Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 673900 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Legs are for Cowards.
« Reply #1845 on: August 11, 2014, 05:58:33 pm »

Dude, the spider's just an ornamental room (open to the surface, with bloody dining rooms right there, inviting dwarves to go and eat there during an invasion). That doesn't confuse me. What confuses me is rooms that clearly have some intended purpose, but I have absolutely no idea what, and no way of knowing.

EDIT: The other spider, on the other hand...
くコ:彡

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: August 11, 2014, 06:06:00 pm »

Dude, the spider's just an ornamental room (open to the surface, with bloody dining rooms right there, inviting dwarves to go and eat there during an invasion). That doesn't confuse me. What confuses me is rooms that clearly have some intended purpose, but I have absolutely no idea what, and no way of knowing.

EDIT: The other spider, on the other hand...
Oiii my spider lab has some purpose, it has a death pit. Just check the notes for information.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: August 11, 2014, 06:18:22 pm »

Oh dear god. Where do I even start. I'm going to need to spend the first part of my turn just getting an overview of the fort put together because I have no idea what I'm looking at. We have a room with like thirty cabinets! Not even assigned to anyone, just thirty bloody cabinets around some tables and chairs!

That's the school's library. Not sure if I left a note about it, but I do know I wrote about it when it was built during my turn.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: August 11, 2014, 06:21:25 pm »

Now that I know you guys actually left notes, I can figure things out.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: August 11, 2014, 06:21:38 pm »

As with all succession games, if you can't figure out the purpose of a room it's best to ignore it lest you fill it with magma. And if you see an unlabled lever, don't pull it lest you fill the dining room with magma.

In fact, if you W X, leave it be lest you Y Z with magma.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: August 11, 2014, 06:23:54 pm »

As with all succession games, if you can't figure out the purpose of a room it's best to ignore it lest you fill it with magma. And if you see an unlabled lever, don't pull it lest you fill the dining room with magma.

I find this oddly hilarious. Nominated for quotes list.

...Does anyone have the availability to help me with writing the battle against Nish that I've been promising for months?
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: August 11, 2014, 06:44:34 pm »

Is my baby alive and is my hybrid alive too, since I got blasted with fire.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: August 11, 2014, 06:53:19 pm »

...Does anyone have the availability to help me with writing the battle against Nish that I've been promising for months?
By "help," I assume you mean you want someone to write it for you. Am I correct?
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: August 11, 2014, 06:59:25 pm »

Your baby is most likely dead if it got set on fire. I haven't seen anything about the hybrid getting injured.

I find this oddly hilarious. Nominated for quotes list.

I could give it a shot, but I wouldn't be really free to help till the weekend (well, I am, I just hate typing anything of any length on a touchscreen and my computer is getting fixed). It'd probably take me a few goes to come up with anything good though.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: August 11, 2014, 07:04:33 pm »

I don't recall the baby or the hybrid dying during my turn.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: August 11, 2014, 07:12:53 pm »

By the way, I tested a lot of the levers during my turn.
Not all of them do something. Even the ones with mechanisms in them.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: August 11, 2014, 07:13:05 pm »

From the Diary of Zaerosz Craftdaggers
Entry dated Granite 3rd

Two days ago, at the turn of the year, I was appointed overseer of this place. Why, I cannot fathom, particularly since I was leading a demonstration for the other soldiers at the time. Or rather, the only other soldier in my squad. I think I might need to spend some time fixing our military this year.

Spoiler: Zaerosz Craftdaggers (click to show/hide)

Appointing my squadmate Vabôk Paddledhandles as my personal aide I spent the last couple of days learning about the fort...

Spoiler: The Surface (click to show/hide)

"You know..." Zaerosz began, staring at the mountain of corpses with more than a little revulsion, "I feel like even though I've been here for six years, I've never actually figured out why we haven't dealt with things like this yet."

Vabôk just gently guided her away. "Overseers around here tend to be... a little less than productive," she sighed.

