Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 671880 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.
« Reply #2520 on: January 12, 2015, 04:22:46 pm »

Actually, this works perfectly with what I have planned for my character.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: January 12, 2015, 10:19:28 pm »

This sounds like a fairly cool system. However, keep in mind that no matter how rigid and balanced the point distribution, at the end of each year, the headmaster is just going to choose his favorite faction and award them absurd awards for random reasons until they win.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: January 13, 2015, 04:32:35 am »

As the headmaster, I heartily approve of this.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: January 13, 2015, 04:15:36 pm »

You guys the main writers seem to work better with less constraints is adding more really a good idea? This idea would make it easier for new community members but how many new people actually show up and directly contribute?
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: January 13, 2015, 04:32:56 pm »

The intention is to avoid having main writers. Fortresses are more likely to turn into glorious madness when there's no guiding hand behind them. My plan is to have the canon of the next fortress rest with the current overseer so they can remove something they really don't like, but the 'owner' of a character can veto something the overseer wants them to do if it's very out of character. The system will also hopefully encourage alliances and antagonisms that change at a moment's notice, which would be good for making conflict.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: January 13, 2015, 04:35:38 pm »

Thats true but to be a realist we do have main writers true other writers contributed throughout steelhold but there were main writers and i do not think we should try to avoid something that made the story what it is.......
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: January 13, 2015, 04:36:08 pm »

But thats just my opinion...
A Dwarven Viking

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: January 13, 2015, 04:42:25 pm »

Perhaps, but having official main writers could discourage other contributors, and leaves the story a lot more vulnerable to stagnation. I mean, I didn't contribute much to Steelhold before my turn and then I turned the place into a vampire city. I'd like new players to keep the freedom to do stuff like that, and having a board of directors with a plan of how the story should be going would impede that.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: January 13, 2015, 05:10:02 pm »

Perhaps, but having official main writers could discourage other contributors, and leaves the story a lot more vulnerable to stagnation. I mean, I didn't contribute much to Steelhold before my turn and then I turned the place into a vampire city. I'd like new players to keep the freedom to do stuff like that, and having a board of directors with a plan of how the story should be going would impede that.

Besides, how do we decide who's a main writer? I mean I basically stopped writing halfway through this thread, Gnorm is banned for protecting us all from the LIBERAL MENACE... that leaves Asmoth and Rhaken as the only regulars from Steelhold.

Central planing ain't gonna work.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: January 13, 2015, 05:11:39 pm »

I agree.
I see no problems with the overseer having high control, with other players being able to veto things that break character too far.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: January 13, 2015, 05:53:13 pm »

Just my opinion it's the collective threads choice...
A Dwarven Viking

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: January 16, 2015, 10:47:51 pm »

Besides, how do we decide who's a main writer? I mean I basically stopped writing halfway through this thread, Gnorm is banned for protecting us all from the LIBERAL MENACE... that leaves Asmoth and Rhaken as the only regulars from Steelhold.

You forgot me lolz.

But yeah, I dissappeared twice, once in the middle and then right at the end...

Sorry guys...

Edit: Wait, we're not done yet?

CAN I HELP!?!?!?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 10:50:34 pm by 4maskwolf »

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: January 17, 2015, 10:01:49 am »

You forgot me lolz.

But yeah, I dissappeared twice, once in the middle and then right at the end...

Sorry guys...

Edit: Wait, we're not done yet?

CAN I HELP!?!?!?

I have brought shame to the thread.
I must commit sudoku.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: January 17, 2015, 10:06:52 am »

Anyone that wants to help can. I've been a bit swamped this month, but I'll be able to get some decent work done on this after the 26th.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: January 26, 2015, 05:43:46 pm »

Bump.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 172