Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Void Wizards in Voidland [Turn 4: Togetherness]  (Read 6855 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Void Wizards in Voidland [Turn 1: Composite]
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 10:35:35 am »

Danielle hated mirrors, but didn't want to waste her newly created object, so she kept the mirror by her side.
Major Action: Create water on the islands. If possible, turn these into waterfalls.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2014, 11:19:51 am »

I know you said you had little interest in a waitlist, but this looks like too much fun, so I figured I'd submit my name anyway.
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2014, 09:57:04 am »

((Come on, Irony, don't kill this game too. The Void needs you. It looks up to you.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2014, 10:03:45 am »

((What HmH said! You run GREAT stuff Irony! Dx))

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2014, 10:05:34 am »

((I think it might be my luck's fault. Wherever I go a stream of bullcrap follows behind.

But patience, anyway.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2014, 01:14:06 pm »

Turn 2: Drama

Jim Tam Jones was most pleased with the magnificent tile he had made. With only this gravy Jim Tam Jones shall create things never before dreamed of! In fact, that is exactly what he wrote in his journal.

Gravy??? Jim Tam Jones wrote, then followed it up with Gravy!!!

These were sure to be very influential notes, Jim Tam Jones thought in his infinite wisdom at first, but then decided that something was missing. Having considered it for a moment, Jim Tam Jones added another exclamation mark to the powerful statement.

Major Action: if the tile is not actually gravy (taste it to be sure), make it so! If it is gravy, improve its nutritional value!

Minor Action: summon more notes to write my immense wisdom upon!

Mmmm, gravy...

[4] That confirmed, you increase its nutritional value. Now you can have gravy for EVERY meal!

[5] You summon a flurry of pink post-it notes, swirling around you like dramatic cherry blossoms.

+Warpforged Pink Post-It Note Flurry
+Sempai Amber

"Hm. This world is harder to change than I thought. Oh well, challenge just makes it more interesting!"

Major Action: build a life-creation-oriented workshop on the current tile.

Minor Action: warpforge a shovel for easier collection of silt.

[1] You sort of get carried away with the manipulation of life and end up with a necromantic siltstone lab. Oops?

[3] You will yourself a compact hand shovel.

+Warpforged Utility Shovel

"Hmm... Not quite what I was going for, but I suppose I can leave worrying about aesthetics for later."

Major Action: Construct a lab to conduct my research in.

Minor Action: Try to improve my logbook a bit. At the very least, try to make it a bit closer to "real" than it currently is.
[3] You get a little lazy, and end up with more of a cluttered study than a proper laboratory.

[1] There is no spoon logbook.

-Warpforged Notepad and Quill

"Hmm... Most peculiar."
Major Action: Erect a building, to use as a laboratory. (Magic laboratory?)
Minor Action: Grow grass on the dirt.
[5] You make a fancy lab with tables and beakers and a summoning circle and everything.

[6] You end up stuffing yourself into the ground. In retrospect, carefully cultivating life in a specialized laboratory sounds like a better plan for making grass.

+Research Amber
+Burrowing Amber

Matt was happy with his light-source-thing. But it needed some... improving.
Major action:Make a focusing lens and place it around the Light Source

Minor action: Place the battery in the path of the beam.

[4] You make a focusing lens, and put it near the star.

[3] The gem ends up storing some light energy, but it's not very good at it, probably because the light itself isn't magical.

+Warpforged Battery Gem (Weak Light)

Danielle hated mirrors, but didn't want to waste her newly created object, so she kept the mirror by her side.
Major Action: Create water on the islands. If possible, turn these into waterfalls.
[6] You create water on the island, but there's no place for it to really go to make a waterfall.

Oh wait! Yes there is. You're sure dumping it into the Void will have no side effects.

+Water Amber

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((EDIT: Whoops, forgot Amber. Added.))

I know you said you had little interest in a waitlist, but this looks like too much fun, so I figured I'd submit my name anyway.
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Added just in case.

((Further questions:

Question 1: Are our creations in this world limited by conventional physics and biology? In a hypothetical scenario where someone succesfully uses necromancy to raise a few barrels' worth of crude oil, does the resulting undead-shoggoth-thingy have the capacity to move despite having no muscles or bones?

Question 2: can we get bonuses to certain actions - upgrading structures, for example - by crafting tools? Can non-complex things, like shovels and picks, give us bonuses? Can we pass on the bonuses to our minions if we give them the tools in question?))
1. I wouldn't say magic solves everything, but ambulatory goo is certainly feasible.

2. Depends on what you mean by "bonuses." Allowing more complex actions is sort of a given, bonuses to rolls are less likely. Simple tools can give bonuses to simple actions, though since most of your simple actions are probably using wizardry they're of questionable utility. I might let you bypass rolling entirely if you tried to do something reasonable in a completely mundane fashion. Minions can get bonuses from tools, especially since they'll probably have to use them instead of their absurd wizard-magic, but of course most of them would probably need several.

