Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 674034 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Petitioning for Legalisation of Gypsum Continues.
« Reply #1350 on: June 09, 2014, 08:00:35 pm »

If Danman ever takes a turn, story-wise he would probably take control by just threatening everyone with venomous animals. Also, Flame can cure Danman's sickness if it's adamantine-related.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: June 09, 2014, 08:45:43 pm »

If Danman ever takes a turn, story-wise he would probably take control by just threatening everyone with venomous animals. Also, Flame can cure Danman's sickness if it's adamantine-related.
Vote for me or I will throw bog crawlers at your face!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: June 09, 2014, 09:07:34 pm »

We voted once and ended up making Vlad the baron.
I say no more democracy.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: June 09, 2014, 09:29:46 pm »

We voted once and ended up making Vlad the baron.
I say no more democracy.
To bad I already killed my opponent so you have to vote for me!

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: June 09, 2014, 09:36:06 pm »

Instead of democracy, we should hold a contest on who can kill the most spiders WITH FIRE.
In fact, that could be the reason why I become the person running the fortress.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: June 09, 2014, 09:50:42 pm »

We've never really had democracy in this fort. Thane was selected by the nobles, she passed the fort to Sir Brenzen, he passed it to Gnora, she passed it to Rhaken, he passed it to Cornelius, he passed it to Vladimir, and Helgarde just took it. Flame never explained how he/she/it took control of the fort, though. I assume the mayor is elected democratically, as the EPG didn't seem to have a handle in the matter during the Captain's turn, though the position is mostly a figure-head in comparison to the overseer. As for Vlad being the baron, though Barkov showed a desire to become the baron, my guess is that the EPG pulled some strings.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: June 09, 2014, 10:09:54 pm »

We've never really had democracy in this fort. Thane was selected by the nobles, she passed the fort to Sir Brenzen, he passed it to Gnora, she passed it to Rhaken, he passed it to Cornelius, he passed it to Vladimir, and Helgarde just took it. Flame never explained how he/she/it took control of the fort, though. I assume the mayor is elected democratically, as the EPG didn't seem to have a handle in the matter during the Captain's turn, though the position is mostly a figure-head in comparison to the overseer. As for Vlad being the baron, though Barkov showed a desire to become the baron, my guess is that the EPG pulled some strings.

Yeah, we've all appointed successors... until Cornelius got drunk and made Vlad the Baron + Overseer, which kind of makes sense as Vlad already ran the military and worships the god of rulership. Vlad, following my turn, hands control of the fort over to democratically elected authorities. Which leads to us going through 3 mayors (all of them in the palm of Helgarde, resident drug kingpin) in rapid succession.
Somehow Flame becomes Overseer. Nobody seems to know how this happened, least of all Flame. Since nobody's moved in to take it back, I suspect EPG involvement - empower a mostly-passive dwarf not perceived as very dangerous to be the Overseer to stop interference with the EPG's real plans for keeping the fort alive and in good spirits.

EDIT: Updated my OP. Anyone care to nominate new funny quotes?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:23:55 pm by MDFification »

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: June 10, 2014, 01:10:38 am »

MDF, I have noticed that you, in updating your OP, have removed the quote of mine that was present. Be it known that I take this as a personal offense and that I hereby declare war on you and all of your associates. You can expect several passive-aggressive messages your way from henceforth and forever.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 10, 2014, 08:02:55 am »

MDF, I have noticed that you, in updating your OP, have removed the quote of mine that was present. Be it known that I take this as a personal offense and that I hereby declare war on you and all of your associates. You can expect several passive-aggressive messages your way from henceforth and forever.

I do periodically add/remove quotes that I find funny but people don't nominate. Since nobody nominated them though, if I don't think they're as funny as others, the cull begins.

Renugal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: June 11, 2014, 05:10:22 am »

In other news, on the floor of Vlad's bedroom is the master artwork of Id Kikrostkir titled Soshvakist, "The Sandaled Lace". The image shows Dantheman surround by rats, utterly terrified. Presumed to be screaming as well. I'd like to imagine that Vladimir wakes up every day and just looks down at the engraving, wishing that the fortress had a pit full of rats then wondering if he should make that a mandate.

Also, hello. I've been here all along, my post are invisible.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: June 11, 2014, 07:39:17 am »

Welcome welcome.  :D

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: June 11, 2014, 08:02:58 am »

In other news, on the floor of Vlad's bedroom is the master artwork of Id Kikrostkir titled Soshvakist, "The Sandaled Lace". The image shows Dantheman surround by rats, utterly terrified. Presumed to be screaming as well. I'd like to imagine that Vladimir wakes up every day and just looks down at the engraving, wishing that the fortress had a pit full of rats then wondering if he should make that a mandate.

I would tame those rats and I would make a wave of rats to escape out of the pit MHAAHAA.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: June 11, 2014, 01:33:14 pm »

I would tame those rats and I would make a wave of rats to escape out of the pit MHAAHAA.

MHAAHAA

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 11, 2014, 01:44:48 pm »

MHAAHAA
MHAAAMHAMAHAAa COUGH COUGH HACK! Carry on.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: June 11, 2014, 05:35:03 pm »

I counter your rats by filling your pit with magma when they begin to breed. Your move.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 172