Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reading weapon raws  (Read 1346 times)

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reading weapon raws
« on: March 07, 2014, 07:04:05 pm »

Can someone help me interpret some weapon raws? I think I'm missing something.

- Looking at the raws for a bloody axe of armok, it seems to be inferior to a normal battle axe in every way.  Is it just the "bloody" part that makes it interesting?

- If I'm reading it right, a repeating crossbow has a launch velocity ten times that of a normal crossbow. Am I reading it right? Is that intended or a typo?

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reading weapon raws
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 11:21:25 pm »

intended. Dwarfs will not fire another round until AFTER the 1st round hits. So the only way to make them shoot faster, is to make them hit faster.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 05:17:08 am »

- Looking at the raws for a bloody axe of armok, it seems to be inferior to a normal battle axe in every way.  Is it just the "bloody" part that makes it interesting?

Can you post the two?

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 09:42:25 am »

intended. Dwarfs will not fire another round until AFTER the 1st round hits. So the only way to make them shoot faster, is to make them hit faster.

So do the bolts hit with 10 times as much impact as well?

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 01:31:41 pm »

Can you post the two?

Sure:

Battle axe of armok:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Regular battle axe:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The only differences are that the normal axe has a wider variety and more effective attacks?

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 01:57:35 pm »

Yeah, there definitely needs to be less confusion over the hierarchy of weapons/armor/metals (especially the former two) in MW, currently it's really confusing whether they're just there for flavor or whether some foreign gear is actually better. I've equipped several dwarves with bloody war hammers of armok, and they were effective, but then again, those were all masterful quality (I run the sacrifice blood reaction at the altar a lot, gives hundreds of thousands of dwarfbucks in tradegoods every season).
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!