Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 669645 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #240 on: March 19, 2014, 06:25:29 pm »

It's weird. Three of our monarchs were married, but they still didn't have any children. Maybe someone had a vested interest in destabilizing our government.

By the way, I was right about the north being a tougher enemy than the south. We've been at was with the bloodkin civilization in the north since 153, and we've been winning. There were also four wars against the elves.

There's only one explanation: We've been ruled by a succession of kings/king consorts who's balls were too large for feasible procreation.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, a Succession Fortress Against Evil
« Reply #241 on: March 19, 2014, 07:00:13 pm »

No, the former Steelholdians went power mad and saw them as a threat when the monarchy became that badass.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 19, 2014, 07:07:45 pm »

ARHHHHH my spimators all died of old age... they only live for at most 65 years and die arhhhhh hmmmm is there a way to increase the age limit of a creature?

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 19, 2014, 07:27:25 pm »

ARHHHHH my spimators all died of old age... they only live for at most 65 years and die arhhhhh hmmmm is there a way to increase the age limit of a creature?

So THAT'S what that was! I spent some odd 10 minutes today trying to figure out what in all hells a spimmator is. Without an internet connection.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 19, 2014, 07:37:37 pm »

So THAT'S what that was! I spent some odd 10 minutes today trying to figure out what in all hells a spimmator is. Without an internet connection.
It's a bronze creature here is the raws of it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:09:47 pm by danmanthedog »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 19, 2014, 07:43:42 pm »

Just change the maxage tag to be higher. Their highest age now is 61.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 19, 2014, 07:53:27 pm »

A royalty that is so badass it can not have children
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 19, 2014, 08:01:04 pm »

I've noticed something strange.

Everyone on the continent was of unknown parentage, apparently. What gives?
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 19, 2014, 08:06:35 pm »

Just change the maxage tag to be higher. Their highest age now is 61.
thanks didn't noticed that.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 19, 2014, 08:15:15 pm »

I've noticed something strange.

Everyone on the continent was of unknown parentage, apparently. What gives?

Remember how I said Vlad had a family history of nobody knowing who their father was?
I didn't mean for that to be universal.

EDIT: I thought of an explanation.
All the dwarves on this continent share one weird cultural trait; all children are raised communally. Heredity wasn't even a concept among the dwarves here until the mass-migration from the old world, which has gradually replaced the old ways continent-wide. This explains the lack of hereditary monarchs or recorded parentage, until Demongate times when old-world traditions become dominant, which they would as families who got to inherit wealth would become naturally dominant over families who just distributed their wealth around upon death.

Fun with Vlad's backstory, since Vlad is apparently a dwarf of nigh-infinite relevance to everything in Demongate: Vlad is a dwarf from the backwaters that still practice the old ways, explaining the accent and his disdain for 'foreigners' who come from the same kingdom as him.

But seriously though, as of right now Vlad has been at the center of every interesting plot development to date, which means he must be about to die pretty ingloriously if I remember how Steelhold typically went correctly. Watch him die from an infected smashed toenail before the first siege arrives.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:26:20 pm by MDFification »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 19, 2014, 08:17:41 pm »

Everyone? Mask, you didn't accidentally sterilise the entire world when you were modding, did you?

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 19, 2014, 08:18:06 pm »

Maybe armok is all of our fathers
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 19, 2014, 08:29:01 pm »

Everyone? Mask, you didn't accidentally sterilise the entire world when you were modding, did you?

I don't even think that's possible to do. If some removed the ability of dwarves to have children, you'd just get an original and final generation. I think worldgen was on long enough that that generation would be gone by now, and there's no known way to affect listed parentage.
Although there was some mucking about in the raws which I know nothing about.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 19, 2014, 08:47:47 pm »

Hmm. Perhaps it's just because the have been so many wars going on, so everyone gets killed before having children then?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 19, 2014, 08:58:08 pm »

Hmm. Perhaps it's just because the have been so many wars going on, so everyone gets killed before having children then?

It's probably that the world was genned with the 'only show important persons' or whatever it's called on. That's an option that deletes people who had extremely boring lives.
So just by chance, no interesting person has gone on to have an interesting child.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 172