Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Void Wizards in Voidland [Turn 4: Togetherness]  (Read 6842 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Void Wizards in Voidland [Turn 4: Togetherness]
« on: March 07, 2014, 07:01:16 pm »

You are a wizard trapped in a void dimension. That's okay though, because you're a wizard and void dimensions are easily manipulated.

Spoiler: Goal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Requirements (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Amber (click to show/hide)

Signup Sheet
Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b] What you call yourself
[b]Appearance:[/b] You're a mighty wizard, so there's certainly some leeway here.
[b]Personality:[/b] What your noodles are like.
[b]Goals:[/b] What you plan to do now that you're here.
[b]Other:[/b] Anything else we should know about you. How and why you're a wizard in a void dimension, for instance.

Six players, not first come first served. Those with interesting goals are more likely to be selected. I doubt we'll make use of a waitlist, but I'll track one just in case. Maybe if a lot of our wizards decide to breach the veil and leave the game with their servants to go exact vengeance or something.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 09:44:28 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Void Wizards in Voidland [0/6 Slots, Not FCFS]
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 07:01:51 pm »

Player List
-Aaron Ray, Reckless Idealist (IronTomato)
-Matt Rossė, WIZARD (dewboy)
-Danielle Wrythwia, Dreamseeker Medium (DarkArtemisFowl)
-Victor Alden, Kindly Vitalist (ReDeadEr)
-Jim Tam Jones, Arrogant Perfectionist (Harry Baldman)
-Stephen Cook, Gambling Hedonist (HmH)

Waitlist
-Felicia Hasting, Deranged Leomancer (Samarkand)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:08:17 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 07:02:26 pm »

Encyclopedia
There is nothing. Our six wizards haven't even arrived yet.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 07:43:23 pm »

Name: Aaron Ray
Appearance: He is young, with light green eyes and long, blonde straight hair.
Personality: Slightly insane, he has extremely radical ideals, and doesn't enjoy pointless small talk. He's always ranting about something important.
Goals: The Earth is flawed. He plans to come here, and establish a perfect utopia where who or what you are doesn't matter.
Other: Even though he has a good amount of maturity and discipline, he is reckless and often overestimates himself.

This alright? I suck at catchy names.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:48:28 pm by IronTomato »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 08:01:31 pm »

Seems fine. Names are a difficult thing to quantify, though.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 08:21:18 pm »

Name:Matt Rossė
Appearance: Very old and wizened. Blad with piercing gray eyes and a long droopy mustache
Personality: Completely sane (for the most part) and intent on his own purposes
Goals: Bend reality to the point of making the GM give up
Other: He's here because he does what he wants, when he wants, and because he wants to.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 08:31:57 pm »

Name: Danielle Wrythwia (Yes I know I'm reusing a character, but let's just assume this is non-canon)
Appearance: Female. Pale skin, thin body and average height. Dark magenta eyes and light blonde hair. Wears a red vest and a dress that has been cut at the midriff and substitutes the lower part with torn jeans. Looks to be a teenager, age unknown. Though, considering the nature of wizards, she could be any age.
Personality: Very unstable personality. Keeps to herself often, though she has trouble controlling what she says. Was born with autism. She's pretty much a masochist and somewhat of a sadist, though she has a happy side.

Most importantly, she does not dream.
Goals: To practice within this new void, and learn what powers she can muster within herself. Also, to find out the meaning of dreaming. A friend who died long ago told her that she must learn the powers of dreams if she is to continue with her journey. This is her chance to do so.
Other: She was thrown in here to practice her powers as a Medium. Before, she mostly dealt with destruction and the physical limits of a wizard. Now, she gets the chance to mess around with her own abilities as a Medium. (Again, non-canon)

((By the way, is this a reboot of the "Gods in the void" thing you had going before?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 08:44:25 pm »

(Yes I know I'm reusing a character, but let's just assume this is non-canon)
I didn't.

((By the way, is this a reboot of the "Gods in the void" thing you had going before?))
The basic concept is one I've done at least once before, but it doesn't bear any particular relation to any previous works.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 08:49:06 pm »

(Yes I know I'm reusing a character, but let's just assume this is non-canon)
I didn't.
((No, no, I meant my own character. I mean... basically I was doing a little thing where every individual character I entered in an RTD was tied in to the rest through their stories relating to "Roll to Medium" and "Special People." This particular character was already in another RtD (two actually), so I'm just pointing out that this is not the particular path that she takes in her official backstory.))

