time managing my band of mercenaries.

I am a bit curious, what do your guys' compositions look like? Right now I have 5 shieldbros supported by two pole arm users on the outside. The backline is filled out by javelineers and a bannerman.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 98