Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 359590 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread: Has this really been a thing for four years edition
« Reply #2265 on: December 16, 2019, 10:34:00 am »

I've thrown up another Proc Gen game. Sign up for more procedurally generated madness.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: December 21, 2019, 02:53:03 pm »

Anyone fancy replacing Dolores in the Proc Gen game?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: March 26, 2020, 06:24:28 pm »

I'm going to need another player for King Mafia 7.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: April 04, 2020, 03:48:23 pm »

Speaking of, I'm still looking for another play for King Mafia 7. At this point I'm going to have to cancel the game due to lack of players if we don't get someone in the next week.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: May 10, 2020, 01:19:15 pm »

so I've been gone for a while, thinking about maybe coming back, and would like to know how the culture has changed in the intervening years regarding extentions, hammers, D0/D1, and presence of a N0 or lack thereof.

I don't plan on investing remotely as much time as I once did, and think the old extention-spam was a huge part of why games would die of inactivity. D1 in particular, with no N0, was always extended as many times as possible because there was no good lynch and the meta was to always-lynch, so people would extend to try to get useful data. it made one of the strongest scum tactics be to simply be quiet and wait for town to self-destruct as active town ate each other because that was the only place there was content to analyze. which led to bad gameplay experiences for everyone.
i rolled scum a disproportionately large amount of the time, and forcing myself to not post unless I absolutely had to was actually the biggest improvement I was able to get in my own gameplay, and a rule that, as either town OR scum, breaking would get me lynched fairly quickly afterwards.

So I am a bit invested in there being a N0, so that there would be night action content to analyze as opposed to the most active players devouring each other and then the game dying as there's only one active player left in the game anymore.

And having been in a game where last-minute voting shenanigans determined the fate of the game (I got a scum win from it and it was completely unsatisfying, I think we'd have won without the hammer, I was being cleanly bussed and was very confident that the next day's lynch would be a particular townie who had been acting scummy, seeing as my partners were looking REALLY good, and we only needed one more mislynch to win.), I'd really prefer to, ya know, not have that be a thing.

has anyone tried a game with automatic 24hr extentions for if the lynch result of the day changes (starting from when the lynch changes, not when it would normally end), but no normal extentions and fairly short days?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: May 10, 2020, 01:59:57 pm »

I'm firmly against allowing extensions except on discretion, for the reasons you give. I don't include them in any games I run now and it works fine.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: May 10, 2020, 07:16:39 pm »

I agree, extensions need to go away.

But we’re dead anyway, with the only activity being when one of the old guard vets runs a game. New ideas might spice things up a bit.

I personally can’t deal with mafia anymore, I find it an exercise mostly in seeing how long I can be entirely frustrated at everything, and that’s usually not long.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mendel

• Escaped Lunatic
  • If this text is personal, why are you reading it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: May 28, 2020, 09:03:38 am »

Hi!

i came here because Icy tea impressed me with his play in the championship; if he had had more time to devote to the game, it could have gone quite differently! I'm very surprised to see notquitethere came from here as well, we obviously played together last year.
I'd be happy to sub into King of the Mafia 7 if that ever gets un-stalled.

Cheers!
--mendel
Hah.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: June 04, 2020, 09:35:50 pm »

I'd be interested in playing a game sometime as well. I can't say I know any more about running one than I ever did, but it would be fun to try this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: June 05, 2020, 12:17:20 am »

Hey, Vector! Nice to see you around again. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: June 05, 2020, 02:46:28 am »

You too!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: June 08, 2020, 10:18:46 pm »

oh yes

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: August 18, 2020, 11:57:17 am »

:o

mafia = very yes
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 193