Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 365886 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread
« Reply #2865 on: September 30, 2022, 09:52:03 pm »

Moving this out of the game thread and to where it actually belongs, yeah this was a randomly-created PUG doing leveling dungeons (I’m doing it to get better accessories for the end-of-base-game story dungeons) and the tank went from one big pull to the next and tugged them all into the boss room while I was low on mana. Without voice comes I had no way of yelling at him or telling the team to back out of the boss chamber and let him die, so we just kind of all died.

And amazingly, that was still the better of the two tanks I got the privilege of playing with today, the other one would just proximity-aggro’ed enemies so when I threw a heal on him they’d all aggro onto me and I’d have to run away ::)
How fast are you at typing? I know it sucks but it's fully possible to type callouts like that in text chat, and you might be suprised how good DPS is at responding to it, especially ranged DPS because they're standing back behind you most of the time and most MMOs have your chat show both in the chat log but also over your character's head.
I'll admit that being fairly new to the game (and the genre in general) I spend most of my time and attention on keeping my healing and DPSing rotation going so I never even really thought of trying to shotcall in the chat during fights. To be fair normal mode dungeons in the base game are generally super easy to run without any real effort on the part of the players involved, unless your tank or healer are really, really incompetent (DPS occasionally but most dungeon bosses don't enrage or have mechanics that the DPS specifically has to deal with so bad DPS just makes things drag).

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: September 30, 2022, 10:32:25 pm »

Moving this out of the game thread and to where it actually belongs, yeah this was a randomly-created PUG doing leveling dungeons (I’m doing it to get better accessories for the end-of-base-game story dungeons) and the tank went from one big pull to the next and tugged them all into the boss room while I was low on mana. Without voice comes I had no way of yelling at him or telling the team to back out of the boss chamber and let him die, so we just kind of all died.

And amazingly, that was still the better of the two tanks I got the privilege of playing with today, the other one would just proximity-aggro’ed enemies so when I threw a heal on him they’d all aggro onto me and I’d have to run away ::)
How fast are you at typing? I know it sucks but it's fully possible to type callouts like that in text chat, and you might be suprised how good DPS is at responding to it, especially ranged DPS because they're standing back behind you most of the time and most MMOs have your chat show both in the chat log but also over your character's head.
I'll admit that being fairly new to the game (and the genre in general) I spend most of my time and attention on keeping my healing and DPSing rotation going so I never even really thought of trying to shotcall in the chat during fights. To be fair normal mode dungeons in the base game are generally super easy to run without any real effort on the part of the players involved, unless your tank or healer are really, really incompetent (DPS occasionally but most dungeon bosses don't enrage or have mechanics that the DPS specifically has to deal with so bad DPS just makes things drag).
to be fair, i built up typing speed by chatting and making callouts in text chat in FPS games, so i built up finger-speed and touch-typing long before I touched my first MMO.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: October 01, 2022, 05:50:48 pm »

What MMO is this?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: October 02, 2022, 12:04:30 am »

We've been sorta talking in vague terms but I've specifically been playing FFXIV.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: October 03, 2022, 08:34:42 am »

We've been sorta talking in vague terms but I've specifically been playing FFXIV.

Nice.  I'm a casual end-game raider there.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: October 03, 2022, 08:47:43 am »

Thanks, I was curious and confused whether or not you'd said it somewhere.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: October 03, 2022, 12:58:18 pm »

Oh nice! I'm just getting started with it, I'm not even through the Seventh Astral Era questline leading up to Heavensward.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: October 03, 2022, 01:04:38 pm »

Oh nice! I'm just getting started with it, I'm not even through the Seventh Astral Era questline leading up to Heavensward.
Well okay then. Good luck with getting through the pre-Havensward grind, that takes forever. The game picks up the pace after you get through that, they learned their lesson with the expansions and don't give you that kind of massive grind again.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: October 04, 2022, 08:41:33 am »

Yeah, to temper your expectations ... they did revamp the 1-50 slog and cut out a -ton- of useless side quests, but even then IMO the story doesn't really start getting good until level 40-ish.  50 to HW is going to feel like it takes forever (and it will) but there is some good story intermixed in that part.  Once you hit HW the pacing from there on out is much, much more improved.  And the story just keeps getting better.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: November 16, 2022, 03:14:21 pm »

So, I’ve been brainstorming a little and I think I’ve found a way to adapt Secret Hitler for the forums. I’m wondering if I should host it here in the mafia sub or in FG&RP?

What do you guys think? Is there any interest?

The game plays a little differently from mafia since there’s less player elimination and no role flips on death, but it relies on many of the same skills so I thought it would be more at home on on this subforum

EDIT: For anyone curious about the user-friendly archive, I have pushed the plans back to Christmas. Right now, I'm in a very important period of my career as a budding programmer, and my current priority is to secure an internship for summer. It is a very scary time for me cause this very well may decide my job prospects upon graduation.

EDIT2: So unfortunately there has been a bit of a miscommunication with my family that has resulted in work on the mafia archive being pushed back a week. Expect the User-friendly version to be ready by New Years instead of Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 01:02:29 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: November 16, 2022, 03:50:44 pm »

There was a Secret Hitler game in FG&RP a while ago but it died out.

It is more of a mafia game though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: November 16, 2022, 04:18:47 pm »

If you run that here, I will play it!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: November 16, 2022, 09:21:22 pm »

I'd play, sounds like Revolution.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: November 23, 2022, 05:54:31 pm »

Nothing's moving. Should I put up a mini-setup? Five to seven players. Just enough to get things moving again. I'll do some weird shit, probably, but nothing roles-heavy or chaotic, given the circumstances.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: November 23, 2022, 07:38:52 pm »

Nothing's moving. Should I put up a mini-setup? Five to seven players. Just enough to get things moving again. I'll do some weird shit, probably, but nothing roles-heavy or chaotic, given the circumstances.
No objections from me, but Keep It Simple Sillypants!
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193