Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 359620 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread
« Reply #2746 on: May 06, 2021, 07:28:08 pm »

Alright, if I were to make this, I'd actually use a lot of how Gnosia kinda works. Essentially, phrases are chosen each round, and players respond to these phrases. This repeats for a certain number of rounds, and then each player votes simultaneously. As for ideas, these are some pretty simple inclusions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

An agreement on what's allowed to be said would make this easier to make a bot, since we wouldn't need to build some type of understanding algorithm, and can instead understand select phrases.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: May 06, 2021, 09:33:58 pm »

if Player[1].Claim()=="Survivor" {
  Player[1].Suspicion == 100;
  vote(Player[1]);
}
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: May 06, 2021, 09:50:03 pm »

Alright, if I were to make this, I'd actually use a lot of how Gnosia kinda works.

Considering that Gnosia is basically AI playing mafia, I'd hope so.  :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: May 06, 2021, 09:56:17 pm »

We could also... have like 1 human player....
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: May 06, 2021, 09:58:13 pm »

Human player(s) would assist in testing the bots.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: May 08, 2021, 09:14:02 am »

FYI: Liar's Dice at 7 PM CDT tonight: Link to Discord found here: https://discord.gg/jpp9vE9m

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: May 08, 2021, 03:17:26 pm »

Alright, if I were to make this, I'd actually use a lot of how Gnosia kinda works. Essentially, phrases are chosen each round, and players respond to these phrases. This repeats for a certain number of rounds, and then each player votes simultaneously. As for ideas, these are some pretty simple inclusions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

An agreement on what's allowed to be said would make this easier to make a bot, since we wouldn't need to build some type of understanding algorithm, and can instead understand select phrases.
Yes I think this is a good idea, though of course the bots can additionally say other stuff (so they're more characterful), so long as they embed the relevant phrases in what they're saying.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: May 08, 2021, 04:13:36 pm »

If we wanted something like that, we could start each phrase with an identifier code, and then write out a colorful version of that, i.e. "B101: I respectfully disagree" where phrases B101 correlates to Response Suspicions - I disagree.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: May 08, 2021, 05:29:32 pm »

This is my first proof of concept. It still needs a system to understand the names of speakers and those they are referring to.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: May 08, 2021, 07:46:41 pm »

Nice!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: May 09, 2021, 10:30:52 am »

I made a GitHub "organization" for mafia some time ago: https://github.com/open-mafia

If you guys want to host "common" things (such as the game definitions), or even your specific bots, feel free to do it there - I can set up the repos, add folks to the organization, etc.

I'm already developing my mafia engine there, and thankfully I've FINALLY got time to get back at it.
Of course, I assume this bot mafia project would be separate, at least until there's maturity from at least one side. :P

If we wanted something like that, we could start each phrase with an identifier code, and then write out a colorful version of that, i.e. "B101: I respectfully disagree" where phrases B101 correlates to Response Suspicions - I disagree.

I like this a lot. Have machine-readable text codes, then human-readable template text you can modify as you wish.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: May 09, 2021, 11:25:29 am »

Yeah, having a git repo would be good.

And Web's tags idea is also good. Gives us flexibility for making things interested for humans while keeping it simple to code.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: May 09, 2021, 01:08:41 pm »

It would be easier to code the reactions (fewer false positives) but I would still encourage botmakers to creatively embellish their bots. For instance, my B_Waggoner bot adds a train emoji to anyone else's vote that he's sheeping.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: May 11, 2021, 05:10:20 pm »

It appears that Wuba and I have figured out how to make a proper Time Travel Mafia work...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 193