Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What are the lyrics?  (Read 946 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
What are the lyrics?
« on: May 01, 2014, 03:38:57 am »

I love this song from Professor Shyguy, "Star Stuff." It's brilliant. I got it as part of one of the Groupees music bundles, and I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere else. On his bandcamp page, it isn't part of any of the albums. I've searched everywhere and it doesn't seem to exist outside of shady "mp3 buy" sites and one older version on a Myspace page. This seems a terrible shame, because it's an awesome song. I'm considering putting it on YouTube, just so people can hear it.

The Myspace version is outdated and the newer version is much better (the music is SO much nicer), but it will serve for the purposes of figuring out lyrics. https://myspace.com/professorshyguy/music/song/star-stuff-77809359-85723813
I have also uploaded my copy of Star Stuff. I hate to do it, but I genuinely cannot find any other source for this file. If anyone finds somewhere where it can be legitimately purchased, let me know and I'll link to that instead: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42410387788701481050

So, on to the reason for the thread. I've been trying to figure out the lyrics and I think I've got most of them, but there's a few spots I'm not sure about. Have a listen, have a look, and let me know if you can figure out the blank spots (or notice any mistakes). Other people are free to also post songs they're having trouble with the lyrics for, and we can work together to figure them out. Uncertain areas are either left "blank" with underscores or bolded/starred. The lyrics for the "demo" version I uploaded are slightly different and one verse is cut, but I've put the Myspace version here since it is longer.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are the lyrics?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 07:46:20 am »

Hawking Sagan Nye and Tyson...

Not sure about logs at the end of that line. Sounded more like Watts to me, but that doesn't really fit with the popularisers theme of the line either...