Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665468 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Battling Blood
« Reply #465 on: March 31, 2014, 07:28:57 pm »

Well, hopefully he'll just pretend to be the guy who sold the coffin and join the fortress, since in character he'd have had ample time to go legendary in his combat skills, which would leave everyone except maybe Brenzen a bit screwed. I'm guessing he ended up in the coffin via infighting, or perhaps plan gone awry (or plan gone correctly).

By the way, isn't it a bit odd how no one in Demongate aside from Vlad and, presumably, Gnora sleeps at night?
Brenzen sleeps...

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 31, 2014, 07:34:13 pm »

Blaaa!!!! *breathing deeply* Oww my head.. stinky nightmares. What was it about a pig.... no wait it was about a sausage and a vampire. *Hack cough* Got to stop eating cheese before breakfest. *Crash* What, who, when, how? It must be thane or tarmid!

Yep, us scholarly types are famed for being loud and throwing heavy objects around. Yeeeep.

Well, hopefully he'll just pretend to be the guy who sold the coffin and join the fortress, since in character he'd have had ample time to go legendary in his combat skills, which would leave everyone except maybe Brenzen a bit screwed. I'm guessing he ended up in the coffin via infighting, or perhaps plan gone awry (or plan gone correctly).

By the way, isn't it a bit odd how no one in Demongate aside from Vlad and, presumably, Gnora sleeps at night?
Brenzen sleeps...

Not for long!
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 31, 2014, 07:36:51 pm »

Blaaa!!!! *breathing deeply* Oww my head.. stinky nightmares. What was it about a pig.... no wait it was about a sausage and a vampire. *Hack cough* Got to stop eating cheese before breakfest. *Crash* What, who, when, how? It must be thane or tarmid!

Yep, us scholarly types are famed for being loud and throwing heavy objects around. Yeeeep.

Brenzen sleeps...

Not for long!
They are very loud those tricky book readers always being loud.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 31, 2014, 07:39:18 pm »

Well, Vlad sleeps in the barracks most of the time, so that makes sense. For everyone else, day/night isn't really a thing, because they're all underground.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 31, 2014, 07:41:39 pm »

Also Thanatos has had a hard life many battles ect. He gets nightmares often so he does not sleep as much
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 31, 2014, 07:42:54 pm »

Don't sweat it. Live and learn. :)
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 31, 2014, 07:49:56 pm »

Exactly
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 31, 2014, 07:53:19 pm »

Or get horribly killed by vampire zombies.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 31, 2014, 08:19:28 pm »

True in dwarf fortress anything can happen :) :) :)

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 31, 2014, 10:11:22 pm »

Gnora was suddenly aroused by the sound of many footsteps moving about the halls. After taking a moment to collect herself, Gnora came to the realization that she was still in her office, going over her plans for the spring harvest. It was a difficult task for her, especially considering that she was unable to make use of any mathematics more complex than counting in "hands" and "fingers," a fact that she could recall caused Tarmid to become genuinely saddened. The task of overseeing the fort was beginning to weigh upon her as well, and she was actively trying to find a reasonable successor.

More movement could be heard from outside, and Gnora decided to investigate the reason for this commotion. Exiting her office, Gnora walked towards the source of the sounds. They lead her down through the mines and into the small chamber where the sarcophagus was kept. Inside she saw several other dwarves -- including Thane, Tarmid, Dantheman, and Vladimir -- all faced intently towards a young, nearly naked dwarf. Noticing the number of people in the area, the intruder swept a bow and looked towards his company with a smile.

"Is there anywhere here where a dwarf may find a tailor?" he asked.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 31, 2014, 11:01:31 pm »

Hey guys, do you think I could have a turn please? Sign me up with a dwarf too...

Male (if possible)
Name: Captain + Dwarf’s first name
Profession title: Wizard
Actual profession: Crossbowdwarf, Siege Engineer, Weaponsmith, or Armoursmith.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 31, 2014, 11:36:41 pm »

Hey guys, do you think I could have a turn please? Sign me up with a dwarf too...
Sure thang! I'll get to that by the end of my turn.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 01, 2014, 12:06:59 am »

Lokast, despite being in hurry, managed to scribe some observations in his book. It was probably that what impeded him, as he arrived on the scene in time with Gnora - only to hear something about the tailor. The sight that greeted his sleep-deprived eyes was interesting from every point of view - from social and up to, strangely enough, historical. Something told him that. Something... Lokast felt his leg moved on its own, bringing his paralysed body into the room, while his hand mechanically scribed.

"Something tells me that scene here is of utmost significance. Truly, unlucky moment to get caught into one of my blackouts... At last, IT's here"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:33:03 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 01, 2014, 05:17:45 am »

So, are we going to have a vampire wandering around the fortress freely now? I imagine that would be counter-productive.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 01, 2014, 10:25:02 am »

So, are we going to have a vampire wandering around the fortress freely now? I imagine that would be counter-productive.

If Gnorm chooses not to deal with them,  I'm sure the next Overseer will.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 172