Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do i connect Isoworld with dfhack for higher detailed maps?  (Read 7729 times)

PanTheSatyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to connect isoworld with dfhack to create higher quality maps, but I can't manage to do so.

To generate higher detailed maps of your adventures, copy the contents of the hack folder into the hack folder of your DFHack R3 installation, then click connect while the game is running.

I have the latest version of LNP. I have only one hack folder which is inside the dwarf fortress folder, this is as far as i know dfhack itself.

I tried copying that folder into the isoworld folder but that seems to be wrong. There is no hack folder in my isoworld folder.

Could someone explain to me in detail which folder i have to copy?

Edit:

Figured it out.

I had to copy dfhack to /isoworld/isoworld/ ...

« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:46:15 pm by PanTheSatyr »

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do i connect Isoworld with dfhack for higher detailed maps?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 03:53:38 pm »

Did you put the "hack" folder into the isoworld folder, so that it's now \LNP\Utilities\Isoworld 2.0\isoworld\hack? or did you copy the contents of /hack into /isoworld/isoworld? or something else?

I tried it both ways and neither works for me, but maybe it's because I'm using r2 instead of r3 of LNP.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 03:56:38 pm by lowbart »
"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 04:24:10 pm »

I'm trying to connect isoworld with dfhack to create higher quality maps, but I can't manage to do so.

To generate higher detailed maps of your adventures, copy the contents of the hack folder into the hack folder of your DFHack R3 installation, then click connect while the game is running.
It sounds to me like you should copy the contents of the "hack" folder included with Isoworld into the "hack" folder in your DF installation.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 05:02:11 pm »

There is not a "hack" folder included with isoworld. I got the latest update and the thing I did before didn't work so I'm trying putting the contents of the isoworld folder into the dfhack "hack" folder. .... nope.

Okay, since /isoworld has some of the same subfolders as /hack, im guessing you need to copy the contents of /isoworld into /%dwarffortress%/hack, so that the plugins folders merge, etc.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 05:09:32 pm by lowbart »
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 05:18:06 pm »

Since 0.34.11r5, DFHack comes with already built-in isoworld plugin, so you don't need to copy anything. Just run isoworld app and hit "Connect" button.
Intelligent is a strong word to use around DF.
you're lucky it wasn't an adventurer.  I've heard they can bash your skull in by throwing water at you.  UNDERWATER

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 05:21:15 pm »

Since 0.34.11r5, DFHack comes with already built-in isoworld plugin, so you don't need to copy anything. Just run isoworld app and hit "Connect" button.

That doesn't work for me. I press connect, and I wait for several minutes and nothing happens. I'm on windows 7 SP1 64bit if that matters.

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 11:23:32 pm »

That doesn't work for me. I press connect, and I wait for several minutes and nothing happens. I'm on windows 7 SP1 64bit if that matters.
Check your "Dwarf Fortress\hack\plugins" folder. Is there "isoworldremote.plug.dll" file? And have you loaded maps (the "load map" button in isoworld) exported from DF legends mode?
you're lucky it wasn't an adventurer.  I've heard they can bash your skull in by throwing water at you.  UNDERWATER

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 01:29:37 am »

All right yeah I did already have the isoworldremote dll in the hack folder. Maybe my problem was that I wasn't loading the world map from the exported images first, because on 40.10 that was crashing isoworld, and the way these instructions are written it sounds like all I needed to do was hit "connect" so that it would load just the embark not the entire planet. So I spent an hour waiting for my maps to export and I'm trying again.

Okay, it worked! But only in adventure mode. I'm not sure if fort mode is supposed to work. But if you want a nice pic of your embark, it's easy enough to copy the save, retire the fort, start an adventurer at that fort, and then load.

So what I did was copy the contents of /isoworld into /%dwarffortress%/hack, run isoworld.exe and load the maps, run the game and start an adventurer, then click "connect" then "follow" on isoworld and switch to oversized mode.

Oddly it renders the white of the snow-covered trees but ignores the snow-covered ground. Oh well. It's beautiful :) *sniff*

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 05:42:34 pm »

Okay, it worked! But only in adventure mode. I'm not sure if fort mode is supposed to work.
Fort mode should definitely work. Worked for me, at least.

Freak2121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 09:26:18 pm »

Those aren't snow covered trees. Those are trees with no values for their color, since the materials are new.

I took care of this issue a while back.