Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]

Author Topic: Copyright General (Calm discussion only please)  (Read 38631 times)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Copyright General (Calm discussion only please)
« Reply #525 on: February 27, 2013, 04:24:23 pm »

That sounds like a desperate idea, considering Hadopi will most probably be cancelled. "Hey, they're discussing how to fire us, but let's continue with stupid ideas".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 28, 2013, 11:50:26 am »

I've been worried about these Six Strikes laws since I first heard about them. On one hand, I know that it will certainly have a negative effect on any business that implements them, and with luck the Free Market will self-correct it like you guys say. That's not what worries me, though. The scary thing is that we now have extrajudicial councils of corporations, such as this Center for Copyright Information composed of major Communications and Media Corporations, coming together to make what amounts to their own private laws, investigation methods, and punishments. Welcome to the Modern Monopoly, I suppose.

Investigating and punishing suspected cases of copyright protection is the job of the government and law-enforcement officials, not entertainment and communications businesses. "Six Strikes" is an anti-piracy measure I would consider if the decision to implement it came from a governmental authority, after they gave sufficient consideration to legal precedent, constitutionality, and the invasion of privacy that that would represent. However, in the modern world, where internet access is such a vital service for anyone who wants to have a job, go to school, or participate in society in general... I'm very concerned that a group of businesses have taken it on themselves to exercise their control of this resource to institute their own laws.

BRB guys. I'mma go Vlog about this. :I
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:04:12 pm by Solifuge »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 09, 2013, 10:28:17 am »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 09, 2013, 10:59:22 am »

Predictions?
Here's the PDF they want to base their changes upon. Turns out that the parts which really matter (fair use and copyright durations) won't really change much at all. I'm very disappointed already, and I predict this won't get any better.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 15, 2014, 01:18:05 pm »

I predict this won't get any better.
It has not, infact, gotten any better. Have a link that links to a few more detailed links, Copyright thread.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]