Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 364410 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread
« Reply #2655 on: April 13, 2021, 10:11:21 pm »

Born in the Curses Forum, spent some time in the DF main areas, lived a spell in Play with Your Buddies, migrated to Other Games, then followed Skynet's Terminator game here.

We've been around for almost the same time (you've got a year on me), in fact we probably both remember when Mafia was in the Play with Your Buddies.

The avatar you see is from a Play with Your Buddies game when a little girl had a tin knight that protected her.  The tin knight was named after me.

...or I could give you the standard answers: The Internet! Magic! Sentient AI experiment! Lost Avatar of the Forums! Webadict bot!

So... scum right?

Is jk. Please rock this tiny community out of their safe space.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: April 13, 2021, 10:54:52 pm »

Looks like another Webadict bot. These guys are getting better and better.

Oh, is there another game of Kill Webadict Now running? I guess I should update the games list.  :P
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: April 13, 2021, 11:02:56 pm »

Can't keep me down! Death is merely an inconvenience!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: April 14, 2021, 03:26:52 am »

You can't defeat a hero simply by making him die!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: April 14, 2021, 04:52:20 am »

And villains don't stay dead when they're defeated.  :P

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: April 19, 2021, 05:35:48 am »

Go nominate your representative to the mafia championship. Tea, Shakerag, Teneb and I have all gone. The next champion... could be you?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: April 22, 2021, 11:09:04 am »

Any of you fine folks play Pokemon Go and want to add a new friend? I've got a quest to add 3 new friends to my list, and I figured this was a good place to look. :)

PM if you are interested.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: April 22, 2021, 11:41:22 am »

Sorry I don't play any mobile games.

On the topic of games though:

Amusingly, one day after finishing Case 3 of DGS2 on my 3DS, DGS1+2 were announced for an English release at the end of July. Capcom are going with the name The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and it will be on most platforms. I swear this keeps happening to me where a big announcement happens whenever I do something.

If you care about Ace Attorney at all (like myself) this is very good news if you're interested in playing half of the 3DS library. The only AA game that hasn't been officially localized now is Investigations 2 on DS and it likely never will. The fan translation is excellent however.

In the meantime, while waiting for Great AA to come out, Nintendo are releasing remakes of Famicom Detective Club Parts 1 and 2 on the Switch in May. I've played Part 2 on SNES and it was very good so these are likely going to be worth playing as well if you're interested in point & click murder mysteries at all. I'm quite a fan and seek out translations when they happen such as Chunsoft's classic Portopia that really kicked off the genre in Japan.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: April 23, 2021, 02:29:56 am »

So, whose going to run a game with the Gacha roles? Some of them are golden.

Like this neat alternative to a cop ability:
(Night) Divergent Branches [target]: You receive an alternate version of the next Day's starting post. This alternate version is what would be shown if your target chose not to act during this Night.
Imagine that in a game with redirectors, blockers, doctors and killers.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 07:34:37 am by notquitethere »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: April 23, 2021, 09:50:49 am »

Ooh, that is a neat one!

It'd be an interesting psychic or magic role in a Paranormal/Supernatural.
Come play Mafia with us!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: April 23, 2021, 02:33:16 pm »

I now have my own Gacha Role:

Boom Urchin (town)
(Auto) Gunpowder Sense: You are always aware of what player has the Bomb item.
(1-Shot, Any) Remote Detonate: Untargeted ability. The Bomb item expends its single shot, and explodes, killing whatever player possesses it.
(Night) Flashbang Grenade [target]: You throw a lesser bomb, which has a 50% to randomize the target and a 50% chance to roleblock the target, one or the other.
(Night) Fence: sell any one item to a target of your choice. They gain the item and you gain enough money for a meal and a warm bed, making you untargetable for the phase.
(Day) Pickpocket: gain any items held by the target. They won't be informed of the absence unless they try to use the item.

The following items are owned by random players at the start of the game:
(Item) Handkerchief: As a night move you may give the handkerchief to any player. A player learns if they have been given a handkerchief.
(Item) Top Hat: The first time you are killed, your Top Hat is flattened instead. You may spend a night move unflattening it (unflattening is always processed after kills).
(Item) Snuff Box: As a day action you may take a pinch of snuff. If you own a handkerchief, this will give you an extra action in the following night phase. If you own no handkerchief, you will instead publicly sneeze.
(Item, 1-Shot, Auto) Bomb: This does nothing. For now.

(Mechanic) Items: Items are abilities which can be easily passed between players. Any player can transfer an Item they possess to another player once per Phase for free. Day Item transfers resolve immediately, Night Item transfers resolve at the end of the Night.

I can steal my bomb back and then fence it off for safety then bomb the fence to cover my tracks.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: April 24, 2021, 06:41:09 am »

So, whose going to run a game with the Gacha roles? Some of them are golden.

I might be interested in doing that in the future, but (in keeping with the Gacha theme) I would be randomly choosing the roles for Town, Mafia, and Third-Party. Thus, I would need to put a big disclaimer warning people that the game setup would be inherently unbalanced. Would that work?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: April 24, 2021, 08:12:43 am »

Yep. (I did make three roles that go against that though by imposing rules..)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: April 24, 2021, 08:44:55 am »

You could also buff and nerf roles as needed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: April 24, 2021, 10:40:24 pm »

Hm, any interest in a game of Paranoia?  Ran a few games back in the day.  Could be done as a mafia game, a RTD, hybrid, or make up as I go along.  Pretty much the only option I'm not considering is the using the actual rules, groan.

This group, I think, might just be capable of a Straight campaign, although I suspect it could devolve into a Zapfest.  Maybe classic?
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 193