Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress; Live! (Twitch Streaming)  (Read 4838 times)

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress; Live! Give me a WorldGen and watch the Fun!
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 06:15:19 am »

Monday 31st March Recap

Well, er... tonight's stream can really be summed up in two screenshots.

Spoiler: Oh nooooo! (click to show/hide)

They managed to be run off after killing 5 dwarfs and I once again re-assembled my military. Luckily two migrant waves brought us up to 114 or so adults.

Spoiler: Interesting Times (click to show/hide)

Yes, there's a maddwarf running around babbling after one of his tantrums broke our depot (there was a rush to rebuild once I realised). And a new bucket, which will be useful if I ever decide I want a new well somewhere.

Apart from those events we've had more naked dwarf issues (I've kicked clothiers into gear), some newborns, some animals born and turkey poults stationed out by the edges of the maps. Still no sign of iron ore, although I'm starting my miners off on more exploration and digging to try and find some. I refuse to use prospect, if it's not there, I might never know.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 08:35:49 pm by Ledi »
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 10:06:27 pm »

Tuesday April 1st Recap

Nothing even noteworthy of screenshotting happened this stream, I count myself lucky. XD I think my FPS is starting to drop, I may have to run some DFHack tweaks to clean the place up and see if that can boost things a little. There's so many broken bolts strewn around the countryside, it's so messy.

We had a few births, a mad dwarf finally dehydrating, two thieves getting chased out and the human caravan came. That started a wonderful little dance of "WHY ISN'T MY BROKER BROKERING?!" and switching brokers until eventually I gave up and said anyone could trade. Got seeds, booze and cloth from them but as always their clothes are too large.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 08:35:57 pm by Ledi »
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2014, 01:19:22 am »

I do apologise for the lack of recaps this week, as much as I'm enjoying the streaming, the recap tends to drag on and take a while. From this week onwards I'm going to be changing the recap to weekly, probably on Thursday nights (gives me a couple of days to put screenies together)

Last week's screens have... disappeared. As in they're not in their folder. I am unhappy.

To quickly recap, we had a siege on Monday. It wasn't fun. They left eventually. We also had random disappearing merchants, which was annoying because I needed that dwarven gear.

On the up (?) side, we're now a barony!

There'll be a stream tonight, wherein I shall attempt to pick up the pieces from the siege. Due to Daylight Savings ending our clocks went back one hour, not entirely sure what theat means for the US time.

BilbyCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2014, 04:23:55 am »

Unfortunately due to a lack of Internet, Ledi will not be able to stream tonight.  Hopefully tomorrow's stream will occur as scheduled.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2014, 04:20:38 am »

I'm really sorry, but recaps are going to have to fall by the wayside. I tried this week, but there's only so much I remember from what happens, and it takes more time than I'm able to spare at the moment when added to the stream itself.

The streams aren't going anywhere, I just won't be screenshotting to recap.

Also, Monday's stream won't be happening as I'm going off to see Captain America 2. Tonight and Tuesday will though!
Pages: 1 2 [3]