Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 671541 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Legs are for Cowards.
« Reply #1965 on: August 30, 2014, 07:29:40 am »

As I have said before, Demongate is WEIRD.
I suppose, since Thane was brought into Tarmid's office, she never met the lookalike?

There's probably 10-20 very confused dwarves by now.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: August 30, 2014, 08:36:14 pm »

Events of 7th Granite, 665:

Corley pulled the lever by his side and soon listened to the familiar clang of the steel door being closed behind him. His thaumateurge made the usual motions, and one-by-one the slabs began to glow. Corley noticed, however, that two of the slabs remained dark; there was no one on the other end.

"So," he began, "who is here?"

"I am here" responded Datan's voice. "Corley, I want no part in this wretched plot of yours."

"And why would that be?"

"If you think that I, for even an instant, would trust you, you're just plain naïve."

"Is that your final decision?"

"Yes."

"Very well." Corley motioned to his thaumateurge. "Cut the connection."

The slab ceased to glow then, leaving two remaining. Corley asked for one of the two to speak up.

"As for me," began Nathob, "I can assure you that you have my support. My wealth and men will be able to greatly aid you in your search."

"That is excellent to hear," replied Corley. A smile began to creep onto his face. His plan was finally beginning to gather more collaborators.

"I trust that you will not forget your promise," said Nathob.

"Fear not. I'll see to it that you become a worthy godess."

A voice suddenly came from the final slab: "I doubt I even have to tell you that you have our support."

"Excellent. Josef, Nathob, with your cooperation, our goal will be reached in no time. Nathob, you will be receiving instructions shortly regarding the search. As for Josef, you may continue hiring thee mercenaries for the eventual invasion. The next meeting shall be held one month from now. Dismissed!"

The thaumateurge brought the spell to an end and the glows died out. Corley leaned back in his chair, wondering about the other two. After the first meeting the week before, he did not expect much from Gulo; the idiot probably had his thaumateurge killed right after the connection ceased. Pilat on the other hand, he had hoped to win over to his side. "At the very least," he said aloud, "I expected that Pilat would at least inform me of his rejection of my offer directly."

"I have an answer Father," said the thaumateurge as it reached into its cloak. The creature began to smile proudly as it rummaged through its pockets. "The lord's thaumateurge came by this morning; couldn't get back in time. Pilat sent this to you!"

Corley glanced at the hard-leather box that the thaumateurge held out for him. He was hesitant to open the box himself or, for that matter, to even have it near him.

"Open it," he said. The thaumateurge suddenly realized the poential danger before them. It slowly reached for the hinged lid, quivering in fear. With a forceful push, he thrust open the lid and held the box as far away from him as he could. He then cried out in fear as he awaited an explosion, or perhaps a cloud of poisonous smoke, or any other terrible traps that could have been in the box. When nothing happened, he smiled once again and gave the box to his master.

Inside was a strange contraption; it was unlike anything that Corley had seen in all of his years. It was long and straight, though it curved slightly at one end. It had various metal bracings and components covering it as well, one of which was connected to wick of some sort. At one end was an opening, revealing the hollowed interior. Alongside the device were various tools, oils, powders, and balls that Corley also failed to ascribe meaning to. Two papers were tied to the hollowed end with string, one of which was a letter. It read:

"To Corley,

I write to tell you of my decision to enter into collaboration with your cause. I eagerly await working with you and I hope that we may achieve our mutual goal. I apologize that I will not be able attend our scheduled meeting, but do not take that as any indication of a lack of cooperation on my part. This weapon is a gift to you, a token of our agreement. It is a new invention of us humans; may it serve you well. The instructions for its use are attached to the barrel. Whatever I must do to help you, tell me at once.

Sincerely,
Lord Pilat"
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: August 31, 2014, 08:54:06 am »

Ahahaha

Anyone have a bulletproof vest?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: August 31, 2014, 02:24:46 pm »

Ahahaha

Anyone have a bulletproof vest?

Seeing as the fort has more bodysnatchers than pulp science fiction, that's likely to be unnecessary.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: September 02, 2014, 01:34:28 pm »

Do I need to perform CPR on the thread?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: September 02, 2014, 02:57:48 pm »

Yes please and could be school starting up again.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: September 02, 2014, 03:39:20 pm »

Perform WHAT?

