Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43

Author Topic: The Cloud - One Small Step...  (Read 38625 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Pending Bereaucratic Decisions
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 06:42:32 pm »

Assess how many degrees of rotation are accessible by my "head." Then to make a sound.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 06:52:43 pm »

Oh. It's bad, then. I wonder if what I saw before is true? No legs... God.Please don't let it be true.Get a grip, Anton Teremnoi.
Attempt to communicate that I am mostly comfortable. Look around some more.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 06:54:16 pm »

It seems that we won't be getting any more people for now. In that case I will skip the whole arena thing and just roll a dice like Avis suggested.

The Dice Says: (4)

This means that the fourth player, or The Froggy Ninja, shall be waitlisted. Sorry man!
You haven't heard the last of me! I will have my revenge! Nah too much effort I'm just gonna lurk.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 06:56:33 pm »

Try nodding to both communicate understanding of instruction and to assess head movement.
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Introduction
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 10:51:54 pm »

((Waiting on darkpaladin and Comrade P. to report in))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 01:05:19 am »

Try to move my head. Try to check my new body by putting limbs in front of whatever visual device I have and look at them with sincere surprise and interest.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:30:23 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 08:37:00 am »

((I couldn't post earlier sorry. I can change my charracter's bio if that's alright.))
Try to move my head. Also try to communicate that I feel fine right now.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 06:54:29 pm »

CNR Laboratory, Ceres
Feb 2nd, 2398
13:43 GMT

Avis-Mergulus AKA Anton "Tosha" Teremnoi

You would be breathing heavily right now if you still had lungs. Unfortunately for you, the last breath your lungs took in was years ago, just before they ruptured due to decompression.
You're not even sure what you are right now. No legs, no arms, not even a neck. Regardless, there isn't any pain that isn't emotional, so you may as well signal "yes" somehow. You cannot speak, either, as your current body has no speakers. [6] Fortunately, you were well-trained in morse code as a means of signalling for help in space. You take advantage of the fact that the orb on this body can light up... forming a quick message in your mind, you relay it to whatever eyes are watching.
-.-- . ... --..-- -.-. --- -- ..-. --- .-. - .- -... .-.. .
You hear a voice addressed directly toward you.
"Welcome back, Anton. I am Dr. Alexander McDonald, and I will be making sure you your recovery is as swift as possible."

darkpaladin109 AKA David "Pirate Dave" Smith

Your head does not move, although the red orb thing that you assume you have like the other bodies in the room does. It seems to be the equivalent of an eye, as trying to move your eyes results in the orb moving instead.
You feel fine, although you're not sure how to communicate it. You calmly wait for any additional information to be given to you before
"Greetings. I am Dr. Alexander McDonald, chief researcher of the Cloud project. You cannot speak with your current body, but you will shortly receive a new one that can speak."

Samarkand AKA Felicia Hasting

Your lone eye can swivel about as much as a normal human eye would be able to in its socket, but the rest of the body has zero locomotive ability whatsoever.
As the body has no lungs, you aren't able to make a noise the normal human way.
"Hello, Doctor. I am Alexander McDonald, chief researcher of the Cloud project. This body is only temporary, we'll get you a new one right away."

Comrade P. AKA Hamilton Teromo

This new body fascinates you. In fact, it vaguely recalls to mind fictional stories of bionic commandos and augmented humans fighting various forces of evil with their advanced powers... but to see this concept done in real life somewhat disconcerts you.
You try to sense whatever limbs you have, only to learn that you have none. Swiveling your single eye around in its socket, you can see that this new body is, in fact, mostly a stump without any other movable appendages.
"Welcome back, Teromo. The body you are in is only temporary. We will transfer you to a new one after diagnostics are complete. So far, everything looks clear."

Chromatic Wasp AKA Chandler Davis

You take note that you don't recognize the voice. This worries you, as it may be that you heard the voice before but forgot about it completely. Living with severe memory issues has conditioned your mind to be ready for almost anything you can fail accounting for.

You attempt to tilt your neck back and forth in a nodding motion, but it appears that you have forgotten how to. Actually, you don't have a neck. You remember that. Getting used to this is going to be very difficult indeed.

As you have no mouth, you visualize the following phrase in your mind:
Did I miss something?
Immediately, your hear a response from the same voice. You actually recognized it this time!
"Don't worry Mr. Davis, *chuckle* you're in good hands."

The doctor's voice once again sounds for all to hear.
"All vital signs clear, subjects showing expected cognitive activity. Lets get them into the stage two exosuits"
Once again, the blackness returns, along with what little sense you have of your limited body. After only a few seconds, you perceive a bright flash and find yourselves in new bodies and inside a different room. This one features numerous obstacles scattered around, some barely ankle-high, while others reach up to your waists. Your new bodies actually have arms and legs, as well as a movable head. The red glass orb from the previous body is still present in the center of the new body's chest. The head itself has no eyes but does have other sensory equipment as well as speakers.

All five of you stand back-to-back in the center of this new chamber.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:39:05 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 07:07:08 pm »

"I suppose you want us to try out our motor control. Always happy to oblige a scientist."

Walk around slowly, stepping over the lowest obstacles.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 09:01:30 pm »

Attempt walking about, not bothering with the obstacles.
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 12:15:26 am »

Oh well. At least the speakers are functioning correctly.

Do a few jumps over the medium-height obstacles.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 12:35:22 am »

Now check the limbs, staring at them for a min, then try to make a few steps in order to understand how the new body feels. Then, try to run at moderate pace, measuring the speed approximately, then run at top speed, doing the same. Avoid obstacles while running. Then try to check brute force by smashing random obstacle when completely stopped. Check strength of both legs and arms. When everything is checked, stand still.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:38:34 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2014, 04:45:18 pm »

While Anton prepares for the jump, he decides to run a parallel test. Clearing his nonexistent throat with a burst of static, he addresses the rest of the team in general.

Say, this is like the 'Net, isn't it? The anonymity thing. We should have a way of distinguishing between ourselves. You gentlemen have names, right?

((I'm board, let there be lame RP'ings.))

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2014, 04:49:10 pm »

"You can call me Pirate Dave."
Attempt to move my limbs around. Try walking around. If I need to maneuvre around th bostacles, do so.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2014, 04:52:42 pm »

- Hamilton, if you like. Private Teromo, if you like that better.
(continue aforementioned consequence of actions, saying the answer by the way)
Sigs

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43