Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 673835 times)

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Battling Blood
« Reply #390 on: March 27, 2014, 02:02:46 pm »

I am not right now planning to have NPCS introduced. Those people i mentioned will leave with the caravan except for two who will not stay in the fort. The others are either farther north or fighting bloodkin in the south.
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #391 on: March 27, 2014, 02:13:52 pm »

That seems like a lot of effort writing with very little bearing on the actual plot, to be honest. Plus, the point of Demongate is as a first line of defense against an invasion of the north. If there's already an entire society of people successfully fighting them further south, why have the fortress at all?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 27, 2014, 02:25:16 pm »

They can not hold them off for the entire time eventually they break through. Plus i like writing and it adds more things for me to work with. Our fort is made on the orders of a queen.
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 27, 2014, 02:30:16 pm »

I'm going to side with jrrocks on this one.  The impression I get is that small squads of bloodkin have been slipping in in the south, devastating villages down there.  Most people chalk it up to wild beasts or goblins, but there are a few who managed to avoid the destruction who know the truth.  I don't have a problem with him creating this group and writing about them, personally.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 27, 2014, 02:36:26 pm »

yea that's the idea the people who believe me or survived want to stop the blookin but they manage to beak through and attack here soon.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 27, 2014, 02:38:07 pm »

yea that's the idea the people who believe me or survived want to stop the blookin but they manage to beak through and attack here soon.
The idea of the fortress is that this is the site of the main bloodkin attack, but in including your story there are so many bloodkin they split some of their forces down south to disrupt the rear lines in advance of their primary attack.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 27, 2014, 02:46:19 pm »

Plus they cant leave their rear open to attack by the southern kingdoms. They would want to get rid of those kingdoms as well.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 27, 2014, 02:53:49 pm »

From what I understood, the south is already pretty much overrun. I can see how there'd still be a few strongholds down there doing what they can to fight them, and I don't have a problem with the Olympians being a group of those people, but I don't see why they have to be a secret society if that's the case.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 27, 2014, 02:59:38 pm »

From what I understood, the south is already pretty much overrun. I can see how there'd still be a few strongholds down there doing what they can to fight them, and I don't have a problem with the Olympians being a group of those people, but I don't see why they have to be a secret society if that's the case.
Two words: bloodkin spies.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 27, 2014, 03:01:55 pm »

As long as it's not messing up the fort, go nuts.
Also someone might want to pick up all those used bolts that are just lying around the place forbidden.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 27, 2014, 03:02:11 pm »

Also nobody believed them when they said bloodkin existed. So it was made in secret. Why give up the secret now. Also maybe people labeled them heretics for believing in the bloodkin or delusional.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 27, 2014, 03:03:32 pm »

As long as it's not messing up the fort, go nuts.
Also someone might want to pick up all those used bolts that are just lying around the place forbidden.
oh hell no nobody touches those bolts.  I do NOT want my archers wasting their time toting around single bolts into battle/to hunt.

Sorry, that was the Sir Brenzen in me speaking.  Do what you will, it is your fortress.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 03:06:30 pm by 4maskwolf »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #402 on: March 27, 2014, 03:57:21 pm »

You could just turn off hauling for your archers, or melt down the bolts once they become seperated from the stack.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 27, 2014, 04:11:29 pm »

Or you could burn the archers they can't pick them up if their dead!!

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 27, 2014, 04:51:33 pm »

"I can't believe so that's why Thane is called Thane, she's part of the Olympians! The fabled bloodkin exterminators, to think one of their kind is here. They say that the Olympians were survive rs of attacks from the bloodkin one the villages in the south but the problem is the bloodkin don't leave survivors, EVER! So there is stories of the Olympians actuary making a pact with demons to save their lives but how do you save you self from the bloodkin when they themselves can smell the soul of all creatures? BY selling your whole soul away for both protection and power from the demon you made the deal with. But you believe me Gnora about thane?"
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 172