Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 98

Author Topic: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix  (Read 201593 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix
« Reply #1380 on: January 17, 2020, 10:45:17 am »

http://battlebrothersgame.com/blazing-deserts-dlc-announcement/

New DLC has been officially announced. It seems to be a lot of what people wanted (Middle-eastern/North African factions*, new end-game crisis.) Curious to see if this new end-game crisis involving "religious turmoil" is going to be more like the orc/undead ones or the noble war one. Considering that you can seemingly recruit Southerners into your band and there is probably an origin as a Southern merc band, I'm assuming you can fight on either side of it, or both. More ancient empire stuff as well, might be tied into the new crisis, maybe not.

New origins, crafting recipes for the previous dlc owners**, and it seems that company feats are a thing now. Not sure what they entail, but I'm assuming it's another layer of customization that helps you not lose progress when you lose dudes.

Also, bombs. The guy on the cover has a bomb. Fucking nuke those alps.

*I'm assuming here they aren't going to skip over the Moors, considering how distinct they are, and how the description of the southern city states sounds more like 11th century Spain than the holy land. I don't know a ton about the crusades though, so maybe city states are more accurate (I don't think there were many at the time though?)
**that is, crafting recipes for the Beasts and Exploration dlc owners. I think the new origins don't require the Warriors of the North or whatever the barbarian dlc was called.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:49:51 am by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 17, 2020, 02:35:06 pm »

Andorra was and is about the only (sorta) city state in the Iberian Peninsula to exist for any significant lenght. The description sounds more like medieval Italy, except in a Middle-Eastern setting rather than an European one. Coincidentally merc companies made it big in the period so it kind of fits with the game theme
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 20, 2020, 02:19:42 pm »

Huh, coincidentally I just started this up for the first time in ages last night! Interesting to hear there's new DLC on the way, though I'm pretty sure I only own one of the existing expansions.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 20, 2020, 03:55:55 pm »

There has been some pretty obvious foreshadowing about you being a false king. Does anyone know if they are going to do anything with that? Because I would like some sort of closure.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 20, 2020, 04:56:24 pm »

did i never egopost this?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 25, 2020, 04:23:07 pm »

so i booted this up, and after stretching out a few kinks ive started playing what i hope is a grueling campaign.

The humor of the game amuses me.  Did you hear the one about a 30 militiamen walking into an orc young bar?

Spoiler: before (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: after (click to show/hide)

I have no doubt the beserker would have won if I not stepped in.  Though had I not stepped in the ai autobattle probably would have made this a lot less painful on the poor conscripts.  Before we ended him he took out 6 more and 1 managed to flee.  20 little bros....

My own weakness is actually goblins or outright large, protracted battle lines of orcs.  How do kill gobos better?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 04:24:57 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: January 25, 2020, 04:39:20 pm »

Berserkers vs AI is always kinda funny. They don't know how to handle rage stacks and let em get very angry. Even worse on the Legends mod which gave em nimble, so they're super tough as well. I once lured a large AI party to an orc sea of tents and there was one berserker that got up to like 30 stacks. He took like 5 points of damage from warbow shots, it was terrifying!

Gobos are pretty rough. Like a lot of the late game enemies its hard to fight them effectively if you aren't built up well. Having lots of heavy armor helps, since they don't field many good anti armor weapons. Also if you have good archers out-shooting them can be a quite an effective strategy. Gobos have excellent ranged defense so you need very good archers to hit them, but with low HP they'll get mowed down by a berserk KF warbow archer.

If you don't have good archers you can try fighting them at night. Or you could just avoid fighting them all together.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 08, 2020, 12:57:32 pm »

http://battlebrothersgame.com/dev-blog-129-city-states-part-i/

Info on some of the stuff with southern cities. Main takeaways seem to be that you can buy slaves (which don't drop morale for Southerners when they die) and there are arenas which you can fight in. Seems like the Slavers Bay (I think that's what it's called?) from Game of Thrones. Also a lot of Persian vibes from the visuals, curious to see if there will be sorta Bedouin desert nomads as well or if this is how all of the Southerners are.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 01:01:58 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 02, 2020, 03:33:21 pm »

Anyone happen to have enough experience with the code to be able to snipe what line(s) make the 'deserters go first first turn of combat' rule?

Spoiler: Code (click to show/hide)

Id appreciate the help, because I cant find it.  This is my prototype for a custom starting scenario based on deserters.  But I dont want the 'go first' rule to be in effect.
PKs DF Mod!

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 03, 2020, 12:36:52 am »

Don't remember if it's a scenario feature or a feature, like others, tied to specific chars like an attribute or talent.

If chars: maybe you will find a flag for it in the roster struct. bros[n] . setupBro seems interesting as well. could be hiding in _bro.setStartValuesEx(["deserter_background"

Since it's used at start of battles an entry point could be to look there and backtrack. e.g. Loop all units. If deserter present, then initiate logic related to go first.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 03, 2020, 03:23:54 pm »

Blazing Deserts DLC has had its release date announced as August 13.

http://battlebrothersgame.com/release-date-announcement-3/

There's also been a bunch of dev diaries since I last posted one, you can find them on the website or the steam news section.
Wasteland 1 & 2

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 20, 2020, 08:34:59 pm »

I´ve gotten back to this (after having had several false starts in the past) and I´m having a blast. I can´t wait for the blazing deserts mod.

I´d also like some magic for the player to make it´s way in. Legends doesnt quite scratch that itch (though I also need to get into THAT after several false starts. I figured I´d get into the base game first) , I´d like something a bit more subtle...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 20, 2020, 08:45:57 pm »

Legends just seems like a 'throw everything considered ''cool'' at the wall and pray the concoction sticks' kind of mod.  i never felt the urge to try it.

but absolutely excited for this new dlc to drop
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 20, 2020, 08:54:07 pm »

Legends just seems like a 'throw everything considered ''cool'' at the wall and pray the concoction sticks' kind of mod.  i never felt the urge to try it.

Yes. It is too much.

I'd like a smaller mod. One that occasionally lets you hire a magician, or get one from a random event. Or start as one I guess. But legends adds too much...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 21, 2020, 08:36:12 am »

Yeah, never really got into Legends despite trying a few times.

Mostly, I'm bummed that female mercs got rolled into that one entirely instead of still existing as a standalone mod.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 98