Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grazing strangeness  (Read 887 times)

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Grazing strangeness
« on: March 05, 2014, 11:02:28 am »

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with  my grazing.  My auroch cows grazed fine on the surface grass.  When I popped the first cavern, I noticed that my below-ground peat floors were not growing grass as usual (though shrubs and fungiwoods were growing there).  In the cavern itself, there was grass, so I pastured my  auroch cows there.  They quickly got hungry - they did not move to the grass, the grass did not disappear from being eaten, and they got their hungry down arrow.  When I moved them back up to the surface they grazed fine.  Any thoughts on what's wrong down in the caverns? I have cavern flavor turned off, if that might be related.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Grazing strangeness
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 11:06:39 am »

Meph probably set them to only eat surface grass, just like how vanilla pandas can only eat bamboo.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 12:25:55 pm »

Meph probably set them to only eat surface grass, just like how vanilla pandas can only eat bamboo.

I didn't know that was a thing! Is there an easy way to find out which animals can only graze on the surface?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 12:18:15 pm »

i did not... but aurochs are from orc fortress maybe smakemupagus did this... usually cavern moss should be fine.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::