Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 365166 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread
« Reply #2850 on: September 07, 2022, 07:10:15 pm »

I have periods where I do more or less game running, but being moderator on this subforum means I never actually disappear.

How -has- your experience been as a moderator?  I assume we haven't gotten out of line that much?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: September 07, 2022, 07:17:43 pm »

I’m not sure what drew me to the game, I guess I like solving puzzles. I’ve been here on and off for years.

I joined a BM, got worked up and paranoid the ICs were scum and was promptly eliminated D1. My second game was a scum game with at least one of the same ICs which we romped, which was cool.

I think then my third game was an NQT game, in which I was a third party and allowed to choose my wincon, but I don’t think I did well. I think Tiruin insinuated everyone had a counter to my ability so I didn’t actually use it.

I wasn’t a nice person back then in games a lot of the time, which I regret. Trying to be nicer in games now.

Despite our games tending to be power heavy, I really prefer just being a good ol’ VT.

I think actually playing mafia has made me a little better at reading people irl, to some extent, at least in terms of figuring out their motives.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: September 07, 2022, 07:22:16 pm »

I mean, if we're kind of moving into reminiscing ... for whatever reason Bastard Paranormal 2 always stands out in my mind.  It wasn't, probably, my best game, but it was wild and fun.  Mostly, I think, because of Meph's excellent setups with normal Paranormal games and then ... adapting that into a weird bastard game.

I can't, per se, say it was my favorite game, but it was by far and large the most memorable one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: September 07, 2022, 11:30:18 pm »

I have periods where I do more or less game running, but being moderator on this subforum means I never actually disappear.

How -has- your experience been as a moderator?  I assume we haven't gotten out of line that much?

Super low effort, really. Problems don't show up very often, and half the time when they do it's someone Toady is already dealing with.

Most of my use of the mod powers is stuff like editing the OP of various important threads and making stuff sticky.

Glad to hear that BP2 was a memorable game for you! Bastards can be kind of tricky to make fun and interesting, and I'm not always successful at it. But I think overall I've managed to do pretty well with them. And I enjoy the extra flexibility they provide.

Oh, and for anyone who's interested and isn't already there, I have a Mafia discord I set up.

Discord Server: Meph's Mafia Discord
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: September 13, 2022, 01:11:36 am »

I think actually playing mafia has made me a little better at reading people irl, to some extent, at least in terms of figuring out their motives.

Playing this game has definitely made me a lot more sensitive to other people's moods and more strategic in solving social problems.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: September 16, 2022, 03:08:25 am »

^ this. Especially in reading mood and intent from text!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: September 18, 2022, 04:44:15 pm »

Just saw this old comment from Vector... 12 years ago:

Where are all the games?

Subforum died.  I'm trying to kick up the activity again.

The subforum has be dying since it began: what is dead will never die!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: September 18, 2022, 05:00:18 pm »

But in strange aeons, even death may die.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: September 18, 2022, 05:11:42 pm »

Where are all the games?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: September 18, 2022, 05:47:16 pm »

Where are all the games?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: September 18, 2022, 06:17:35 pm »

Would anybody be opposed if we put a Paranormal into sign-ups ASAP?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: September 18, 2022, 07:56:03 pm »

Where are all the games?

V-Vector?! What are you doing here?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: September 18, 2022, 07:59:52 pm »

Saving the goddamn future.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: September 28, 2022, 07:52:53 pm »

Moving this out of the game thread and to where it actually belongs, yeah this was a randomly-created PUG doing leveling dungeons (I’m doing it to get better accessories for the end-of-base-game story dungeons) and the tank went from one big pull to the next and tugged them all into the boss room while I was low on mana. Without voice comes I had no way of yelling at him or telling the team to back out of the boss chamber and let him die, so we just kind of all died.

And amazingly, that was still the better of the two tanks I got the privilege of playing with today, the other one would just proximity-aggro’ed enemies so when I threw a heal on him they’d all aggro onto me and I’d have to run away ::)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: September 28, 2022, 08:03:29 pm »

Moving this out of the game thread and to where it actually belongs, yeah this was a randomly-created PUG doing leveling dungeons (I’m doing it to get better accessories for the end-of-base-game story dungeons) and the tank went from one big pull to the next and tugged them all into the boss room while I was low on mana. Without voice comes I had no way of yelling at him or telling the team to back out of the boss chamber and let him die, so we just kind of all died.

And amazingly, that was still the better of the two tanks I got the privilege of playing with today, the other one would just proximity-aggro’ed enemies so when I threw a heal on him they’d all aggro onto me and I’d have to run away ::)
How fast are you at typing? I know it sucks but it's fully possible to type callouts like that in text chat, and you might be suprised how good DPS is at responding to it, especially ranged DPS because they're standing back behind you most of the time and most MMOs have your chat show both in the chat log but also over your character's head.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193