Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 359570 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Banter Thread
« on: March 09, 2014, 05:40:20 pm »

For all your non-mafia talking needs.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:46:32 am by 4maskwolf »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tangents and Irrelevancies Thread idea: what do people think?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 05:54:17 pm »

Solymr, you say you are in college?  How hard would you say it is compared to high school, particularly the last two years.

For anyone who doesn't know, this is a continuation of the conversation that is keeping the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly at the top of the games list.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 08:00:56 pm »

Solymr, you say you are in college?  How hard would you say it is compared to high school, particularly the last two years.
This could be asked as a generality as i believe most Mafia players either are, or have passed through college. :p

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 08:02:33 pm »

This could be asked as a generality as i believe most Mafia players either are, or have passed through college. :p
Okay Tiruin, what about you? What do you say?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 08:45:25 pm »

when people think im scummy and im not i cry irl bc i cant make them think otherwise without looking even moar scummy sob

/dramatization shh but it applies

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 08:53:45 pm »

Honestly, I wouldn't characterize what you just did in Orbfalls as scummy. I think it's because you sometimes don't post very much content, though I usually don't use that as the grounds to my by someone. The only reason I voted for you in good bad ugly (yes, I abbreviated it) was to stay in NQT's good graces, because most of the town was lurking for various reasons (be they RL, fear, etc.)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 09:01:39 pm »

Honestly, I wouldn't characterize what you just did in Orbfalls as scummy. I think it's because you sometimes don't post very much content, though I usually don't use that as the grounds to my by someone. The only reason I voted for you in good bad ugly (yes, I abbreviated it) was to stay in NQT's good graces, because most of the town was lurking for various reasons (be they RL, fear, etc.)

Oh, I'm not talking about ongoing games, but it seems most times people peg me as scum whether I am or not. Maybe my playstyle is shit, idk.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 09:06:28 pm »

I believe its in that its 'scummy' (and not necessarily scum, 90% of the time) that they peg you as, due to either lacking information (yeah, the idea of philosophy is in many people's minds :P).
No, your playstyle is OK. Just keep at it. You're an awesome player (and really, I mean it because you did great before! I was just being mean and a jerk to you. Sorry..)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 09:27:06 pm »

Oh, I'm not talking about ongoing games, but it seems most times people peg me as scum whether I am or not. Maybe my playstyle is shit, idk.
Your playstyle isn't shit, it's just different.  If the union had listened to your hunches in The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, they could have won the game.  But alas, it was not to be, and the scumteam won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 09:39:35 pm »

Another game wherein Tiruin doesn't act on her intuition. Again. Ever.

Oops!

Anyways: 4mask: You were interested in College due to. . .?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 09:41:06 pm »

Another game wherein Tiruin doesn't act on her intuition. Again. Ever.

Oops!

Anyways: 4mask: You were interested in College due to. . .?
hmm?
Oh, Solymr and I were having a conversation about college earlier and he was saying how senior year of high school is so much harder.  I believe you have stated your opinions on the matter.

*sigh* being a mod is hard.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:43:09 pm by 4maskwolf »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 09:42:56 pm »

Your playstyle isn't shit, it's just different.  If the union had listened to your hunches in The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, they could have won the game.  But alas, it was not to be, and the scumteam won.

Eh, thanks, but anyone who took my opinions in that game would've been called a lunatic. Top play it wasn't. Hunches are only good if you can back them.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 10:31:31 pm »

Eh, thanks, but anyone who took my opinions in that game would've been called a lunatic. Top play it wasn't. Hunches are only good if you can back them.
I use hunches all the time, that's usually the catalyst of my habit of tunneling people, I don't have any hard evidence when I do it. Hunches are good.

That said, I play mafia, and I haven't been to college, nor am I in one right now.

I only made it through High School, and I work at a fast food place.
I hate it so.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 10:40:16 pm »

i believe most Mafia players either are, or have passed through college. :p

HA
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 193