Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Void Wizards in Voidland [Turn 4: Togetherness]  (Read 6841 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Void Wizards in Voidland [Turn 0: Flashes of Difference]
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 01:33:42 am »

Tammy looks around the dimension, and, much to his displeasure, finds there to be other people here. This revelation is enough to put him back into floating fat guy mode. Damn it all.

Major Action: create a tile of hummus!

Minor Action: create a journal in my hand along with something to write with.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 04:26:34 am »

((Alright, IronyOwl, tradition demands that I ask you vaguely munchkinish questions right after the game's start. Sorry.

Question 1: are we allowed to manufacture Amber as a Major Action?

Question 2: does Order Minions action allow us to give orders to only one minion unit per turn, or as many as we want to?

Question 3: is moving a free action? Is it rolled for?))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:33:42 am by HmH »

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 01:08:17 pm »

Major Action: Create light source (maybe a smallish sun)

Minor Action: Create a single clear gemstone ready to be imbued with whatever I need (Like a container for magical power)

((If my minor actually counts as a major, just perform the minor))

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 07:08:33 pm »

((Alright, IronyOwl, tradition demands that I ask you vaguely munchkinish questions right after the game's start. Sorry.

Question 1: are we allowed to manufacture Amber as a Major Action?

Question 2: does Order Minions action allow us to give orders to only one minion unit per turn, or as many as we want to?

Question 3: is moving a free action? Is it rolled for?))
((Good man.

1. No. You could theoretically manufacture special materials to use for similar purposes, though.

2. Just one. Logistics and bureaucracy are real pains.

3. Movement is a free, unrolled action for you. It may get more complicated for minions, but still shouldn't be rolled for unless they're trying to do something tricky.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 07:18:27 pm »

Major Action: Create a variety of floating islands with green grass on them. Preferably with waterfalls among them, though that can come later if need be.
Minor Action: Create a journal for myself also, along with a glass pen.

Danielle took notice of those around her. They were an odd bunch, for sure, but they probably wouldn't get in the way of her work.
If they did, she could take care of them quickly.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 08:07:43 pm »

Major action: summon a single large floating island.
Minor action: move it to a somewhat isolated area.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 08:43:12 pm »

ptw
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 02:32:27 am »

Major Action: Create a simple grassy field.
Minor Action: Create a logbook to record the findings of my research in.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 04:12:09 pm »

Turn 1: Composite

Stephen took off his helmet and roared with laughter, his belly - or rather, his entire body - shaking like a bowl of jelly.
"This is getting better and better! Hey there, neighbors! You liking it here, too?"

Major: create an idyllic landscape with abundant plantlife and a clear, quick stream running through it.

Minor: create a lavish purple bathrobe with matching slippers as replacement for my current attire.

[4] Your attempts at creating an idyllic, plant-filled land with a stream through it doesn't go as planned, and you end up with some rich, wet silt instead. Seems creating multiple materials, such as water and soil, tend to mix in the attempt, and you don't seem to be able to will life out of nothingness. Will probably have to cook it up the old-fashioned way.

[2] You create a long purple scarf. Possibly for the best, it doesn't appear to replace your current clothes, and it seems less "real" than they are. Curious.

+Warpforged Purple Scarf

Tammy looks around the dimension, and, much to his displeasure, finds there to be other people here. This revelation is enough to put him back into floating fat guy mode. Damn it all.

Major Action: create a tile of hummus!

Minor Action: create a journal in my hand along with something to write with.

[1] You create what appears to be a tile of gravy.

[2] You create a note and piece of charcoal, perfect for asking someone nearby if they like you. They seem less "real" than your current attire or even the gravy.

+Warpforged Note and Charcoal

Major Action: Create light source (maybe a smallish sun)

Minor Action: Create a single clear gemstone ready to be imbued with whatever I need (Like a container for magical power)

((If my minor actually counts as a major, just perform the minor))
[6] AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem. That is to say, your tile of incandescently white furnace is operational. It lights up the area around itself quite nicely.

