Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 671039 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Legs are for Cowards.
« Reply #2010 on: September 06, 2014, 05:45:10 pm »

Flame can hop bodies too, but she hasn't had the need to yet. Also, she seems to have forgotten her original purpose.
Well, I suppose Flame doesn't have a disposition for being in unnaturally dangerous areas at the wrong time, unlike FallenAngel.
His first death was during a goblin siege near the safety of the spider.
Has anyone found the corpse? I hid and forbid it.
THE ULTIMATE TREASURE HUNT.
or, you know, I can use the stocks screen to find it.
Sure, if you want to be boring about it.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: September 06, 2014, 06:03:56 pm »

As I mentioned earlier in the thread: you can mod in a substance that inflicts a syndrome that permanently changes a specific race into another. If we were to mod such a syndrome in, we could use DFhack to force a siege of whatever and then transform them all into bloodkin/bloodkin thaumaturges.

If anyone actually ever gets around to doing this, we can finally have our confrontation. Hopefully using large enough numbers of 'kin and mages to make it dangerous to the fort.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: September 06, 2014, 06:20:04 pm »

Exactly how dangerous are the base-level bloodkin to an experienced militia-dwarf?
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: September 06, 2014, 07:14:19 pm »

Exactly how dangerous are the base-level bloodkin to an experienced militia-dwarf?
eh?

I'd have to take another look at the raws, but they aren't that much more powerful than a standard dwarf, particularly since most of my contributions had to be taken out due to bugs.  There is, however, one thing which makes them extremely powerful: they can convert you with their bite attack. (Which actually may not work as intended right now, due to possible modding mistakes/a weird rage bug).

Edit: looks to be that I made a mistake modding the raws: bloodkin transformations do not cause them to change allegience from their mother civilization.  As such, transformed dwarves would simply be more powerful, I guess.  Also, I laughed when I saw the interaction file, because it contains an easter egg of something MDF and I planned but had to take out due to it working poorly in the current system.  Same with the materials folder, which actually has two easter eggs.
Edit 2: to clarify: by change allegiance I mean "go berserk", because there isn't currently a way to make a creature change to a different civ by modding.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 07:22:17 pm by 4maskwolf »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: September 06, 2014, 07:39:03 pm »

eh?

I'd have to take another look at the raws, but they aren't that much more powerful than a standard dwarf, particularly since most of my contributions had to be taken out due to bugs.  There is, however, one thing which makes them extremely powerful: they can convert you with their bite attack. (Which actually may not work as intended right now, due to possible modding mistakes/a weird rage bug).

Edit: looks to be that I made a mistake modding the raws: bloodkin transformations do not cause them to change allegience from their mother civilization.  As such, transformed dwarves would simply be more powerful, I guess.  Also, I laughed when I saw the interaction file, because it contains an easter egg of something MDF and I planned but had to take out due to it working poorly in the current system.  Same with the materials folder, which actually has two easter eggs.
Edit 2: to clarify: by change allegiance I mean "go berserk", because there isn't currently a way to make a creature change to a different civ by modding.
I think it was the floating brains in MDF that would some how cause my dwarf to attack the other dwarfs after attacking the brain or he had schizophrenia.

EDIT-could that be of any use for turning the dwarfs into bloodkin?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 08:55:10 pm by danmanthedog »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: September 06, 2014, 08:52:52 pm »

Flame can hop bodies too, but she hasn't had the need to yet. Also, she seems to have forgotten her original purpose.
Well, I suppose Flame doesn't have a disposition for being in unnaturally dangerous areas at the wrong time, unlike FallenAngel.
I found that thing in the first week of my turn. It was the reason for Thane taking control of the fortress in the first place. Plus it was under a pile of clothes and stuff.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: September 06, 2014, 09:15:33 pm »

I found that thing in the first week of my turn. It was the reason for Thane taking control of the fortress in the first place. Plus it was under a pile of clothes and stuff.
Oh, right, I forgot.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: September 06, 2014, 09:51:21 pm »

Oh, right, I forgot.
OR DID YOU FORGET?!?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: September 06, 2014, 10:04:45 pm »

Could I get Dorf'd? I'd like a man in the militia please. I don't care if he dies; I only want to know if he does.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: September 07, 2014, 06:42:26 am »

I don't want to spoil, so I'll just say that if they come in numbers with adequate thaumaturge support, I'd be worried.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: September 08, 2014, 08:10:28 am »

If you're wondering why the delay, a lot of the story progression this turn will depend upon my superior writer friend Rhaken's next post, where Sir Brenzen and Tarmid talk.  As such, I'm just waiting patiently until he gets online.

Don't hurry, Rhaken.  I was just giving everyone else an update as to why I haven't posted much.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: September 08, 2014, 09:38:11 am »

If you're wondering why the delay, a lot of the story progression this turn will depend upon my superior writer friend Rhaken's next post, where Sir Brenzen and Tarmid talk.  As such, I'm just waiting patiently until he gets online.

Don't hurry, Rhaken.  I was just giving everyone else an update as to why I haven't posted much.

Now don't y'all worry. It should be up by wednesday tops. I've been busy as all of fuck, but things should calm down for a few days. Calm is good. Calm means writing.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: September 10, 2014, 01:13:30 pm »

eh?

You can give them [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE], which causes them to no longer be counted as citizens of your civ and to attack everything that doesn't have [NOT_LIVING]. Or you can give them [CRAZED] which forces them to attack everyone and no longer be part of your civ, but then they'll attack eachother as well.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: September 10, 2014, 01:33:12 pm »

eh?

You can give them [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE], which causes them to no longer be counted as citizens of your civ and to attack everything that doesn't have [NOT_LIVING]. Or you can give them [CRAZED] which forces them to attack everyone and no longer be part of your civ, but then they'll attack eachother as well.
IIRC, neither of those tags actually works that way when it comes to removing from civ.  I have used a rage mist effect in my InfrenoBreak mod, but killing the raged creature causes a loyalty cascade.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: September 10, 2014, 03:33:49 pm »

The crazed thing only works if it then causes them to attack a member of the same civ, which causes them to become enemies of that civilisation. Of course, if one of their former friends hits them first, things get nasty.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 172