Autumn made to its end, and dwarven merchants arrived to the newly built depot. FractalEntity was unusually ready to trade, so we sold a whole load of old clothings in exchange of gold bars, steel armor, cheese and a yak bull. Not that we really needed all that stuff, but it seemed the most useful.

The last sparing between Cornelius and Flame was unnaturally swift and easy.

- Hey, Flame, what's the hell? I've just stabbed you twice. Where are you, dreaming?
- Maybe that's you became skillful speardwarf, Padre?
- Don't fool me. I know my level and yours too. And your Ethadmerseth is no match to my ordinary iron spear. What's the problem?
- ... Thaumaturgy...
- What? Traumatology? You should've come to the hospital if you're injured.
- Not traumatology, thaumaturgy. Magic, as it's usually called.
- I do not believe in magic. There's science and there're fairy tales, sometimes both. Also there's divine intervention, but that's a very rare case.
- Oh, nevermind then. Defend yourself!
Sparring went on, in a more usual way. That is, Cornelius was pressed to turtle behind his artifact shield and still go ocassional taps on parts that didn't fit it.

Matthilde's youngest daughter got posession and made a mudstone scepter called Lasganbumal "The Tan Worry", with a picture of Ripperpunch theadamantine chest and dragon Inira Wealthtaxed the Heat of Diamonds killing some human. If When we get a queen, it can serve as a royal scepter, I think.

A magma spewing device failed to work, all because a middle pump was left unconnected from power source. Who was the designer of this thing?! It needs some improvement!

A vile force of darkness has arrived!

A few trolls made in through merchants entrance, but caravan guards stopped them till the gate was closed. The others charged at the gate, but traps did their job well and, after several way too brave goblins died, the siege was lifted. With a few losses of unlucky dwarves that got caught far from

Cornelius passed his overseership without any celebrations. Looks like he's been terribly tired of being in charge of everything. Instead he prefer to spend his days in mastering his spear and carving malachite statues in his own deep workshop. And drinking.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/submit.php?action=message&fid=9597

Sorry for such a not-roleplaying final, but I kinda tired of it and really lost in what happens here.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: September 02, 2014, 03:42:42 pm »

Who is overseer now? Is it me? The OP hasn't been updated in a while.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: September 02, 2014, 03:53:51 pm »

Who is overseer now? Is it me? The OP hasn't been updated in a while.
Since the fort rides a minecart right into madness, you can grab the game as soon as you feel courage for that.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: September 02, 2014, 03:56:44 pm »

Gotcha, grabbing the save now and writing the first update.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: September 02, 2014, 04:14:46 pm »

Shoddy next. Frosh week ends soon - then we can see if I can have a second turn without killing the fort this time.
Although to be fair, I wasn't given a whole lot to work with. A bunch of tantrumming vampires, to be precise.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: September 02, 2014, 04:52:07 pm »

The turn after Garett is Mask's, so I'll see what he's up to.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: September 02, 2014, 04:56:29 pm »

EDIT: Bleh, let's sort things out and then we can do stuff. But I've already started playing and I've done about 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:12:01 pm by TheFlame52 »

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: September 02, 2014, 05:11:50 pm »

The following is a speech given by Flame on Granite 1st, 666

As you well know, my friend Cornelius passed the overseership of this fortress over to me. Like any other overseer, I'm going to make some changes. For almost as long as this fort has had walls, there has been a pile of rotting garbage in the courtyard. I tried to keep it small while I was overseer, but when my term ended it grew back to its old size. But I have a solution that will keep the pile small: a magma dump. I've ordered the construction of a tunnel to bring magma under the pile. Then we will throw the garbage into the hole. Don't worry, the hole is deep enough to avoid any splashes. Let's keep Demongate clean!

I'd wait until we've heard from Mask or a day at least has passed to post the next turn. He does technically speaking have turn priority.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: September 02, 2014, 08:21:29 pm »

I'll get some plot related to Thane's various goings on up tomorrow evening, which may or may not include a reason why Brenzen can't take the helm. We'll see. Also, Fallen, if you could send me some sort of plot regarding why you want a hammer or whatever it is you want, we can likely try to work out a satisfactory resolution rather than me hitting you with a hammer, which is exactly the response Thane would give to seeing someone disguised as herself.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 172