"And whose bloody idea was it to make a dining room with open access to the surface?" Zaerosz waved a hand in the general direction of The Spider. "Gods know that's caused more than its share of deaths around here."

Spoiler: The Spider (click to show/hide)

"One of those FallenAngel blokes, if I recall, miss."

"Tell the masons to build a raising bridge in the entryway, it needs to be sealed off."

"Yes, miss."

"Oh, that's just inefficient."

Spoiler: The Farms (click to show/hide)

"You come from a farming family, miss?"

Zaerosz shrugged. "I was always more interested in animals than plants, but yes. What we should be doing here," she said, quickly jotting something down, "is splitting those two large plots into four smaller ones each. I can't say I see the need for that many plump helmets..." She trailed off, staring at the ceiling.

Vabôk just raised an eyebrow and waited for her brain to come back down to earth.

"You know, Vabôk, if we took care of that corpse pile on the surface, we could easily turn one of these spaces into a surface crop farm. Oh, and tell the miners to clear out a space behind the smaller plots over there, we need a dedicated seed storage on the farm level."

"Alright, what've we got on this floor?"

Spoiler: This Floor (click to show/hide)

Vabôk checked her clipboard - when did she pick that up? Zaerosz wondered - and frowned. "Well, that hole over there is from illuminating the spot on the next floor down, for growing surface plants, and... the rest of this floor is just a finished goods stockpile."

"...but it's tiny. Not even half the room."

Vabôk shrugged.

"Alright, now we're getting somewhere. What have we got here?"

Spoiler: The Main Floor (click to show/hide)

"Well, to the west of the staircase we have the classroom and library, as well as the dining hall and food stockpile. South of the food pile there's the kitchens. Down the eastern corridor we have some workshops, and at the first right turn we have the hall down to the forges--"

Zaerosz held out a hand, and her aide paused. "Okay, why do we have both charcoal forges AND magma forges?"

"No idea, miss, but may I continue?"

The new overseer sighed. "Yes, go ahead."

"And in the far southeast corner is the bar stockpile. Just north of that is the arena, which can be flooded with magma at a moment's notice."

Spoiler: The Other Spider (click to show/hide)

"What."

"Apparently it's some sort of laboratory, belonging to a deceased member of the fortress."

"Is that what all the writhing corpses are for?"

"The lab is apparently for, and I quote, 'removing body parts from goblins, fusion of body parts and animals togather'."

"...What."

Spoiler: The Hospital Floor (click to show/hide)

"On this floor we have the hospital, which someone is requesting an expansion for, as well as additional supplies."

"Noted. I'll try to get it done. Anything else of note?"

"No, mostly stockpiles. The treasury is the farthest door on the left down that hallway, though."

Spoiler: The Burial Floor (click to show/hide)

Neither Zaerosz nor Vabôk needed any explanation as to what this floor was for. They were well familiar with both its functions.

Spoiler: The Mining Floor (click to show/hide)

"And down here are the mine shafts."

"I'll have to get the miners back in here once that seed stockpile is set up. Anything else I need to know about?"

"There are some bedrooms further down, and a forgotten beast has appeared in the caverns, but other than that, nothing overly important."

"I see. Right then, first order of business: consolidating our military."

Both Danman and the baby are perfectly healthy.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: August 11, 2014, 07:24:45 pm »

Don't worry too terribly much about the external entrance to the Spider Bunker. The downwards stairway into the fortress should be sealed with clay.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: August 11, 2014, 07:32:49 pm »

It does not appear to be so.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: August 11, 2014, 07:53:38 pm »

By "help," I assume you mean you want someone to write it for you. Am I correct?

Hell no. I like writing. I just haven't been able to these past months. Adding corporate slavery to my expansive list of daily activities kind of killed my writing time.

What I do need is folks to cooperate with. We talk about the scenes, do an outline if necessary, chip in a few bits here and there, then go over the whole thing and improve the prose wherever necessary.

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 172