Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 98

Author Topic: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix  (Read 201530 times)

Crazy Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix
« Reply #960 on: March 25, 2017, 05:35:51 am »

Congratulations on your final release! It's an excellent, solid title. Best of luck to whatever is next for you boys at Overhype.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 26, 2017, 12:32:10 pm »

I am disappointed BB isn't on the popular new releases list on Steam. I've certainly tried recommending it to everyone.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 26, 2017, 01:02:18 pm »

I am disappointed BB isn't on the popular new releases list on Steam. I've certainly tried recommending it to everyone.

It is if you go to the Steam website, it just won't appear to you in the client if you already own it.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 27, 2017, 12:27:42 am »

It is if you go to the Steam website, it just won't appear to you in the client if you already own it.

Oh stupid me, didn't know it did that. Checked in a web browser and you are correct. Great, the guys deserve success and it makes other nice games from them more likely.

Jaysen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Battle Brothers - A turn based strategy RPG
« Reply #964 on: March 27, 2017, 03:31:16 am »

Oh snap!
On the release we were at home doing a little celebration so i missed posting it here but you found it anyway, thanks a lot for that!
So from now there will be no regular updates like before but we will of course keep doing things, maybe an expansion but nothing is set in stone yet ;) Cheers
Battle Brothers - A turn based strategy RPG
Dev Blog
Twitter
Facebook

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 27, 2017, 06:01:12 am »

Pie in the sky wish: an expansion where you get to play as an orc warband.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 27, 2017, 06:15:10 am »

Really like the game, but is aggravating that they called the first level of difficulty as "begginer" - as it is just the right ammount of challenge to not become boring or too broke your computer in anger after some low level bandit decapitates your lieutenant in one strike with a rusty dagger. The next level, veteran, is a bit abusive.

And for a game where you are supposed to start again a lot they should have varied starts, the one we got gets repetitive fast.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 27, 2017, 06:25:07 am »

Just how moddable is it?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 27, 2017, 08:24:52 am »

Really like the game, but is aggravating that they called the first level of difficulty as "begginer" - as it is just the right ammount of challenge to not become boring or too broke your computer in anger after some low level bandit decapitates your lieutenant in one strike with a rusty dagger. The next level, veteran, is a bit abusive.

And for a game where you are supposed to start again a lot they should have varied starts, the one we got gets repetitive fast.
I think that might be a function of experience with the game, because the main complaint that I've seen is that there really needs to be a difficulty between beginner and veteran - people are saying that beginner is a cakewalk, while veteran's too tough.

I will agree that a 'skip tutorial' button might be nice - just assume that the player rejected the first contract to kill Hoggert (or whatever his name is.)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 27, 2017, 04:00:24 pm »

I didn't play BB until launch (though I kept a passive eye on it for a while on it here, before then) and I'm finding beginner to be incredibly easy so far.

After a few false starts where I restarted after the first battle or two because I misunderstood mechanics and failed catastrophically, I'm 20 days into my first game and going pretty smoothly. No pitched battles, though I have had people die. Haven't even bought any equipment, outside of the first few basic pieces of clothing. Over all, I'd have to say that it falls on the 'too easy' side of the spectrum of beginner (and, based on the last few comments, veteran would've been a bad place to start). War dogs tend to make short work of everything, and they're readily disposable too.

What I find most lacking is a more robust autosave-- for a game like this, not saving whenever you leave/enter a city seems strange enough, but not saving after a combat? That's just bad. (Especially as I've crashed multiple times already.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 27, 2017, 04:11:30 pm »

Congrats developer you did It!

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 30, 2017, 12:32:43 pm »

What I find most lacking is a more robust autosave-- for a game like this, not saving whenever you leave/enter a city seems strange enough, but not saving after a combat? That's just bad. (Especially as I've crashed multiple times already.)

That's weird, I have autosaves after every combat in my game.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 30, 2017, 12:44:06 pm »

That's an ironman feature I believe
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Ludorum Rex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wizards and Warlords
« Reply #973 on: March 30, 2017, 01:05:33 pm »

There is an uhm, "way", to force an auto-save in Ironman. I've ALT-F4'ed out of combats because I had to no more time to play this session, and every time it would load very shortly before the combat.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 31, 2017, 04:41:01 am »

I think that might be a function of experience with the game, because the main complaint that I've seen is that there really needs to be a difficulty between beginner and veteran - people are saying that beginner is a cakewalk, while veteran's too tough.

I will agree that a 'skip tutorial' button might be nice - just assume that the player rejected the first contract to kill Hoggert (or whatever his name is.)

I'd agree with the difficulty. The jump from Beginner to Veteran is massive. Veteran in particular turns the early game, in my opinion, into a rather tedious grind.

I think a nice way of handling it would either be adding another level that ups encounter and enemy strength, but leaves payment amounts and sale prices intact. Or making it so Veteran does exactly that and only the next Difficulty Level also nerfs the amount of money you get. Doing both to a serious degree for the setting that represents "medium" seems harsh.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 98