((The Void needs you. It looks up to you.))
Hue.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:23:36 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Void Wizards in Voidland [Turn 2: Drama]
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2014, 02:00:05 pm »

Major Action: create a race of hopefully vaguely sentient gravy women! This is something that must be according to the will of Jim Tam Jones.

Minor Action: create elaborately anachronistic, respectable school uniform for self. Wear it if successful

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2014, 06:15:49 pm »

"...Well, then. Not exactly the most auspicious start, but I shall press on."

Major Action: Improve the Lab. The current conditions are hardly ideal for my needs.

Minor Action: Try at making a new logbook. Hopefully, this one will be a good deal less temporary.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2014, 06:39:58 pm »

"When life gives you silt, make golems!"
Major Action: transport a human-sized pile of silt into the lab, animate it as a carbosilicate amorph highly plastic silt golem.

Minor Action: pull my domain towards Matt Rosse's light plane.

((Just think about it: silt contains a lot of microscopic skeletons. In a way, imbuing a pile of silt with unlife is kinda like reanimating a single, coordinated horde containing thousands of zombies. What could be cooler than that?))
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:26:47 pm by HmH »

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2014, 08:14:08 pm »

"Hey," Ross shouts, "Does anyone want to... team up? I have a a very large flashlight we can use for stuff and things. Maybe a little partnership?"

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2014, 09:03:54 pm »

"Hey," Ross shouts, "Does anyone want to... team up? I have a a very large flashlight we can use for stuff and things. Maybe a little partnership?"
"Sure, neighbor, sure! I'll get my plane closer. You can use my lab, I can use your light. Fair enough?"

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2014, 09:24:27 pm »

"Sure, neighbor, sure! I'll get my plane closer. You can use my lab, I can use your light. Fair enough?"
"Sounds good to me"
Major Action: Assist Stephen if he needs help

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2014, 11:00:08 am »

"Well, this is a delicate situation indeed."

Major Action: Try and create plants in the laboratory.

Minor Action: Teleport self out of ground (do this first, if possible).

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2014, 09:56:14 pm »

Turn 3: Success!

Major Action: create a race of hopefully vaguely sentient gravy women! This is something that must be according to the will of Jim Tam Jones.

Minor Action: create elaborately anachronistic, respectable school uniform for self. Wear it if successful

[4] Through methods foul, fair, and occasionally involving your shoes, you manage to create gravy women. They never fully surface from the gravy, nor do they lavish you with praise for your brilliance, making their sentience doubtful.

[6] Your sailor's fuku is supremely kawaii.

+Warpforged Ultrakawaii School Uniform
+1 Sempai Amber

"...Well, then. Not exactly the most auspicious start, but I shall press on."

Major Action: Improve the Lab. The current conditions are hardly ideal for my needs.

Minor Action: Try at making a new logbook. Hopefully, this one will be a good deal less temporary.
[3] You straighten it into an organized study.

[5] You make a permanent logbook, by making it out of the stone your current tile is made of.

+Dark Stone Logtablet
+1 Research Amber

"When life gives you silt, make golems!"
Major Action: transport a human-sized pile of silt into the lab, animate it as a carbosilicate amorph highly plastic silt golem.

Minor Action: pull my domain towards Matt Rosse's light plane.

((Just think about it: silt contains a lot of microscopic skeletons. In a way, imbuing a pile of silt with unlife is kinda like reanimating a single, coordinated horde containing thousands of zombies. What could be cooler than that?))
[6] Your particular brand of silt appears to be either bereft of skeletons or exclusively cheap unanimatable knockoffs. Fortunately you're carrying around a lot of skin with you, as evidences by the sections you touch reacting slightly, so you just start flaying yourself into the silt and then animating that. The resulting undead is a very, very slow blob, being skin cells attempting to influence silt particles, but it can move on its own.

[3] You can't really tell if it's working or not.

+1 Sacrifice Amber

"Sounds good to me"
Major Action: Assist Stephen if he needs help
[4] He definitely needs help, but pushing your realm towards his doesn't do anything either.

[4] You go ahead and ponder what went wrong, and come to the conclusion that "closer" and "further" are probably too indistinct to really function in the Void. You'll probably need something more concrete.

"Well, this is a delicate situation indeed."

Major Action: Try and create plants in the laboratory.

Minor Action: Teleport self out of ground (do this first, if possible).
[6] You teleport yourself into the air, then plummet back into the ground.

[4] Removing yourself manually, you return to your lab and begin making plants. They come out as little frond-things that should grow reasonably large and low.

+1 Teleportation Amber

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Void Wizards in Voidland [Turn 3: Success!]
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2014, 06:02:29 am »

"Hm. I guess I'm going to need some real corpses for this."
Major Action: Upgrade the Necromancy Lab with a summoning circle - the sort that can summon things from the normal world.

Minor Action: move my tile immediately next to Rosse's, on the side opposite the lens.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:15:01 am by HmH »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4