Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 365164 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread
« Reply #2820 on: March 14, 2022, 03:23:20 pm »

Oh lol right you have to add the s onto it.

Edit: of course, all that's doing is making it reject my picture instantly rather than actually accept it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 03:25:24 pm by 4maskwolf »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: March 14, 2022, 04:23:02 pm »

No, you need to use an image upload site that is NOT secure, so using HTTP. Few are doing that, because it's 2022 and SSL has been available forever. I just gave up and used an image from the same site. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: March 14, 2022, 05:36:17 pm »

Using HTTP is what causes it to stall forever before timing out.
Edit: Figured out how to get it to accept the image, but now it's just giving me a blank image space rather than the actual image.
Edit 2: finally got it to work, jeez...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 05:40:23 pm by 4maskwolf »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: March 14, 2022, 05:43:09 pm »

Edit: Figured out how to get it to accept the image, but now it's just giving me a blank image space rather than the actual image.
I gather that you figured it out, but just so it's totally clear, what you had in between those two edits was a PHP webpage, not an image. This resulted in the blank space because the forum was trying to process it as an image, and, because it wasn't an image, it was invalid.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: March 14, 2022, 07:59:48 pm »

You sure about that?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: March 14, 2022, 08:55:26 pm »

I couldn't figure it out either, but I only check this site on mobile, so I'm not sure if that is what is causing it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: March 14, 2022, 09:06:18 pm »

You sure about that?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well it appears on my end so :sparkleshrug:

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: March 14, 2022, 10:35:51 pm »

Well, an image saying "Image Not Found" is an improvement over no image at all.
Sort of the difference between a construction site and a vacant lot.

I use https://imgbb.com/
So, first I created an account and saved my image to the account.  That leads me to this page: https://ibb.co/mTxfQc5
Then I right click and Open Image in New Tab, leading me to this page: https://i.ibb.co/zxkqK4V/m5x-LFug-Zytg-Yht-s-V04-Lh-Tg.jpg
Finally, I believe I used that url, only without the "s" in https
Now, if you can see my image, then this must be a good system.  Otherwise, nobody's bothered to tell me that my image doesn't work...  :-[

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: March 14, 2022, 10:54:21 pm »

Take five lmao.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: March 15, 2022, 07:11:08 am »

Congratulations, you have an Avatar again!
Some silly dog with text I can't read while viewing on my phone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: March 22, 2022, 05:15:54 am »

We've been invited to the championships again.

Also I reluctantly take full responsibility for 4mask's unsettling avatar.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: September 01, 2022, 06:27:01 pm »

Your chance to join in the latest procedurally generated mafia (or just check out the weird generated roles.)

Here's a taste:

Mad Befriendist: You are immune to guards. You won't flip on dying, instead you will show a copy of another player's role

Police Guard: Upon dying for the first time, you will revive without flipping, and will become a mafia-ally. You have two abilities: each night you can track another player, or each night you can curse a random player. Actions: track, curse. You are a third-party: you win when all other players are dead.

Crazed Exrate: From the start of the third day, a random player shares a chat with a random player of a different alignment

Invenatrist Mager: If you are lynched, the second player to vote for you will lose their role powers. You are a Multiple User Personality. Each night you can MUP a third of the players targeting Dariush: this will either track, watch, curse or do nothing. Action: MUP

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: September 05, 2022, 10:53:33 am »

Proc Gen 4 has begun, let me know if you'd like to join the spoilspec chat.

That aside... how's everyone doing? This December, I'll have been playing and running games here for a whole decade. Some of you have been at it even longer. While the playerbase has grown smaller from its earlier heights, it's nice that we still have a regular stream of activity.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: September 05, 2022, 12:40:33 pm »

That aside... how's everyone doing? This December, I'll have been playing and running games here for a whole decade. Some of you have been at it even longer. While the playerbase has grown smaller from its earlier heights, it's nice that we still have a regular stream of activity.

I joined my first game (Pirate Mafia 2) when I was a sophomore in high school:
I would like to be number 15.  If it isn't too late.
This was back when I was taught to double space between sentences...

Jump to present and I'm over two years into my full-time career job and have a bachelor and master's degree. I wasn't playing mafia for most of the master degree as I had stopped playing mafia the semester before I completed undergrad, but this game is timeless and I don't think I'll ever want to stop playing for real.

EDIT:
I can't really remember, but I think I joined my first game because I had just finished the first Ace Attorney and that got me interested in playing mafia/werewolf.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 12:48:18 pm by ToonyMan »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: September 05, 2022, 02:32:37 pm »

My first boyfriend dragged me onto B12 to practice social skills because I was a little too honest and naive :V Then it turned out that I enjoyed lying out of my ass, when I kicked Web's butt in the very first Beginner's Mafia.

It feels strange to be playing this game while no longer young and hopeful. I don't expect to permanently leave either; I just take breaks here and there with the ebb and flow of work and school pressures.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 193