Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: MW questions  (Read 3272 times)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: MW questions
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 09:35:04 am »

Pick your favorite ranged weapon-ammo set and only make those, melt/destroy everything else. If Marksdwarves have only one weapon to pick from then they will only use those weapons and you won't have this problem.

*Shudders at the thought of more than 2 fire-mages*

It's really just picking a magic sphere and tailoring your economy to it; what I do is set up 5-8 stockpiles near the school/altars for the specific reagents. (Platinum bars, paper, and orichalcum bars plus the reagents for joining the specific schools) For fire you'd need to make a concentrated effort to acquire surplus obsidian, coke, oil, and ash; so I'd suggest embarking on a volcano and also farming pig-tails and tree saplings. (Volcano for easier access to obsidian and less coke-use, crops for renewable oil and logs to burn.) Alternative to a volcano embark, you could use magmalings and waterlings to build an obsidian "farm"; alternative to everything I just said, focus on whatever industries you're best at and just trade for the reagents. There's lots of options for everything, really.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2014, 11:38:47 am »

I'm on a map made mostly out of obsidian, with peat so unlimited coke, and enough trees to sustain me for a while :D. Crops seem to be incredibly slow....

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2014, 10:27:41 am »

I have a basic starter question of my own...

Looking over the installation guide, I am guessing that I cannot get MW and continue the game I have already started, correct?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2014, 11:47:04 am »

Looking over the installation guide, I am guessing that I cannot get MW and continue the game I have already started, correct?
yes, thats correct. you need to gen a new world.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2014, 11:49:12 am »

yes, thats correct. you need to gen a new world.
Thanks Meph. Guess I'll just wait to have more Fun now before I worry about MW.
Pages: 1 2 [3]