Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 673992 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, home of the first and best Pimpstack.
« Reply #2145 on: September 27, 2014, 08:26:37 pm »

Check your pm's, Fallen.

Hey everyone, I'd like to say something rather important for the future of the fortress.  What some of you may not know is that there is a lot of work done behind the scenes to coordinate the story and ensure that in the end, there is a satisfying conclusion for everyone.  One of the things that I've realized recently is that because this is mostly done by the "old guard": me, Rhaken, Deus Asmoth, MDFication, and Gnorm, that it not only excludes you all from the ongoing plot but also means that you don't know what we have planned.  This can have unforseen consequences that, while sometimes helpful to the story, can also cause disruption, and frankly we're probably the ones to blame for that for not working with you all to weave your personal narratives into the larger story.

So, I'm going to say something here: if there is something specific you are going for, something you want for your character's story, pm one of us.  We can help you accomplish it while also making it more awesome by having actually affects on the story as a whole.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: September 27, 2014, 08:31:29 pm »

Check your pm's, Fallen.

Hey everyone, I'd like to say something rather important for the future of the fortress.  What some of you may not know is that there is a lot of work done behind the scenes to coordinate the story and ensure that in the end, there is a satisfying conclusion for everyone.  One of the things that I've realized recently is that because this is mostly done by the "old guard": me, Rhaken, Deus Asmoth, MDFication, and Gnorm, that it not only excludes you all from the ongoing plot but also means that you don't know what we have planned.  This can have unforseen consequences that, while sometimes helpful to the story, can also cause disruption, and frankly we're probably the ones to blame for that for not working with you all to weave your personal narratives into the larger story.

So, I'm going to say something here: if there is something specific you are going for, something you want for your character's story, pm one of us.  We can help you accomplish it while also making it more awesome by having actually affects on the story as a whole.

This message endorsed by the Steelhold & Demongate Conspiracy Foundation (probably).
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: September 27, 2014, 08:36:51 pm »

I like how in story every one is hating on fallen but did every one forget about my body stealing. (I can't really post long posts because of data.) Also how goes the spear trapping for hell?

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: September 27, 2014, 08:42:49 pm »

I like how in story every one is hating on fallen but did every one forget about my body stealing. (I can't really post long posts because of data.) Also how goes the spear trapping for hell?
You body swapped once. He is in his fourth incarnation, steals corpses of major characters, declares a powerful artifact to be his brother and attempts to steal it, impersonates a main character, and attacks characters for teh lulz.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: September 27, 2014, 08:55:06 pm »

You body swapped once. He is in his fourth incarnation, steals corpses of major characters, declares a powerful artifact to be his brother and attempts to steal it, impersonates a main character, and attacks characters for teh lulz.
Your point? I see nothing wrong with how the story is progressing.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: September 27, 2014, 09:14:47 pm »

If you see nothing wrong with how your story is progressing, perhaps I am mistaken, unenlightened. Explain to me then, how I can understand it, for I am in need of your help. How is your story progressing, from the beginning where you were burning insects for fun up until now? Where do you plan to take this story?
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: September 27, 2014, 09:23:15 pm »

If you see nothing wrong with how your story is progressing, perhaps I am mistaken, unenlightened. Explain to me then, how I can understand it, for I am in need of your help. How is your story progressing, from the beginning where you were burning insects for fun up until now? Where do you plan to take this story?
Gnorm.

First of all, the passive-aggressive nature of that was uncalledfor.  Second, he doesn't have much of a plan.  I asked him.  But I'm also going to try to work with him to refine his plans (read: have a clear direction to work towards).

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: September 27, 2014, 09:32:29 pm »

>And so the IRL Evening Prayer Group rears its ugly head, and the thread was thrown into chaos.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: September 27, 2014, 09:35:25 pm »

>And so the IRL Evening Prayer Group rears its ugly head, and the thread was thrown into chaos.

This might be a bad time to mention that I'm a teetotaler.

Obviously, one of you must drink my share. I nominate MDFI.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: September 27, 2014, 09:41:29 pm »

This might be a bad time to mention that I'm a teetotaler.

Obviously, one of you must drink my share. I nominate MDFI.

My liver may never forgive you.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: September 27, 2014, 10:55:19 pm »

Everyone?

Nah. My character noticed your bodysurfing, said hi, then wondered why none of the other "main characters" were bodysurfing reliably.

Three months later, it hit him: he needed to upgrade the resurrection mechanic of the universe. 
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: September 27, 2014, 10:58:04 pm »

Everyone?

Nah. My character noticed your bodysurfing, said hi, then wondered why none of the other "main characters" were bodysurfing reliably.

Three months later, it hit him: he needed to upgrade the resurrection mechanic of the universe.

Holy crap you're alive.

Hypothetically, if Tarmid were to ask your dwarf about Steelhold, how much of the truth would he get?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: September 27, 2014, 11:04:49 pm »

There's nothing wrong with how the story is progressing, it just makes sense that every other dwarf in Demongate would think you're a sociopath.

Also, for people interested in coordinating with the overarching plotlines, there's link in the OP to a discussion. If you want to keep your plans private and react to things as they come, that's fine too, but if you're involving other people it's polite to give them some idea of what you have in mind.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:06:41 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: September 28, 2014, 07:28:20 am »

I was playing around... damm the passive aggressive is thick like molasses.  Let's all take a breather and burn some elves.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: September 28, 2014, 09:03:34 am »

I'd like to point out to FallenAngel that it generally helps if things actually make sense within the context of the story. Not your story, the fort's story. None of what I've seen so far from you has achieved that. Just speaking as, you know, a casual observer.
くコ:彡
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 172