Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 671734 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Petitioning for Legalisation of Gypsum Continues.
« Reply #1425 on: June 15, 2014, 01:35:33 pm »

Were we able to get Vlad back as a captain, by the way, or is he just a regular soldier now?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 15, 2014, 03:22:45 pm »

I don't think he's either one.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 16, 2014, 10:06:09 am »

Overseer's Log

I pretty sure people are done dumping things, so I order dump zone crushed. Vlad mandates some shields so I order some leather ones made. Also, his statues are done, so I order the old ones in his tomb torn down and the new ones put in. Also it is Autumn now. I told one of the smelters not to melt objects any more, but instead to make pig iron and steel.

And the legendary brewer is up and about! Unfortunately, all he can do is flop around because he has severe motor nerve damage. I've seen him brew drinks by working the machinery with his teeth, so he'll be fine. Never doubt a dwarf's stubbornness. He's trying to clean himself now but he can't pick up the soap.

Vlad mandates war hammers, so I make some. Also, that metalsmith is fine now.

OH MY GOD, LITAST. FISH SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Some kid gets a fey mood. He's the son of Taloniswolf, who had a fey mood, and Athel Balancegild, who had a fey mood. He comes from good genes. Let's see what he makes.

We're digging out more adamantine, but first I want to see how big the vein is. 5 levels of painstaking exploratory mining later, we have mined out around the vein all the way down to the magma sea. Not all of them are safe.

And that kid starts his project! I can't tell what it's going to be yet, but the base is gypsum.

I order the digging of the obviously safe adamantine. I'll test the rest later. That makes 98 more raw adamantine when it's all mined.

I ordered someone to cut all these trees we have in big rooms. That brewer is still trying to pick up the soap. I feel kind of bad about what happened to him. He was a pillar upon which the fort was built.

The giant lobster FB has been scaring people through the fortifications. It can't hurt anyone from there, and Danman says it has webs, so I won't deal with it.

Migrants! A great engineer, a great jeweler, a great woodcutter, a great engraver, a pet lamb, a pet keet, a great mechanic, a great miner, and a great ranger. The ranger goes in the military at once.

((Only a few screenshots today, Onenote is being weird. Maybe I'll screenshot the new adamantine later.))

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 16, 2014, 02:29:09 pm »

*Staring deeply into the eyes of the lobster* "Hmm, lovely beauty you are aren't you, but just to make sure you don't do any thing bad. *picks up sharpen sticked.* POKE, POKE, POKE right in the eyes." *Said well jabbing the sharp stick into beasts eye spindle thing.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 16, 2014, 03:08:16 pm »

I vote Dan gets sacrificed to the lobster for cruelty to animals. I mean, burning them alive or dunking them in magma is one thing, but poking them with a stick? There has to be standards.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 16, 2014, 03:21:47 pm »

I vote Dan gets sacrificed to the lobster for cruelty to animals. I mean, burning them alive or dunking them in magma is one thing, but poking them with a stick? There has to be standards.
Haa! Really standards in dwarf fortress and any ways I only poked it in it's 3 eyes but It still has one left. :P

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 16, 2014, 03:26:18 pm »

But what about spiders?
Spiders are, well, spiders.
Also they're easy to hunt.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 16, 2014, 03:34:15 pm »

But what about spiders?
Spiders are, well, spiders.
Also they're easy to hunt.
Depend if I to see a spider and If it's touching me or not.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 16, 2014, 03:40:49 pm »

It's OK. The lobster has no eyes. He was just poking the shell.

The following is a speech given to the citizens of Demongate by Flame

The influx of mechanics has got me thinking. Our traps are our main form of defence, but they're the same traps we built years ago. They are out of date and are built with crappy mechanisms and a single glass serrated disc per trap. But we've got all this steel that we won't be using because we have adamantine now, and all these great mechanics sitting around doing nothing.

So I've got myself a project. We'll make new mechanisms, and all mechanisms of lower than superior quality will be atom-smashed. We'll replace all the trap mechanisms with exceptionals and masterworks and the levers with superiors. And we'll load the traps with masterwork steel serrated disks, made by yours truly. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some discs to make.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 03:45:20 pm by TheFlame52 »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 16, 2014, 03:46:47 pm »

...and I start peddling unnecessary iron protective gear for no reason besides boredom.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 16, 2014, 04:38:43 pm »

...and I start peddling unnecessary iron protective gear for no reason besides boredom.
'UMM BUTTSCRATCHER! ANY BODY WANT A LOBSTER BUTTSCRATCHER ONLY 20 COINS. That reminds me we should make some coins for the fortress just so we see what the coins will look like.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: June 16, 2014, 04:42:00 pm »

And so we can shoot them at our enemies to humiliate them.
I like your thinking.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 16, 2014, 05:15:24 pm »

And then the FPS can drop while metal is expended on projects that don't improve fortress morale or function.
 :o

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 16, 2014, 05:18:16 pm »

And then the FPS can drop while metal is expended on projects that don't improve fortress morale or function.
Do weapon traps not give dwarves happy thoughts?
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: June 16, 2014, 05:45:29 pm »

Do weapon traps not give dwarves happy thoughts?
I have seen the thought "admired a fine Trap lately", but that was a cage trap, so I can't be sure it'd have the same effect.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to claim a marksdwerf if possible?
くコ:彡
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 172