Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 674013 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: There Are No Heroes
« Reply #1065 on: May 11, 2014, 06:20:43 pm »

Thane's Thing.

I'm worried about this Fallen Angel person. He's been sitting in the food stockpiles, setting fire to spiders. Apparently the overseer prefers this to him setting fire to his rooms again. I can only assume that Helgarde doesn't know what happens when you set fire to a barrel of alcohol.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 11, 2014, 07:00:51 pm »

From the engravings of Stinthäd "FallenAngel" Ducimisak

Well, a burning spider ran atop (and subsequently died) some donkey tripe that had a little note on it that says "Save for Overseer". I politely put the spider's charred remains inside the tripe. Spiders are full of nutrients and the brown recluse kind are safe to eat. That's what my father told me, anyway.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 11, 2014, 08:11:42 pm »

You know, I'm really, really happy Vlad's probably off partying alone still.
He escaped all of this tomfoolery.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 11, 2014, 09:08:14 pm »

What in good lord name!?! Did that dwarf just set fire to a spider, killed it and stuff it into a tripe.... I just don't know any more.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 12, 2014, 06:10:02 pm »

Just a quick question: the update to DF2014 is only a few days/weeks/months/years away, and there is a strong likelihood that Demongate won't be dead by the time it comes out. I was just wondering if there would be any interest in genning a new world and playing out the next chapter of Steelhold there once the initial bugs are ironed out, since there are quite a few unforeseen problems in Demongate's lore, what with the bloodkin barely having enough members to attack us even the once. The obvious drawback is that we lose the fortress we've been playing for the last months, but on the plus side I'd pay more attention to the world once it's been created to ensure maximum possibility of painful death. Of course, this could just turn out to be a non issue if the fortress dies by that time or something.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 12, 2014, 06:43:48 pm »

I can kill the fortress when my turn comes around, and have good story to go with it too. We should wait until DF2014 is actually released to kill it, though.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 12, 2014, 06:51:13 pm »

I say we play this fortress to the best of our ability for now and beat back the bloodkin! After all, Dwarf Fortress updates haven't exactly been known for being predictable. Should it come out, I think we should continue this thread, practice the new version by ourselves, and work on modding the bloodkin raws to make them better.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 12, 2014, 07:04:09 pm »

Yes, I propose we wait until after it comes out and even then keep continuing.
Even so, if it just so happens that we want to kill it during my turn, I'll flip EVERY LEVER.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 12, 2014, 07:27:48 pm »

Assuming there are more levers than there are now. We don't really have a more doomy lever than "let goblins into the fort". And if you flip every lever from its current position, then it still won't let goblins in.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 12, 2014, 07:42:03 pm »

Then I'll MAKE a lever that does something stupid.
With enough magma anything is possible.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: May 13, 2014, 01:14:47 am »

For now, more story!

Gnora's Journal
Things Past
--
Things grow dull here, and this ain't what I wanted. The trees are mostly gone now, cutted up and walls built all over the place. I do remember loving the natural beyutee of here, almost as much as my farm. Now even the farm no longer excites me; it's still the most important work in the world, I reckon, but there are too many farmers and too many people. I remember when I was planting and brewing for just us seven, and I recall being mighty tempted to spit in Vlad's food back then; things how they are I wish I had, and now my chance is gone. I've taken to avoiding my old "friends" entirely, except for Tarmid, who is now strictly the schoolmaster to me. The old scribe has what he wants: a baron whose boot he'll lick.

I might could make friends with some of them newer migrants. Maybe I could learn 'em a thing or two.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: May 13, 2014, 11:21:27 am »

Excerpt from he Secret Histories

One should seek to understand one's own nature before one determines ones friends and foes.
The name we're called by outsiders is misleading. There is no Marble Faction; its last members, civilian or Revolutionary Guard, died in the Fall. What they call the Faction is really just whatever loose collection of dissidents or freethinkers local to an area. Admittedly, most were inspired by the manifestos written by Jovus and Uristovitch, the co-leaders of the original Faction following Emdief's second death. These were smuggled out of Steelhold on one of the numerous 'relief' caravans dispatched to the colony following its taking its monarch hostage; not all of the 'donations' were given out of fear that the monarch would be harmed, as her tyranny was well known.
Some 'cells' call themselves some variation of the Faction in tribute. Many others have their own names. Our commune here has no name; contact with the outside is forbidden, so naming our home would serve no purpose. The perception that we are a vast conspiracy is erroneous. The phenomenon of the various 'cells' is in reality a simple reaction to our times; we have been exposed to vast hardship, and dwarves are beginning to question beliefs that have not served them well.
This wave of discontent has been met, of course, with systematic oppression. In the South, this takes many forms. In the North, only one method is utilized; inquisition, carried out by the Knights of St. Zane, our so called protectors from the Bloodkin. To survive, a dissident must keep their head down.
Is a revolution comming? It is unlikely that our disparate groups could even form lines of communication to plan such an undertaking. In any case, most dissidents do not share the same ideologies. Local successes can be reached, as in Steelhold, but it is unlikely that these free settlements will survive.
Knowledge, however, shall set you free. One day, when all of this is able to be discussed in the open, change will come. All things erode in time, and even the will of the inquisition must fade. Until then, one does what they must to survive.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: May 13, 2014, 12:05:51 pm »

Watching a kobold walk into the entrance and get discovered by the military is sooooo satisfying.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: May 14, 2014, 08:27:08 pm »

Watching a kobold walk into the entrance and get discovered by the military is sooooo satisfying.
"You came to the WRONG neighbourhood, skulker."

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: May 14, 2014, 08:55:18 pm »

"You came to the WRONG neighbourhood, skulker."
"Prepare your anus my good sir, because we all out of honey and slime."
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 172