Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: An intelligent conversation on the "paranormal"  (Read 13909 times)

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
  • What?! I've never even heard of 4chan!
    • View Profile
An intelligent conversation on the "paranormal"
« on: March 05, 2014, 10:14:24 pm »

This is not a conspiracy theory ramble like you might find on /x/. This is an intelligent conversation on the possibility of paranormal phenomena. Do you believe in UFOs, ghosts, the lock ness monster, or anything paranormal at all? I don't, but many of my close family members and friends do. I think it's all kind of stupid to be honest.
Insert something that would make you think I'm clever here

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: An intelligent conversation on the "paranormal"
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 10:19:09 pm »

Well lets face it, gigantopithecus is predicted to have gone extinct as recently as 100,000 years ago, a blink of an eye in terms of species. Who knows, maybe there are still some out there?  :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 10:19:24 pm »

I deliberately keep my views on the matter ambiguous, as that's the only real way that your belief can be validated. Doublethink of a sort.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 10:35:46 pm »

inb4 raging circlejerk

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 10:37:05 pm »

inb4 raging circlejerk
I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 10:37:36 pm »

inb4 raging circlejerk
I'm not sure what you're getting at.
You'll see in about 3 pages.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 10:38:28 pm »

I am rational to a fault when it comes to the paranormal. I wish there was such a thing as ghosts or spirits or an afterlife or something (for my own peace of mind) but I have no reason to believe that is the case. I am suspicious of UFOs and I am also suspicious of the existence of cryptids.

Forgive me for correcting you OP but the main reason I'm posting is to inform you that the correct spelling is "Loch", pronounced like the "kh" in "Khrushchev" or "Akhbar", or like the German "ch".

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 10:41:33 pm »

Sorry about the spelling I know how its spelled it was just a typo.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 10:42:28 pm »

Forgive me for correcting you OP but the main reason I'm posting is to inform you that the correct spelling is "Loch", pronounced like the "kh" in "Khrushchev" or "Akhbar", or like the German "ch".

I was gonna mention, but...

Also - saying "loch ness monster is from lake loch lomond" is also wrong because a loch = lake. also idk why nessy would be from loch lomond. i guess bc everytime i go there i look for dragons and see only ducks.

* Caz shimmies out of thread

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 10:47:20 pm »

Also - saying "loch ness monster is from lake loch lomond" is also wrong because a loch = lake. also idk why nessy would be from loch lomond. i guess bc everytime i go there i look for dragons and see only ducks.

Indeed, why would Nessie be in Loch Lomond? She'd have succumbed by now surely from all the pollution caused by scabit Neds from the cities back in the '90s, out to drink a few cans of Tennants by the bonnie, bonnie banks and dispose of a weapon or two. Maybe a joyridden/ramraided vauxhall cavalier.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:59:42 pm by Owlbread »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 10:55:27 pm »

Indeed, why would Nessie be in Loch Lomond? She'd have succumbed by now surely from all the pollution caused by scabit Neds from the cities back in the '90s, out to drink a few cans of buckfast by the loch and dispose of a weapon or two. Maybe a joyridden/ramraided vauxhall cavalier.

Hey mate, coming to the loch and drinking a four-pack of 9% lightning-type cider is pretty much a scottish right of passage. You must be a tory bastard to claim otherwise, and who heard of bucky coming in cans? Lynch Owlbread tbh.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 10:58:54 pm »

Hey mate, coming to the loch and drinking a four-pack of 9% lightning-type cider is pretty much a scottish right of passage. You must be a tory bastard to claim otherwise, and who heard of bucky coming in cans? Lynch Owlbread tbh.

"Cans"... I'm so embarrassed. I meant to write 'Tennents' but my mind was all over the place at 4am. By all means lynch me for that catastrophic indiscretion,  I deserve it.

Good god in Govan that was awful. What came over me? One minute I'm myself, then the next some kind of snobbish teuchter wank who thinks Frosty Jack is the focus of a Christmas carol.

EDIT: Now I'm misspelling "tennents" and that was the wrong drink in the first place. Doesn't even work. Look, fuck it, I've had a massive brain fart.

We must never speak of this again.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:27:53 pm by Owlbread »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 11:03:19 pm »

I like to call bogus on most things people consider "paranormal," if only because I feel that most of the time it's just our senses deceiving us about otherwise natural phenomenon, whether we understand said phenomena or not.

Of course, criptids like bigfoot I wouldn't really consider paranormal so much as I'd call them animals, regardless of whether or not they're made up or do exist and we're just terrible at providing reasonable evidence, and I suppose I wouldn't mind being presented with a dead bigfoot or similarly reliable evidence. Something like the Jersey Devil, though, is wacky enough to be called paranormal.

Aliens and UFOs are, well... bullshit, in most of cases.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 11:17:18 pm »

They sweeped those lakes thoroughly, no sign of the monster was ever found. The only accounts are typically suspicious for one reason or another.

As is true for pretty much everything else paranormal.

There's a prize for showing pretty much any kind of supernatural abilities in a laboratory setting, it's completely unclaimed despite existing since 1964 and having increased to One Million Dollars in size.

There are in fact a great many similar prizes, absolutely all of them are unclaimed. Nobody has ever certifiably demonstrated anything supernatural.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7