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 09:17:30 pm »

Name: Victor Alden
Appearance: An old man with a long, wizardly beard wearing what at one time must've been a fancy and respectable wizard robe, which has been patched and sewn back together so many times it looks more like a quilt than anything.
Personality: Calm and collected in all but the most extreme situations, Kind, with a tendency to dote on those younger than him.
Goals: He plans to seek out a way to cure or prevent death, and a way to give such a cure to others.
Other: He originally wound up in the Void as the result of magical accident in his researching a cure for death, but rather than wishing to return home, he sees the chance to seek out his goal in an environment as malleable as the void as a boon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 04:15:35 am »

Name: Jim Tam Jones
Appearance: it tends to vary. His two main forms are those of an old, naked, hairy, floating fat man and a beautiful, very exquisitely clothed floating woman, and it is between these two forms that he tends to shift depending on his mood. These two forms have variations of their own, with subtle changes in their appearance depending on the circumstances of the shift.
Personality: Jim Tam Jones prefers his noodles to address him by his full name, or at least call him Tammy when he looks like a lady. He also likes his noodles to be delicately arranged with both taste and style, and expects them to taste nothing short of spectacular when he is served any, since his body no longer actually requires food. He never really was a big fan of noodles, anyway. Especially when he hadn't made them himself - he is the sort that does not trust other people's noodles to meet any of his standards of quality.
Goals: Jim Tam Jones finds the mortal world to be woefully imperfect and faulty, as it was not made by himself - he feels he could do a much better job given a whole lot of magic, time and inclination. Perfect the very idea of a world, even. The possibilities within the void are limitless.
Other: Jim Tam Jones hates it when people ask him questions, and it was because of this that he came here in the first place. They were all like "Mighty Jim Tam Jones, why do you not cure any of the world's problems, huh?" and Jim Tam Jones was all like "Go away," and sent the asker to a void dimension. Then he had this idea, and decided to remove the asker from the dimension, and instead go there himself. Now Jim Tam Jones feels much happier.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 12:09:52 pm »

Name: Stephen Cook
Appearance: An obese, red-faced, bald man with a deep voice and a greying full beard. He is wearing a skin-tight grey suit with a glass bulb for a helmet. He makes for a pretty disturbing sight in this apparel.
Personality: Stephen's personality can be described in two words: creative and thrill-seeking. He likes other people's company, even when they're trying to kill him; in his experience, the rush of battle is one of the few things that never get old. And if there's anything Stephen hates, it's boredom; in fact, he's quite likely to take unnecessary risks just to see if losing the gamble gets him someplace interesting.
Goals: Stephen is a hedonist, so he spends most of his time getting the best sensations possible out of his current situation. In the void dimension, it would generally mean creating exciting new things. Rivers of wine! Mounds of truffles! Water slides that stretch on for miles! Being stranded in the void sounds so fun.
Other: Like always, Stephen's thrill-seeking was what got him into this. When he entered the temple of Aoskar and bellowed to the high priest, "SURPRISE ME!", he half-expected to end up on the bottom of the ocean. He was pleasantly surprised when the portal he jumped through spat him out into the endless expanses of a void dimension.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 02:20:05 pm by HmH »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 09:12:02 pm »

Turn 0: Flashes of Difference

Six flashes of... something ring out in the void. Six wizards stand (well, float) ready to do things. They notice each other in the distance, close enough to reach instantly yet far enough to not be in the way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Void Wizards in Voidland [Turn 0: Flashes of Difference]
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 10:27:37 pm »

Ptw

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Void Wizards in Voidland [Turn 0: Flashes of Difference]
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 11:09:25 pm »

Stephen took off his helmet and roared with laughter, his belly - or rather, his entire body - shaking like a bowl of jelly.
"This is getting better and better! Hey there, neighbors! You liking it here, too?"

Major: create an idyllic landscape with abundant plantlife and a clear, quick stream running through it.

Minor: create a lavish purple bathrobe with matching slippers as replacement for my current attire.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4