Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 670631 times)

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Petitioning for Legalisation of Gypsum Continues.
« Reply #1470 on: June 19, 2014, 08:03:36 pm »

Also, Gnora is now a legendary grower. Chew on that, Vlad!
Duke Vlad's quaking in his looted boots of indescribable beauty and utility, in the office he stole from her.

EDIT: I think only 2 overseers have made themselves tombs in Demongate, and to be fair I was forced to by noble requirements. Steelhold, though... we prepared for death in Steelhold. Possibly due to excessive overseer murder. Not going to name names. We all sullied ourselves.
Well, I for one didn't kill a single ex overseer in my turn. Dozens of regular people, sure. But no one important.

In any case, Fallen, if you're planning on making yourself a better room, don't make it too fancy. We're trying to avoid driving our nobility insane.
Speak for thyself.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 19, 2014, 08:05:17 pm »

If anyone needs to know anything about Demongate's or a character's history, ask me. I just abandoned and exported legends. I AM THE GUARDIAN OF KNOWLEDGE. I KNOW DEMONS, FORGOTTEN BEASTS, AND NOW HISTORY. NOTHING IS UNKNOWN TO ME.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 19, 2014, 08:16:20 pm »

Relax, I only plan to go so far as to engrave the whole thing and add some low-quality iron statues made to train a metalsmith. At most he'll be put off or flustered, which will cause around as much trouble as flies.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 19, 2014, 08:27:23 pm »

At most he'll be put off or flustered, which will cause around as much trouble as flies.
Ahahahaha
AHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Vlad gets utterly traumatized actually, literally the worst possible outcome mood-wise. He'll loose 40 points of happiness, which drops him around one full level of happiness, per room. Meaning that Vlad would actually be less upset if you killed his pet (presuming he had one) than if your room value goes over his, and only slightly less upset than he would be if he accidentally killed someone in a fit of rage. It is a problem. Ve are havingk problem.

EDIT: Really the simplest way to prevent Vlad to noble'ing the fort into a spiral (this fort's morale is so damn fragile) would be to lock him and Thane together until they get married. That way, every 9 months Thane gets +1000 happiness and Vlad gets +500. It makes a spiral more damaging, but less likely to happen.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 08:48:39 pm by MDFification »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 19, 2014, 08:31:20 pm »

Regular, modifier-free iron statues are worth so little that even a pile of sensitive goo wouldn't care.
And if he does care, I won't cause an accident.
I will, however, set up a system to lock him in his room in case he goes nuts.
Iron bridge, iron mechanisms, iron lever FAR AWAY from him.
Plus, he'll get his own statues.
Higher-quality statues.
That should offset the thing that causes the thing to prevent the Thing.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: June 19, 2014, 10:20:05 pm »

Regular, modifier-free iron statues are worth so little that even a pile of sensitive goo wouldn't care.
And if he does care, I won't cause an accident.
I will, however, set up a system to lock him in his room in case he goes nuts.
Iron bridge, iron mechanisms, iron lever FAR AWAY from him.
Plus, he'll get his own statues.
Higher-quality statues.
That should offset the thing that causes the thing to prevent the Thing.
I say give him a pet lizard-snail with also a statue of a spider-crawler in his that spews spiders.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: June 20, 2014, 12:04:15 am »

If anyone needs to know anything about Demongate's or a character's history, ask me. I just abandoned and exported legends. I AM THE GUARDIAN OF KNOWLEDGE. I KNOW DEMONS, FORGOTTEN BEASTS, AND NOW HISTORY. NOTHING IS UNKNOWN TO ME.

Alright then. Mind giving me an idea of what Artyom's been up to before he arrived at Demongate?... and while he has been here, while you're at it. I would like to get as much knowledge of him as possible.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: June 20, 2014, 03:05:21 am »

Brother Cornelius was very gloomy on this prayer. He even skipped his usual sunshine barrel and took a glumprong barrel out of the darkes corner of his cellar. "Gutter Cruor" was the label, and +image of skulls+ in goblin bone was the warning. Nethertheless, he pur it into his mug and gulped it empty with no emotion on his dark face.
- Cornelius? Now you look more dead than alive, brother. - Tarnid joined his one-man-party. - What's the matter?
- That beast vapor is a bitch. Four died no matter what I did, and I even could do nothing with thier pain. The infection speads inside joints, and even the slightest move aches like hell! Maybe baby and the other guy overcome the disease, but chances are low. Ahh, screw it all... - another mug of gutter cruor gulped empty.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: June 20, 2014, 07:01:52 am »

Alright then. Mind giving me an idea of what Artyom's been up to before he arrived at Demongate?... and while he has been here, while you're at it. I would like to get as much knowledge of him as possible.
Prior to Demongate, Artyom did absolutely nothing. Sine then, he's been a miner and joined the militia with a pickaxe. There's probably some other stuff too, but that's all I remember for now.

Relax, I only plan to go so far as to engrave the whole thing and add some low-quality iron statues made to train a metalsmith. At most he'll be put off or flustered, which will cause around as much trouble as flies.
The problem here isn't the statues, it's the engravings. I've had fully engraved rooms hitting opulent quality if the material in the walls and floors is valuable enough and the engravers are skilled, and our engravers have definitely had enough time to hit legendary.

Also, Dan, will you be wanting the next turn?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 07:10:12 am by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: June 20, 2014, 07:37:03 am »

Yeah, as one of the founders, he was generated on the spot when he reached Demongate. You can make up your own history.

- That beast vapor is a bitch. Four died no matter what I did, and I even could do nothing with thier pain. The infection speads inside joints, and even the slightest move aches like hell! Maybe baby and the other guy overcome the disease, but chances are low. Ahh, screw it all...
Actually, it must not have hurt that much. The four were sparring in their barracks from after they were released to when they died. That's why the military is sad, because they saw their squadmates die of infection right in front of them.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: June 20, 2014, 08:25:20 am »

Yeah, as one of the founders, he was generated on the spot when he reached Demongate. You can make up your own history.

- That beast vapor is a bitch. Four died no matter what I did, and I even could do nothing with thier pain. The infection speads inside joints, and even the slightest move aches like hell! Maybe baby and the other guy overcome the disease, but chances are low. Ahh, screw it all...
Actually, it must not have hurt that much. The four were sparring in their barracks from after they were released to when they died. That's why the military is sad, because they saw their squadmates die of infection right in front of them.
Depends if the game isn't to fps draining but the problem is on Wednesday I will be leaving for Peru for 8 days so yay.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: June 20, 2014, 10:11:41 am »

Ouch. That's brutal.
- Mosus, are you okay?
- I'm fine, let's spar!
- Are you sure? you don't look healthy... your joints are bloated and hot...
- I'm fine, I said! Take your axe!
In the middle of sparring his joints suddenly burst, staining the whole squad with gore and pus
- OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 20, 2014, 12:13:44 pm »

Did TheFlame52 have any sort of personal construction project? I know that I had the Chapel of St. Jackal, Rhaken had the Schoolhouse, peregarrett had the Church of St. Zane, and Captain Archmage had the Guild House (leaving his original project sadly incomplete).
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 20, 2014, 12:18:13 pm »

I fixed a church, and I started replacing the traps with masterwork/exception steel...

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: June 20, 2014, 12:33:32 pm »

They must have been washed without soap or something if they died of infection outside the hospital. They wouldn't have stopped resting until all their wounds had been treated.

Dan, I can bump your turn down the list a bit if you're not able to take it.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 172