[4] You create a twenty-sided clear gemstone the size of your fist. It should hold magical energies well enough, but it seems less "real" than you, your clothes, or your star.

+Warpforged Battery Gem
+Light Amber

((After some thought, Amber is now gained on a [5] or a [6].))

Major Action: Create a variety of floating islands with green grass on them. Preferably with waterfalls among them, though that can come later if need be.
Minor Action: Create a journal for myself also, along with a glass pen.

Danielle took notice of those around her. They were an odd bunch, for sure, but they probably wouldn't get in the way of her work.
If they did, she could take care of them quickly.
[4] Your efforts to make a variety of grassy, waterfall-filled islands results in a single tile of fairly large chunks of fertile, moist, and easily broken down chunks of soil. It's a peculiar effect, presumably from your attempts at doing several things at once being concentrated into a single result.

[1] You create a glass hand mirror. It's strangely ephemeral, like it's less "real" than you, your clothes, or even the island you just made.

+Warpforged Hand Mirror

Major action: summon a single large floating island.
Minor action: move it to a somewhat isolated area.
[4] You summon a tile of dirt.

[5] You try to nudge it in the right direction, but it doesn't do anything. You do, however, realize why- distance here only really exists in relation to everything else, so tapping it like you would an object on a slippery surface isn't going to do anything in this void. You'd have to focus on increasing the distance between it and specific other objects instead, which isn't the same thing in here.

+1 Research Amber

Major Action: Create a simple grassy field.
Minor Action: Create a logbook to record the findings of my research in.
[1] You create a solid black rock slab.

[3] You create a thin notepad and accompanying quill. They seem less "real" than you or anything around you.

+Warpforged Notepad and Quill

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Void Wizards in Voidland [Turn 1: Composite]
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 04:27:20 pm »

Jim Tam Jones was most pleased with the magnificent tile he had made. With only this gravy Jim Tam Jones shall create things never before dreamed of! In fact, that is exactly what he wrote in his journal.

Gravy??? Jim Tam Jones wrote, then followed it up with Gravy!!!

These were sure to be very influential notes, Jim Tam Jones thought in his infinite wisdom at first, but then decided that something was missing. Having considered it for a moment, Jim Tam Jones added another exclamation mark to the powerful statement.

Major Action: if the tile is not actually gravy (taste it to be sure), make it so! If it is gravy, improve its nutritional value!

Minor Action: summon more notes to write my immense wisdom upon!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 05:25:52 pm »

"Hm. This world is harder to change than I thought. Oh well, challenge just makes it more interesting!"

Major Action: build a life-creation-oriented workshop on the current tile.

Minor Action: warpforge a shovel for easier collection of silt.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:28:44 pm by HmH »

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 08:43:51 pm »

"Hmm... Not quite what I was going for, but I suppose I can leave worrying about aesthetics for later."

Major Action: Construct a lab to conduct my research in.

Minor Action: Try to improve my logbook a bit. At the very least, try to make it a bit closer to "real" than it currently is.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 09:41:51 pm »

((Further questions:

Question 1: Are our creations in this world limited by conventional physics and biology? In a hypothetical scenario where someone succesfully uses necromancy to raise a few barrels' worth of crude oil, does the resulting undead-shoggoth-thingy have the capacity to move despite having no muscles or bones?

Question 2: can we get bonuses to certain actions - upgrading structures, for example - by crafting tools? Can non-complex things, like shovels and picks, give us bonuses? Can we pass on the bonuses to our minions if we give them the tools in question?))
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 07:21:10 am by HmH »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 06:50:55 am »

"Hmm... Most peculiar."
Major Action: Erect a building, to use as a laboratory. (Magic laboratory?)
Minor Action: Grow grass on the dirt.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 08:13:03 am »

Matt was happy with his light-source-thing. But it needed some... improving.
Major action:Make a focusing lens and place it around the Light Source

Minor action: Place the battery in the path of the beam.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4